1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

What's your secret weapon?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by stevo1206, 5 January 2014 Social URL.

1. stevo1206

stevo1206 Member

Does anyone have a secret weapon to help keep them on track or a go to recipe to pick them up? I am a huge fan of franks hot sauce to spice things up even as a dip for carrot sticks and chef Paul's seasoning is great on anything especially chicken and chips!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

My secret weapons are

This forum
    WW Kitchen scales
    Actifry
    Hairy Bikers Healthy Cook books
    My best friend, who always supports my weight loss

4. lisalu

lisalu Well-Known Member

My scales (for weighing food)
    My 30 day shred exercise DVD
    Ultimate value diary app on my iPhone. Would be lost without it :)

5. stevo1206

stevo1206 Member

Cheeky does the actifry really cut down on points?

6. Cheekypasterfield

I wouldn't say it cuts down points as such, more better quality.

I personally can't stand low fat oven chips. I can have 150g of chips for 3PP. I'm not sure what the equivalent weight to points would be for oven chips but taste wise you are having cracking chips lol xx

7. Linz259

Linz259 Well-Known Member

We keep looking at actifry then don't buy it for fear of it being another appliance that gathers dust lol. Do u use it a lot? For what other than chips?

8. Cheekypasterfield

Hubby and I said the same so when we bought it I made a promise to use it. I do

Chips - obviously
    New potato which become mini jackets
    Carrots - nicely roasted
    Mushrooms
    Peppers
    Chicken nuggets (usually for the kids)
    Meatballs - like ikea ones
    Fresh chicken sliced

There are other recipes which comes in the book like curry or deserts but I've never bothered

I do mainly use it for potatoes and carrot 'chips' and I use it every day unless it's mash or takeaway

9. lisalu

lisalu Well-Known Member

Oh that actifry sounds great. Is it expensive cheeky?

10. Cheekypasterfield

The actifry was, we paid about 130. Hubby and I both agreed that next time we'll buy a Phillips Air dryer its about 80. Definitely worth the money either of them but just a shame it has to be so costly

11. lisalu

lisalu Well-Known Member

I suppose if you use it every day though it's well worth it. Sounds great and so much more healthier

12. Cheekypasterfield

The chips are lovely, especially with salt and vinegar. Proper old fashioned chunky chips with no cooking oil (I use fry light)

13. Linz259

Thanks! So do you think the Philips one is just as good? We also looked at that one too x

14. Cheekypasterfield

I believe it is but never used it so would look at reviews first x

15. CambridgeKez

CambridgeKez Well-Known Member

I use the Philips Airfryer almost daily. It's fab, much faster than oven too and there is a catchment underneath the basket for any oil to drip away. I too use frozen chunky oven chips in it. I also do sausage & bacon which comes out fantastically crispy with all fat drained off. I've done fish fingers, fish cakes, roast potatoes, garlic bread, bread rolls to warm for soup (takes literally 2 mins), mini kievs(8mins), etc. basically anything that would go in oven. X

16. tanyarose

tanyarose Member

I would recommend the Phillips airfryer it's amazing and so much quick than cooking stuff in the oven :)

17. Linz259

Thanks guys!

(.........off to buy an airfryer.......)

18. ellaye

ellaye Well-Known Member

Stuff like ginger, garlic, lime juice/zest, fresh & dried chillies, spices, balsamic glaze, flavourful salad dressings, etc.

If I can't have lots of fat & sugar & carbs, I'm going to make sure the things I can eat are as flavoursome as possible.

19. stevo1206

stevo1206 Member

Lol @ Linz I was thinkin the exact same but might have to wait until payday!

Stevosaurus-Rex

20. stevo1206

stevo1206 Member

That's my thinking Ella and I love spicy things! Is balsamic glaze the same as balsamic vinegar?

Stevosaurus-Rex

21. ellaye

ellaye Well-Known Member

It's like a balsamic reduction. I think it's 1 PP for 1 tablespoon which is plenty if you drizzle it over salad or grilled chicken. Tesco, Asda and Waitrose all sell it.