What's your Waist to Hip Ratio?

MissAma

Silver Member
I was wondering, what does everyone have for WHR.

"Your health is not only affected by how much body fat you have, but also by where most of the fat is located on your body. People who tend to gain weight mostly in their hips and buttocks have roughly a pear body shape, while people who tend to gain weight mostly in the abdomen have more of an apple body shape.
If you have an apple shaped body rather than a pear shaped body, you are at increased risk for the health problems associated with obesity, such as diabetes, coronary heart disease and high blood pressure - that's something you inherited, and have had since birth - but you can take special care to keep your weight at a healthy level, eat nutritiously, exercise as appropriate, and maintain other healthy lifestyle habits."

Calculator here

Goes to show how strange BMI is, my ratio is 0.78 so perfectly fine but my BMI as you can see is through the roof.

Feels so awkward, doesn't it? Being clearly healthier than many of the so called skinnys :) and for it not to show in an evident, yucky manner yet for your BMI to be this high and your weight to make people's eyes pop out! Ro_Laren don't people get utterly shocked when they hear your initial weight? I haven't been brave enough to tell them yet -will one day when it's gone- but the few strangers that knew were speechless.

Yes, even at my heaviest (26st 6lbs) I was still active, and the way my weight is distributed, still had an hourglass figure. In a way though, it's not good because it was easier to kid myself that I was OK.

Ironically, I've lost over 7 stone but don't feel really any different in myself. I think I've totally lost touch with my body!

I'm on day two of my diet, and my stats are very weird, 45-45-42! I have very narrow hips and a small bum (so don't look too bad from the front, it's when I turn sideways that I look as though I'm pregnant with triplets :sigh: ). All I want is a waist - please!
:sign0009:

Ironically, I've lost over 7 stone but don't feel really any different in myself. I think I've totally lost touch with my body!

This struck a chord.... I lost 3 stones in total (18kg) and I don't feel like there's much of a difference.... I do sometimes but sometimes absolutely not! Gah, it's the head that's wrong :)

I'm on day two of my diet, and my stats are very weird, 45-45-42! I have very narrow hips and a small bum (so don't look too bad from the front, it's when I turn sideways that I look as though I'm pregnant with triplets :sigh: ). All I want is a waist - please!
:sign0009:

I'm sure you'll get it!

Very odd. Using my pre CD measurements and those I took today, I was at low risk before CD but at 0.81 am now at a moderate risk....... better go eat!!!!

Sorry for being a party pooper but a high BMI is a huge increased risk especially if it is higher than 30 and that is irregardless of your waist and hip ratio. So even if your waist hip ratio is healthy and you are overweight they sort of cancel each other out.

Sorry for being a party pooper but a high BMI is a huge increased risk especially if it is higher than 30 and that is irregardless of your waist and hip ratio. So even if your waist hip ratio is healthy and you are overweight they sort of cancel each other out.

Spoilsport!

Seriously, of course I know that a high BMI is dangerous. When you've always been at the high/unhealthy level of any scale though, it's lovely to be 'normal' in one!

I'm 0.78 HWR and have BMI 22 and body fat percentage (not according to that website, according to caliper measurements) 19.7 or slightly less...

It says my waist to hip ratio is 0.70 what does that mean?? lol! My waist is too big for my hips, or the other way around???

No, apparently the perametres for attractiveness and health say the number should be between 0.67 and 0.8...

Back