Wheatgerm / Wheat bran

Toots

Gold Member
Hello lovely ladies (and gents) - just wondered if I could pick your brains.

Can someone tell me if wheatgerm / wheat bran are the same thing - I can only find wheatgerm. Asked Dad (the chef) and he says they're close enough for what I want to make (muffins) but are they close enough for Dukan purposes?

Just need something mobile for work days and I think muffins would be ideal - sick of chicken/eggs - had so many over the past 5 weeks that I may start to squawk

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

xx

Sorry, I've no idea if they are the same.
I bought mine in Morrison's in their baking aisle if that helps.

Thanks, Hun

Off to the farm shop for my eggs and veggies shortly and it's just next to Morrisons -so will pop in.

Don't want to risk it being wrong - I'm slow loser anyway so I need all the help I can get ;)

xx

Holland and Barret sell wheatbran and if you go on their website and search for wheatgerm it actually brings up the wheatbran! i still have no idea if they are the same thing though sorry :eek:

Thanks, Jezebell - it helps that it's not just me being me!! I thought it was maybe this big secret that I was not in on ;)

Good to know there's an alternative if my Morrisons is out

This week has been a nightmare for shops being out of Oatbran and Total 0% - must be the Daily Mail effect :)

xx

hi there, thought it was oatbran we are having not wheat?

Hey there - it is oatbran daily but there is a toffee muffin recipe which also calls for wheat bran. Sorry to confuse

xx

Toots: Wheat germ is NOT the same as wheat bran, and is not suitable for the dukan diet.

Jam: One tablespoon of wheatgerm is allowed in cruise as an optional "tolerated item" in addition to the compulsory Two tablespoons of oatbran. It can help with transit issues, and is also a godsend for baking.

Toots: Wheat germ is NOT the same as wheat bran, and is not suitable for the dukan diet.

Brilliant - thank you so so much - will hold off on the muffins until I can locate the bran

xx

Jam: One tablespoon of wheat[STRIKE]germ [/STRIKE]BRAN! is allowed in cruise as an optional "tolerated item" in addition to the compulsory Two tablespoons of oatbran. It can help with transit issues, and is also a godsend for baking.

Little slip of the finger there Atropos... :D

Here in the states I cannot find wholemeal bread so I am using Whole grain 100% whole wheat. I hope this alright any advice would be appreciated.

Hi
I got my oat bran from tesco on sunday, its was in the cereal isle by the oat type muesli
x x x

Here in the states I cannot find wholemeal bread so I am using Whole grain 100% whole wheat. I hope this alright any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds great Vegas. Here in France he advises buying in baker's, rather than in supermarkets, where one can and it's true that the texture and taste of the bread is completely different.

Well done on your weight loss and good luck in Conso.

Back