when did it become the Forum for the Rightious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I've only been on here a couple of weeks. I'll keep my opinions to myself in future!

Theres no need for that but it might be helpful to double check before you make some statements

Yeah well the amount of people jumping on the defensive of things I've written is the reason. Bang your head quietly!

People have jumped to be defensive because they, like me, took your comment to be aimed directly at me and were jumping to my defense, you cant condemn people for that.

Yeah well the amount of people jumping on the defensive of things I've written is the reason. Bang your head quietly!

Really? In 43 posts you've had lots of people jump on your posts???

I doubt it very much.

And please don't be so rude to the wonder Vanilla Cupcake, she's a wise one who is NOT indispensable!

I never noticed before how 'clicky' this forum is!! Oh how I wish I could be part of the 'in crowd'!! Hmmmm mm ....

jaylou said:

I doubt it very much.

And please don't be so rude to the wonder Vanilla Cupcake, she's a wise one who is NOT indispensable!

No not in 43 posts, just ones in this thread actually!

rachelbigbum said:
Like I said, I've only been on here a couple of weeks. I'll keep my opinions to myself in future!

You can express any opinions you like, however perhaps going to the person concerned or reporting the post would be better than the passive aggressive approach!

jaylou said:

I doubt it very much.

Awwww thanks Jay! ;)

I reckon it's time for this thread to be locked - I can't see what can be gained by arguing like this. It's enough to put anyone off the forum - new member or established.

3106Catherine said:
I feel like ive missed something here! I haven't seen anything that I would say was deliberately nasty/ b***** and I've been on this forum since 2010. Yes a lot of ppl come and go and there is a 'core' group of ppl who are consistent members/contributors.

I can understand it does get boring reading the same requests/types of posts but with the number of ppl coming and going I think that's par for the course.

I love minimins im here day in day out and yea sometimes things have got a little 'heated' but that's generally when advice is asked for and not accepted/excuses given.

Anyway I've neither seen the 'post' this might relate to nor the 'silver' section???? Jaylou what is the silver section I feel I'm missing out now!!!

Was in general not attached to certain person/thread just an overview of what I've witnessed over this forum :)

Its a hell of a generalisation to make though... You can surely find MANY more posts that ARE supportive than ones that are not. It isn't something you can really generalise about.

who_la_hoop said:
I reckon it's time for this thread to be locked - I can't see what can be gained by arguing like this. It's enough to put anyone off the forum - new member or established.

Here here !!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I think it's just important to remember that we were all new once, we didn't always know the plan like we do now -so is it really the crime of the century if someone asks the same question as a couple of days later and it got buried amongst posts? If it DOES annoy you, just ignore it? I don't get the problem.

I personally found it rude saying things like 'psh you can afford take aways but not group?' - im sorry but that is absolutley NONE of anyones business, and no one needs a randoms opinion on their life. I just found that pretty awful, actually. People don't need a running commentary on their life choices, based on a post or two in a forum.

But I think it is important to remember to read all posts carefully, you cannot tell someones tone of voice by typing! Some posts seem abrupt but that's just the way people type.

No one should be put off posting, there are lots of people who have been here a while, who know the plan inside out, who are happy to answer and help if they can.

If you feel offended, report the post. If you don't want to answer newbies questions, don't.

All goooooooooood in the hoooooooood.

Lizbif has gone off on one before about all this!! Some people like the sound of their own voices!!

As for people slagging off Starlight.....they need to catch themselves on, she does an amazing job, always has done and as I've said before this place would fall apart without her!!

Quite easy to dismiss someone who has a Valid point that doesnt quite match yours ehh!!!

For many of us our weight and our weight loss is highly emotive. Sometimes we are unable to hear advice even when we have asked for it. We are all at different stages of weight loss and it is easy to feel frustrated with each other at times. The only suggestion I have is to imagine the person you speaking to when replying to a thread.

clairex said:
I think it's just important to remember that we were all new once, we didn't always know the plan like we do now -so is it really the crime of the century if someone asks the same question as a couple of days later and it got buried amongst posts? If it DOES annoy you, just ignore it? I don't get the problem.

I personally found it rude saying things like 'psh you can afford take aways but not group?' - im sorry but that is absolutley NONE of anyones business, and no one needs a randoms opinion on their life. I just found that pretty awful, actually. People don't need a running commentary on their life choices, based on a post or two in a forum.

But I think it is important to remember to read all posts carefully, you cannot tell someones tone of voice by typing! Some posts seem abrupt but that's just the way people type.

No one should be put off posting, there are lots of people who have been here a while, who know the plan inside out, who are happy to answer and help if they can.

If you feel offended, report the post. If you don't want to answer newbies questions, don't.

Ok that was my post, did I post it about you? Anyone you know? Well the fact is this, if people can't live without takeaways just enough to attend group then I don't believe theyre committed and therefore why should I waste my time? That's why I don't post in the Syn Values forum. If you had a problem with that then report the post!

Thank you, you make the point I was trying to make better than it did!

The other day some of us were engaged in a thread I started and it got heated. Starlight locked it. That helped big style as it have me time to chill and realised that it was only a difference of opinion. This forum is great and due to semantics, we can ALL misinterpret.

At the end of the day we are all here with one common goal- to lose weight and become healthy.

I hope not to offend anyone but in general day thanks to those who take time to answer questions and give much needed support.

Thanks

Nomes x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back