When did people notice

izzymum

Can you remember when people started to notice your weight loss?

I have only lost 15lbs so far, well my clothes feel loser but I don't look any different.

I think it may be another couple of stones maybe before people notice as I was big anyway?

izzymum

Well done on losing 15lb! I'm sure you do look different really, it's just that you can't see it.

I had occasional comments from family and friends after about a month (after losing over a stone) but I'd say that it was after two to three months when people really started to comment, as in everyone! People at work, neighbours, the postman!! Probably when I'd lost about 3 stone and my belly and backside were a lot smaller!

Izzymum I found my comments come from people I haven't seen in a while.

Hubby did say as he sees me everyday he doesn't really notice it but my mum and dad have commented and I see them most days!

You know you have lost because your clothes are loser and it shows on the scales and you are doing great so keep up the good work.

What diet are you following?

I am on Go Lower and for me it is working wonders as their target is a stone a month and I am hitting that every month eating real food.

I cant really see I have lost weight but I can def feel it! :) my OH and mum and a few friends I have told I am on a diet said they can tell but I really think thats just cause they know. I think it will be a while before people will start noticing really x

Well done on losing 15lb! I'm sure you do look different really, it's just that you can't see it.

I had occasional comments from family and friends after about a month (after losing over a stone) but I'd say that it was after two to three months when people really started to comment, as in everyone! People at work, neighbours, the postman!! Probably when I'd lost about 3 stone and my belly and backside were a lot smaller!

Yes your right, I probably can't see it myself yet, and my hubby sees me everyday so he won't notice, mind you he don't even notice when I have my hair cut!

Well done on your loss too.

Izzymum I found my comments come from people I haven't seen in a while.

What diet are you following?.

Yes your right, when I see my mum next bet she says something.

Not following a diet as such, just cutting back on rubbish and exercising more.

I cant really see I have lost weight but I can def feel it! :) my OH and mum and a few friends I have told I am on a diet said they can tell but I really think thats just cause they know. I think it will be a while before people will start noticing really x

Yes, as others have said, they see us to often to notice maybe? - well done on your loss so far!

People suddenly all noticed at once for me a couple of weeks ago. Even my Dad whose oblivious to this stuff noticed!

I'd lost just over 2 stone, but I think people started to notice really because my clothes had gone from being too tight, to fitting, to being way to big! I'm convinced if I wore clothes that fitted properly all the time people wouldn't have noticed.

People began to notice with me just after my first stone loss...It felt great getting the compliments. However, once I got the initial well dones etc., people stopped saying and noticing...Now my clothes are falling off me and I'm always having to hike them up, people notice that and therefore realise I've lost weight. I agree with Sugar Fiend, if I wore clothes that fitted properly all the time I'm sure they wouldn't notice...However when I do get a compliment usually from people I haven't seen in a while, I treasure it!

Good luck on your weight loss

xx

Oooh yes, you have to treasure those compliments even if you don't really quite believe them yourself. It feels kind of odd if I get compliments from people I don't know what well though!

about 2 stone before anyone commented, but ive found people can be weird about mentioning it. for example, my mums friend popped over today i spoke to her for a bit then went to the gym, when i came back (she'd gone) my mum said as soon as i left she said 'gosh hasnt ria lost alot of weight?'
mums reply was WHY didnt you tell her that! lol

That's true, Ria, people don't like to say it's as if they want to hide from the truth and not make you/them feel embarrassed - it's the opposite - we love to hear it when we've lost weight - who wouldn't?

xx

i completely agree! if i think someones lost weight i always say! doesnt seem like many people think like me though!

Please everyone mention how much weight ive lost so i can smile! :sigh:

Wish someone would notice my weight loss! I have lost 15lbs so far but noone has said anything at work. My friends and OH have but that's to be expected as they know I'm on a diet. I wish someone at work would notice though 'cause I can tell in my clothes that I have lost the weight, maybe it's not that obvious to others and will need to lose more (maybe another stone or so). Maybe I'm just being too needy! lol Kirsty xx

Well, when the postman commented about it last week he said "You are healthy, aren't you? It's not because you're ill?" He said that sometimes you have to be careful when people have lost weight as you can't just assume that people are actually trying to lose weight.

That had never even crossed my mind until he said that but I suppose he had a point.

Bless him, he said he'd seen me the week before but wasn't sure if it was me or not and he said I looked absolutely fantastic. As you can tell, I've got a lovely postie! :D

Ria
You've lost LOADS of weight - please smile and be very very proud of yourself. If we can't make each other smile, then what's the point...

Keep losing

xx

awww, what a lovely thing to say xx

Well, when the postman commented about it last week he said "You are healthy, aren't you? It's not because you're ill?" He said that sometimes you have to be careful when people have lost weight as you can't just assume that people are actually trying to lose weight.

That had never even crossed my mind until he said that but I suppose he had a point.

Bless him, he said he'd seen me the week before but wasn't sure if it was me or not and he said I looked absolutely fantastic. As you can tell, I've got a lovely postie! :D

Not even sure what my postie looks like?!

3stone2go - don't worry about your work colleagues not saying anything - YOU Know YOU'VE lost and at the end of the day that is what is important - you're losing for you, not for them. I know it's a good feeling when others compliment, but DON'T let it get you down...

Keep losing
xx

Not even sure what my postie looks like?!

3stone2go - don't worry about your work colleagues not saying anything - YOU Know YOU'VE lost and at the end of the day that is what is important - you're losing for you, not for them. I know it's a good feeling when others compliment, but DON'T let it get you down...

Keep losing
xx

Thank you! I suppose I'm just being impatient really lol

Back