When did you KNOW it was time to return to LL?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Returners' started by Beeswax, 11 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Beeswax

Beeswax Tiny dancer

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life

My lightbulb moment was when I found myself buying a lemon cheesecake (small! But still...) KNOWING that:

• It was very calorific
    • It was something like the eighth high calorie food I'd eaten that week
    • I was buying it for an emotional reason, not a hunger/taste reason
    • I'd already put on weight, and it wouldn't help me maintain or lose
    Knowing all these things, I bought it and ate it, and I didn't even taste it going down.

That's when I knew it was time to get back on the horse and start relearning some lessons!

When did you know?
    Last edited: 11 September 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fruitysunshine

Fruitysunshine Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim And Save
    Hi Beeswax - I am reassured reading your post strangely. I am on day 2 of LL as a Returner and I have a lot to lost.

I knew it was time to return in August when the airplane belt would not go round me and I had to place my food tray on the seat next to me as the pull down tray would not come down in front of me.

I was also a tad frustrated when the millionth person asked me when my non-existent baby was due!

Cheesecake is only something I can dream about just now...
  4. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    My lightbulb moment was when i hurt my back very seriously two months ago. I couldn't move for a week and deep down inside i knew it was because i was getting too heavy (it happened before for exact same reasons). Not to mention buying clothes that i was sure they'd fit me only to be bitterly disappointed when i attempted to put them on...
    That person is on their way out for good now though :D
    Mags xxx
  5. Minerva

Minerva ...passing through.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    16:8 & CC // VLCD
    Beeswax. :)
    First - well done for realising to take action before it's too late... many don't and run away, plunging further into the world of emotional eating to counteract that initial guilt.

Second - since you've decided to take your life into your own hands again, this is the crucial part. I didn't learn from LL the first time. I got too happy and when I finished I also went to emo-eating stage. Then I had that lighbulb and I restarted. I actually learned the LL lessons this time. The first time they go a little over your head to be honest...

I'm not going to lie though, second time IS a sh*t load harder. But push through. Take it as a 'survival until next Weigh In'... that's what got me through. Just going a little bit longer, "just until" I get to group. Eventually, it clicks into place again.

All the best to you B~
  6. Jennifer80

Jennifer80 Full Member

God this thread applies to me! I have tried to come back sooo many times, done a few weeks and then feel off the wagon or didn't feel in the right place.

I feel i have put weight on, my clothes are tight and i'm bulging out them and i can tell people have noticed i've gained. You know when you say to people oh i must get back on my diet... and they don't really have a reply but you can tell theyre thinking 'yes you should' :(

Im at that stage now and have arranged with my LL counsillor to go back the end of this month when i get paid. I am quite excited and can't wait. I am using up old packs i have in the house (starting from today) but don't have enough to do me until i go back.

Look forward to catching up with a lot of you guys and it's great to know you're all hear for support and advice xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.