When do people start to notice your loss?

unfortunately some people are like that. I luckly have a really supportive group of friends. I didnt tell anyone when I started CD however people started to notice my loss when I hit the 2 stone mark :) I can tell you now dropping jeans sizes is such a great feeling. Good luck with your weight loss journey :) xxx

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs

Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!
:love047:
WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
Current Weight now 15st 7 lbs

Good thread! Interstingly I didn't see a friend (whom I used to see fairly frequently) for 3 months when I last did SS successfully. I lost 2 stone and was 9st (which is still a bit heavy for my 5ft 2 frame) and was a 10-12 dress size down from 14 to 16. She didn't once comment! Others did though!

So you will find some people who are "friends" may not comment at all and other friends will.

Well today I tried on a pair of 18 jeans (bearing in mind that I used to wear size 24) and I could do them up! So, I think my friends must be blind because there is a huge difference between an 18 and 24 and I feel sooooo much better having lost it.

Mind you, some people would say i'd lost it years ago haha! x

WoW! Alderney that is brilliant! You'll be at least another dress size smaller by the end of the year if not two! I really feel encouraged when I see others doing so well and wonder why I didn't stick to it all in the first place!! Well, can't change the past but I can ceratinly change whether I cave in to temptation or not over next few weeks!

Yes, I've just said to my hubby that when I go on my Christmas shopping trip on 3rd December they should fit me perfectly - wow, can't believe an 18 .... seemed impossible a month ago and feels so fab!

Well done such a great loss I have gone from size 20 - 22 now down to size 16 you must be soo proud of yourself I know I am. Keep up the good work x

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

10/10/11- WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
17/10/11 - Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
24/10/11 - Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
31/10/11 - Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
07/11/11 - Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
14/11/11 – WK 6 – Lost 7 lbs
Current Weight 14st 14lbs
Total Loss so far 2st 9lbs

Mishie that's brilliant too, I can't wait to get into a 16. And keep plodding Kira, you'll get there soon.

On another positive, I've gone down a bra size too. I put one of my old ones on this weekend as I only have one 'new size' and it was in the wash. Anyway, in my old one the cup was so loose and I had to tighten the straps and put it on the tightest hooks. Not a good look really. Better get ordering some new bras too ..... sooo exciting!!!

Hope everyone has a really good week xx

I've been putting bra shopping off! It's so expensive.

I've already gone from wearing a 36H to wearing a 32H. I think I'm now a 32G - but refuse to buy one!

Not sure I can put it off any longer! 32H is SUPER baggy, and my 32F are still way too small!

Lol! The buy a new bra or not dilemma makes laugh! It's always the last item we usually buy yet it can be like cheese wire when overweight! Well for me anyway!

TK Maxx I discovered bargain bras in the clearance section and is a great place tono to buy cheaper I between dress sizez. Definitely worth a trip or a rummage or those who can't face going into TK Maxx.

gah - i've spent more on bras than i have anything else. when i went down a back size there was no uestion, because i was in agony... then i went down a cup size and i could've coped... but i like my boobs to look perky, and that means a well-fitting bra.

TODAY WAS MY DAY! Two people have asked the golden question "have you lost weight" I've been on cloud 9.

Also, went clothes shopping yesterday and .... drum roll, got into size 16 jeans - whoop whoop

And, agree to the bra comment Spangles, mine look so much perkier now LOL but it makes me feel better too. I've only gone down in the back size, I guess the cups in my old bras had just expanded over the last few months and they aren't going to shrink so a new bra was a must.

Today I am a VERY HAPPY ALDERNEY!!!

Last edited:
hi Alderney,

that is such an inspiration, well done you ! when is your next weigh in ? i cant wait to hear how you get on! ... can i ask, what size did you start at? ... xx

Hi Fallen, it's my weigh-in tomorrow morning and I hope I've lost again. Don't see why I won't as I've been 100% this week. I will post on here again tomorrow (in my diary Let this be it) and let you know.

Also, you asked about my size and today I cleared out a load of blouses and tops that are now too big. I guess at my largest I was a 24 but there was even a 28 amongst them! Sizes are weird though as several of my 22's and 20 tops fit me the best now. I just seem to have shrunk on the bottom half LOL

Good luck to you, just think by Christmas you will be 2 or so stone lighter xx

wish i was losing it from my bottom half, beging to think im going to look like a stick lady with a fat belly by the end of this..lol

please do let me know how you have done, i weigh in tomorrow night fingers crossed... having a wobble tonight, dunno why, but just feel like giving up... but i wont, ... i hope lol, xx

Don't worry fallen it will come off :) I was a bit like that at first but the belly is def shrunk a lot now :) When is your first weigh in is it today? If so good luck let us know how you get on

Hello again, Lost 6lbs this week so that's 2 stone 9lbs. Can really feel the difference now in so many ways. I'm loads more energetic and little things like getting out of the arm chair and bath, are far easier than when I started.

Had another person comment today on my loss so it onwards and upwards now, there will be no stopping me - why should there be, no food temptation is bliss and I am really in the zone!

Hope your weigh in was good Fallen, let us know how you go on won't you? xx

Wow same loss as me now :) we really are doing this together aren't we :) Well done I know the feeling feels soo amazing having lost this much and feel soo much more energetic :) Woo Hoo

that's great news Alderney! I'm on day 12 today and after feeling in the zone finding I am struggling. Not hungry, just kind of missing the fact I can't or shouldn't eat. I feel impatient that my weightloss is so slow but I know it isn't! I just want to have lost a stone today rather than in another 3 weeks! Moan groan! I must pull myself together!

Brilliant Mishie, we are exactly the same now!! Can't wait for next week, it would be brilliant to get to 3 stone. I've got so many outgrown clothes that I'm borrowing a manequin this weekend to take some pics and put them on e-bay. This is a real turning point for me as I have never outgrown anything by losing weight, it's always gone the other way from gaining it LOL

Kira, your weight is doing well. I can't use the scales daily but whatever works for you and you'll soon be a stone lighter, just think how much it will be by Christmas and the end of the year x

Oh well, the kitchen calls - tea to cook for the family so I must get on.

Well done on outgrowing your clothes its a great feeling :) I had the task of bra shopping this weekend was so nice to see the size go down from a 38 to a 36 :) feels much more comfortable to :) luckly have only dropped one size in cup :) isn't it funny how we all want to lose weight just not from that area lol
xx

Back