When do the inches catch up with the scales?

Jennyjacket

Silver Member
Just wondering whats everyones experience of weight loss vs inches loss? Any time iv lost weight its come off the scales quicker than inches off my body. For others it seems to be the other way around. For instance, iv almost lost a stone over the past few weeks which i know isnt a lot considering iv 6 to lose so im quite big anyway. But i havent noticed any change in my measurements yet. Is this normal?

Xox

Everyone is different so no one's answer is going to be the same. But I think you lose inches faster if you exercising. But it will all balance out, just give it time.

Strangely I found different diets had different effects. VLCD's the weight goes before the inches. Low carb, the inches dropped quickly, the scales took longer.

Freedom Pass said:
Strangely I found different diets had different effects. VLCD's the weight goes before the inches. Low carb, the inches dropped quickly, the scales took longer.

Yeah that does seem to be the trend freedom!

Over the last few years I have lost a few stone, but I'm still the same size on top, and 1 size smaller on lower half

It took me some time to see changes in measurements, probably almost two stones before I saw a real difference. I notice much quicker now!

I think everyone varies - I've noticed clothes fitting better and parts of me getting more toned and defined, yet scales hardly budged for a month but I was walking most days and swimming . My size 16 jeans that I could squeeze into in May are now so loose I need a belt but I've lost 3 stone - someone said to me 10lb was a dress size but this is aint true for me!

largerthanmost said:
I think everyone varies - I've noticed clothes fitting better and parts of me getting more toned and defined, yet scales hardly budged for a month but I was walking most days and swimming . My size 16 jeans that I could squeeze into in May are now so loose I need a belt but I've lost 3 stone - someone said to me 10lb was a dress size but this is aint true for me!

Aww id love my size 16s to be loose lol. Thats brilliant. Yeah i think exercising is def key!

So just an update - iv now lost almost 1.5 stone and inches still not budging :(. Clothes dont feel much looser yet. I know everyones different so itl prob just take me a bit longer. Drfinitely need to up the exercise!!

X

Hi jennyjacket, maybe your body is using up the fat stored around your organs first before it tucks In to the outside. That's what I'm hoping is happening. I actually feel flabbier because I'm holding water at the moment. If we are 100% we can't fail. Well done on your loss so far.

It varies from person to person. I tend to lose one clothes size every 1.5 stones. A friend takes til 2 stones to see any differences. Don't get disheartened though it will go.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys, thats reassuring. I was thinking that too angel about organ fat. Suppose thats a really good thing if im losing that cus its dangerous. I have noticed now that my fat feels a lot 'jigglier' (sorry for the horrible image lol) so maybe thats it loosining up for the departure haha.
Thanks again

Xoxoxoxoxo

Me too, I actually feel fatter in some ways because I'm squidgier. I can't wait for it to shift off my tum, no change yet though. Let me know when you see a difference. Mine is in my face only so far that's visible, one chin down, a couple to go :) good luck!

Hi Jenny, well one stone for me seems to equate to 2" off bust, 1" waist and 2" hips. Total of 10" around the other bits I measure. How are you doing?

Back