When do you eat?

sarah83

Try and try again
I've just been having a chat to a colleague and thought it would be interesting to get a bit of an insight into when people eat and how much.

For example a typical weekday for me would be:

Breakfast (something on toast) @ 6.15/6.30ish
Snack around 9.30 (muller or cereal bar)
Snack around 11 (fruit salad, apple, or banana)
Lunch @ 12 (salad/pasta/leftovers)
Snack around 3 (apple or banana)
Dinner @ 7.30ish

Then maybe a kitkat about 8.30ish if I fancy it but usually nothing...

My colleague on the otherhand (not a SWer) has breakfast, then doesn't eat anything apart from a couple of biscuits all day, has his lunch (sandwich, crisps, fruit) at about 3pm, some biscuits when he gets home, his dinner @ 7.30ish then some toast and more biscuits.

It just gets me thinking whether if you do tend to eat very little during the day does it cause binging in the evening?

Just wanted to know your thoughts, out of curiosity more than anything...

I eat nearly all the time just recently....:eek:

I feel like that, but I tend to graze all day in work, then have a big dinner but be ok for the evening...

I think I'm more conscious of it if people around me aren't eating all day like me!!

I used to eat little in the day and loads at night and I am sure it made a big contribution to my weight gain. I tend to eat a lot more balanced through the day nowadays. Still have something at night just before I go to bed but only something light rather than the 58 bars of chocolate and cakes I used to have.

I tend to eat when I'm hungry and have no real set times as such for meals.
I take something to work for my breakfast, sometimes I eat it early sometimes late, it just depends. I do have 3 meals a day though and don't tend to snack.

However, having said that, I have been on a training day at work today and left home without having breakfast, only ate a sardie at lunchtime, haven't drunk enough during the day, had a nightmare 2 and a quarter hour journey home and came straight in and demolished the fridge!!! Dispite having been weighed yesterday and pledging to myself that I was going to have a great week this week, I bet I have just eaten my weekly syns!!
Now, is that because I starving, thirsty or my really bad journey home??? Infact, thinking about it, the last time I had a bad drive home from work, I stopped off at a garage to stock up on pork pies, crisps and chocolate. Oh dear there is no hope for me is there?

Sorry went off on one there lol but to answer you Q, yes I think eating too little during the day, causes binging

7am..... Coffee (lots of!)
9am..... Breakfast
11am..... Snack
130pm..... Lunch
330pm..... Snack
6pm.... Dinner
Then I snack on fruit til around 9pm....

AND by writing this down I have realised I never stop eating haha. Thank god for free and superfree!

i am pretty structured when i eat..
6.30/7 breakfast
about 11 some kind of snack
12.30/1pm Lunch
3pm snack
7pm Dinner
9pm decaf coffee / options and big glass of water.

i find it hard not to snack on bad things so i try to eat something every few hours and don't leave naughty food about, but this past month at work is birthday hell.. cake and biccies EVERYWHERE!!:break_diet:

7.30 breakfast, which will be fruit & yoghurt with either cereal or toast, or crispbreads
10:30ish snack on fruit
12:30ish lunch either pasta salad, potato salad, couscous, followed by a yoghurt
2-3pm snack on fruit
5:30 tea
9:00+ supper which will be my 2nd hexb

And occasionally I have another snack between tea & supper:eek:

Breakfast: 10:00
Lunch: 2:00
Dinner: 7:00
Evening: HEXB and/or syns

Normally have a 1 snack an hour inbetween (normally fruit or a yog), tea, coffee and water.

im ok during the day , i have breakfast and a late lunch then dinner about 8 ish normally late as in the evenings i tend to snack and binge .

I work 12 hour shifts so try and stagger it out evenly through the day if I can as pretty much by the time I get in from work its time to go to bed and get up again at 5am!

5am - coffee
7am - more coffee and water
8am - porridge or weetabix
10am - fruit
12pm - lunch
2pm - fruit
5pm - dinner (you can just imagine how much stuff I have to bring into work!)
7pm - journey home in car - hi fi bar - stops me from having a binge when I get in
9pm - chocolate options (and syns if I fancy it)

Thanks for all your responses, just thought it would be interesting to see what others do. I don't feel so bad now about my frequent snacking (all on good old free food of course!!)

But then even with all my snacking yesterday I still managed to demolish 10syns worth of Cadbury's Animal biscuits!! :eek:

Interesting thread!

7am coffee
8am porridge or weetabix or big cooked breakfast
1030 fruit if I've had cereal, nothing if I've had cooked breakfast
1230 lunch - anything from ryvita to salad to left overs
1630 sometimes a banana if I'm having dinner late
1800-1900 Dinner depending on what we are having and if I'm out
2100 supper - usually my 2nd B choice - ryvita with cottage cheese and 10 syns worth of biccies or chocolate :)

I eat more at night but I don't count it as binging, I like my evening snacks and I save my B choice and syns for this.

You gotta love SW :)

Up at 6.15 and used to have breakfast then.... but now I've got into the routine of waiting till hubby and I have driven to work, so I have...
breakfast at 7.30 (usually something pretty substantial)
snack about 9 and 11 ! (fruit)
dinner 12
snack in the afternoon 1430 or 1500
sometimes have a snack while waiting for hubby to finish work 16.30
either have tea when I get home before 18.00 and then go to an exercise class or I'll have tea when I get back from the class (if its an early one).

I eat alot and I snack alot, sometimes I'll just have a cuppa tea instead of a snack or a couple of mini baby bel lights instead of fruit.

I'm a definite snacker :)

Sarah83 how much is a cadburys animal ? I used to quite like them, we'd have them at Christmas !!!

Only 1 syn each so brilliant if you can restrict the amount you eat!!
... not eating 10 like me!

You're kidding - seriously are they 1 syn each ??? Thats really good.

^ Are these the same ones ?

Mmmmm - I could also eat 10...... no problem !

Back