When does it get bearable?! End of day 3

It'll get easier anytime now, you're so close to ketosis, once you break that wall it gets a lot easier! Just retire to bed and keep imagining the person you want to be! Is this your first time doing it?

Thanks for replying. I did it once before a long time ago. Completely different circumstances and reasons now. I only managed 6 days last time, I felt very weak and lightheaded and was working as a driver and felt unsafe to be honest. Didnt feel like it got any easier unless it was just psychological. A lot more focused this time so fingers crossed. I think if im not physically hungry I can manage the psychological hunger this time x

With a VLCD after the first week it gets a lot easier. Try to stick it out the full 7 days, the hunger and the lightheadedness will go :)

Exactly, im a week in now and I physically don't feel hungry at all, but it's just moments of psychological hunger and in those instances I use psychology techniques to counter balance it, so one thing I saw online was that you have to renew your motivation daily, as it goes up and down all the time, so I started watching transformation videos on YouTube for the first week which really helped. Going to bed and hiding under my blanket like a kid scared at night is also a good technique as I eventually get tired and can't be bothered to do anything bad even if I wanted to, we've all hidden away from the world in our beds so why not do it from food? Especially on this diet lol also using positive imagery, imagining myself 6 weeks from now, how happier and healthier I'll be. Another final thing I read was about keeping your goals short term, so think about just getting through the first night, or the first week, as long as you do that you'll see time fly by! Keep messaging and letting us know how you're getting on, I find having this support on here is really helping me this time! Water water water! Fill that emptiness with water!

Thanks guys. Its just really hard as im a chef so im around food all day, handling it, looking at it and smelling it is hard! Also once im home I have a husband and 2 little girls under 3 to feed. Have to play with them and then bath time and bed time and housework to do when all I want to do is go and chill in bed but I cant! My husband has been helping I did just go to bed couple nights ago and he did it all which was lovely but he went out yesterday at lunchtime (his friends bday was planned ages ago) so I had to have the kids on my own and my eldest has woken me up with a constant cough from 4am!!! Obviously husband wont b any help til later on cos he came in late so will be sleeping. Im not going to give up im just fed up and tired. Gotta wash all our uniforms and get kids clothes and bags sorted for the week and go shopping fir pack lunches and I just haven't got the energy. Also its my first sunday when we would usually all have a nice big breakfast together. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself! I will look at the videos x

Awww I can hear it's really hard for you, but once your in ketosis you are teeming with energy, I wake up early and usually go back to sleep, since being in ketosis I no longer feel tired it's actually annoying because I miss my naps lol this diet is short term, but the gains can be long term, you have to remind yourself that you will be eating with the family again in a couple of weeks but looking in the best shape whilst eating which will make you feel even better and the food will taste even nicer! Definately watch the videos and know that out there are other people in exactly the same boat as you, empty stomachs with only Lipotrim sachets and water but we all know the end result is worth it, and being a chef, gosh I can't say anything other than just smell the hell out of that food lol or just imagine eating it, that's the same as eating it according to some psychology studies!

Aw thankyou so much for ur response. Im feeling a lot better now my husband stayed home with poorly girl and I took my youngest to meet friends at the beach which has been a lovely distraction and really sunny and I had a black coffee with everyone so didnt feel left out. I know it will get better just need this ketosis to kick in!!!! X

You're body will be in ketosis by today or tomorrow, infact it may even be in it now! How long are you planning on doing it for? Yeah distraction is the key, well done with the black coffee, very clever move and it still gives you something to taste! Stay strong and message anytime!!

Thankyou so much everyone is so supportive. Im pretty sure im not yet still feel physically hungry and no funny taste yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow x

Hey Louise. How you getting on? Any funny tastes in the mouth? Do you have ketostix? I saw your post about distraction, excellent idea and you gotta do what works! You're doing great keep up this excellent work!

Hi mabzy, yesterday thought I must have been in ketosis cos didnt really feel hungry and work was nowhere near as torturous, still not much of a taste but thought maybe all in my urine cos I drink loads of water. But today I feel hungry again and am struggling :( I did eat the smallest chunk of chicken last night iff my daughters plate while I was feeding her just out of habit I think but surely its just protein and a really small bit couldn't stop ketosis could it? Thats all iv had and day 6 today x

Do you have any ketosis sticks? Sometimes you can be in ketosis without even having any changes, but then again sometimes even the ketosis sticks may give a false reading, especially if you're drinking a lot of water, everyone is different and so I've heard the maximum is usually 7 days, and no just one piece of chicken won't make a difference but just be very careful as it's more of a mental thing when you eat, but well done for staying strong!

Was for my 10month old daughter so a tiny piece, just a lapse in concentration I think but yeah will defo keep on top of it. Glad it wont have had an effect. Havent got sticks but like u said drinking a lot could give a false reading anyway. Got weigh in at pharmacy tomoro and they test urine so will let u know, and weight loss of course! Just having a bad day I guess! X

Awww it's OK we've all been there! Yeah hopefully seeing the pharmacist will give you a boost. My pharmacist is really good she's really motivating and she gets angry if you break the diet so one reason I don't is because I hate to see the look on her face if I haven't lost weight in a week lol well done you've got through your first week it's definitely the hardest! What's the longest you've done on Lipotrim before?

Yeah im hoping will motivate me again seeing pharmacist, she seemed very nice when I started. Realised I felt daunted thinking of how long I have to do this, (trying to do til 1st dec so I can refeed for a few weeks and have a small xmas dinner!) So I need to take it one day at a time, I can do one day! Didnt make it to first weigh in last time! X

Aww well done! The weigh ins and reviews are so important, I feel it's a great asset to the diet, I've tried doing Lipotrim without support and I always failed, but I always did well when I was held accountable, and Omg the first week of December is so close, time will fly by I promise! You're going into day 7 and you'll definitely feel different, I remember when I got to week 4 in the past, I was scared of food, honestly you'll know what I mean when you get there, you actually feel scared to eat because you feel so good losing weight and your used to the shakes habit lol honestly it's the weirdest thing in the world! Anyway all the best for tomorrow, message me and let me know how you get on x you've already broke your record and trust me that Xmas dinner will be well worth it before you go into the new year!!

Well I lost 8 and half pounds! she gave me some ketostix and I am in ketosis, but I still feel hungry I got some of the flapjacks and had one for lunch, didnt enjoy it at all, and I am the least fussy person but it was so dry and chewy and had a weird taste, a bit salty. Will try and swap back for shakes it was that bad! X

Well done! Omg that's amazing, and it's usually a psychological hunger more than an actual physical need for food when I'm in ketosis, is it your actual body that's hungry or more your mind? Either way, it will get easier, make your focus 3 weeks now, I always find after 3rd week then you literally are flying and can't imagine yourself eating because you really start seeing the gains! Well done for ketosis sticks and that's interesting you wouldn't have known otherwise!

Haha I had flapjacks once, couldn't hack getting through one they are proper mank I had to give em back, I just have all chocolate shakes now they just tend to do the trick, it's more like a medicine that's how I see it, to burn fat!

I'm so proud of you, well done! I'll be honest I always find tyre first 3 weeks are the hardest part, once you get through that you're at the top of the hill and it's all down hill from there! I'm gonna be on this journey with you, as you read this remember my stomach is exactly the same, it's empty without food and we're in this boat together, we can do it

Aww thankyou so much that's very kind of you. Will try and swap my flapjacks for shakes they are vile arent they! I am definitely physically hungry, belly feels very empty, hurting and grumbling at me :( will keep going!

How long have u been on it and how much lost and still to go? X

Back