when is weight loss noticeable?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by amyelliex, 26 October 2011 Social URL.

1. amyelliex

amyelliex Member

the most i've ever lost is about 12lb and i never noticed it, although I am 5ft 9 and need lose around 70/80lb.

When did you all start to notice?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I suppose it depends on how much you need to lose and where you lose it from initially. I'm very big and when I've lost weight in the past, nobody has noticed until I've lost around 1.5 - 2st. The initial half a stone is mostly glycogen anyway so comes from the liver ... so it stands to reason people aren't going to notice that too much.

Rest assured they will soon :)

4. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have just started to notice a difference this week & thats 23lbs i've still got a long way to go but i kept having to hitch up my jeans when i wore them at the weekend

5. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    People have been noticing my weight loss this week, people that see me each day at work, at almost a stone off. When i initially did weight watchers it took people longer to notice but possibly that is because the weight came off so slowly that people got used to the way i looked as i gradually lost weight x

6. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    most likely the only things you will notice are your clothes being too big for you or other people seeing it. all of us are looking too often and too closely for weight loss and you're not going to notice a change day to day.

a good idea is to take photos front and side on and then take the same pics every week or month so you can compare.

7. Kele

Kele Full Member

Hello, i have lost 2 and a half stone now and i hardly get any compliments off my friends which is quite annoying as that can really motivate you sometimes. I was a size 18-20 when i started and now am a size 16. Because i am loosing the weight evenly all over, i can notice in my cothes and my close family says there is a big difference but i even struggle to see it sometimes when i look in the mirror, but i really notice how different when i look back at pictures.
    I think everyone's body is different though as for some people half a stone would be a massive difference, All depends on size i think.
    Kele xx

8. SammyE

SammyE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.38%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I notice my clothes getting loser after a stone, people start to notice after about 2 stone

9. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    My mother who never mentions my weight actually mentioned my weight loss today (she doesn't know I am on Exante). She asked if what I was doing..I just said swimming..If that sort of weight loss can be achieved by swimming I would need to have crossed the channel several times over!!! ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.