When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

Yes fingers crossed :)

Had a bit of a blip last night when OH bought me some doritoes and i greedily ate the lot :( Not one of the big bags thankfully but i'm sure if i'd had a big bag i would have!! But in the end i only went over by 100ish cals so no need to panic :D

Have been being very strict with cals for two weeks now (under1200 most days) and though i've had great results i know it's not sustainable OR healthy so have nopw adjusted MFP to lose 1lb a week instead of 2lb and am hoping it doesn't cause a a gain. Stuck to 1200 over the weekend (apart from last night ) and am on 1470 as of today, which seems like loads and is a little scary!!! Have only ever managed to lose before when i stick to 1200 but i always stall after 6/8 weeks so obviously not a great plan! Not gonna eat all cals just for sake of it but have them as a little buffer if i need them. Have planned 4 small meals and 2 snacks today and still have 220cal for later so can't be bad :D

Off to alton towers tomorrow so will prob be a bad food day but i'm prepared for that and the extra walking will counteract it hopefully
xx

Good luck with upping the cals. 100 cals over yesterday isn't gonna do any harm. Well done for staying on track all this time!

Had an awful day foodwise but with burning over 1000cal :0 walking around alton towers i had a net of 1365 so still under allowance :D happy days!!! Feeling dehydrated due to extra sodium but a day guzzling the water tomorrow i'll be grand!

Not sure i'm gonna get much of a loss if anything this week because even though i've been under cals every day i've not been eating the right stuff at all so might get a bit of a bloat on :(

Not to worry tho will get there soon enough xx

Been under calories again today but still feel like i've eaten too much :( Will be very surprised if i see a loss in the morning but i WILL NOT let it throw me off track!!

It's a week on friday til i go to paris so i'm not gonna lose a great deal more by then but still hoping i can get to goal of 10st 10lb by then if i really focus from now on. Am gonna stay off the booze til ten too cos it really makes a massive difference to my appetite will power and of course my losses. To be honest i don't even miss drinking it's just a silly habit i'd like to get out of. Have gone from whenever i get the chance to only weekends to once a week to once every two weeks and want to get to the point where it's only on special occasions one day :) I used to need the confidence boost drinking gave me but i'll get gthat from getting to goal instead. Much healthier :p

Great food and excercise day today! WEll i say exercise......just scrubbing the kitchen for 2 hours but worked up a right sweat!!!

Got a week until paris and would like to lose the last 3lb of septembers challenge before then. I still have two weeks of september but can't see me being saintly enough while i'm away to lose anything. Have done it before so all it takes is a bit of focus and to remember it's all worth it in the end!!!

Last edited:
Fell off the wagon into a bottle of wine and haven't managed to get back up yet :( Hasn't been as horrific as it could seems i've learnt something over the last few months.

Have been scared to weigh lately cos stomach playing up and makes me bloat and retain water so will try and leave it til i go away on fri and hope for the best!

People hav started commenting tho and i was wearing my size 12 river island jeans earlier so maybe all is not lost. Back to it first thing :D

After a weekend with only one foot on th wagon and convinced i'd gain i jumped on scales this morning to assess the damage and plan accordingly............and guess what?? It hasn't changed an ounce :D so glad i've definately learned my lesson (again!) and am severely grateful to the scale gods

Nice one! Love when that happens lol

had a good couple of days after a naughty-ish weekend. Did lots of walking (and shopping :D) today, all stocked up with new clothes for paris -mostly size 12 and even a pair of size 10 leggings!!!!! Then met my best friend to go and get her tattoo and she suggeted a mcdonalds :O and almost refused but realised i was hungry and hadn't eaten since 10am and wouldn't get home til dinner time so off we went!! thoroughly enjoyed it and still have 500ish cals left to play with so yay! Am feeling bit bloated cos of the sodium but no need to panic.

Will prob have soup or something light in a bit but still full at the mo!! just gotta get round to packing at some point and it's all go :)

last day until 'final weigh in before paris' and i'm feeling optimistic!!! Also the fact that the weather forecast in paris is fantastic makes me smile :D

Got my mum joined up to MFP on monday and she's lost 2lb in 2 days. Just glad she's finally listening to me bout what works! she's a slimming club devotee and has just done 8 weeks at slimming world wher she only lost 2lb in her first week then 0.5lb/1lb/sts from then so hopefully she will stick at this and finally get to goal.

last day at work today :D as of 7pm i'm officially on holiday and can relax.................a bit! i'm determined not to go overboard,not to the point i can't enjoy myself or am missing out but whatever the possible gain is when i get back should only be water not acual fat. I don't need to pig out just for the sake of it and am confident i can do it for the first time in my life x

You have got the skills to do this hun. You just have to be mindful of what you eat and you will be fine. You are doing so well, there is no reason why that can't continue in Paris. :)

I hope squeezy! i feel so much better eating this way, that should be enough to keep me on the straight and narrow just remembering how i hate that bloaty sluggish feeling :(

How are you feeling today? itching any better??

actually had a weird conversation earlier.....

Cantankerous old man: You've lost weight!!!
Me: Yes i have thanks for noticing :)
c.o.m: by accident or design?
Me: Design
c.o.m:why?
Me: because it never hurts to be a bit healthier!
c.o.m: not that anorexia then?

!!!!!!!!! WTF!! firstly that's rather hilarious as i very CLEARLY enjoy my food, secondly how very rude and insensitive! If i did suffer from something like that is it really a good idea to point it out in such a callous manner? (was a teeny bit flattered tho sssshhhh!);)

Weigh in tomorrow-fingers crossed for a loss x

Itching still driving me mad!!!! Cheers for asking though hun. :)

:8855:about the old man. Some people can be so insensitive. Imagine if you had said "by accident", it could have been down to anything! :eek:

Nice one that he noticed though. Go you!! :)

Lost another 3lb and am at my first mini goal just in time for paris!!!!!

I don't even care if i put on water weight now that i've seen that 'magic number' :D :D :D

Lost an inch and a half off my hips too- happy days!

off to get my hair cut today and then packing (and re-packing!) all afternoon and off for a farewell indian meal with my parents tonight! good times and i know i will not over indulge and ruin all my hard work these last few weeks..............cos thats just how i roll now ;)

Hope everyone is well and i'll be back to the grindstone tuesday xx

Well done you!!! You should be very proud of yourself! :)

Enjoy your meal out this evening, and enjoy your wonderful trip to Paris with Hubster. I know you will be fine when you get back, like you said, thats the way you roll now!! :)

Well done! That's fab!

i'm baaaaack!!!

a fabulous time was had by all and although i was by no means an angel when it came to food (cos where is the fun in that!) It wasn't too horrific! Only had 2 meals each day and did LOADS of walking but was consuming a lot of carbs and sodium (hence my very bloaty food-baby belly ;)) and didn't drink anywhere near enough water which made me feel rubbish and my skinn brike out almost instantly (sexy!!!) But it's soooo hard when you're busy out and about and don't want to be searching for a loo every five mins. had lovely hot weather too which didn't aid the water retantion any. didn't go mad on the booze either so all in all i will put it down as a success!

Obviously won't weigh for a few days to let things settle but am expecting a bit of a gain, it's only logical really but easily rectified. In fact as it is a new month at the weekend and EXACTLY 13 weeks sunday til christmas i may aim to re start seriously on sunday and spend the rest of my week just easing myself back in. :p don't want to scare myself hahahaha!

might be having a big night out on friday if i can find my energy from wherever it's hiding, but not really sure at the moment am becoming quite the hermit ;)

Here's to a slinky fabulous christmas as there is officially nowt to stop me this time :D

Back