When the scales say Err!

Yay! :) Well done you, treating yourself with jewellery instead of food :D xx

Wow you strong girl!! I might have walked passed you today as I have been to Donny shopping - about myself a size 18 top yay!!

Wow you strong girl!! I might have walked passed you today as I have been to Donny shopping - about myself a size 18 top yay!!

Size 18...i can only dream :sigh:
We walked the length and breadth of Donny yesterday to give my son as long as possible in the train station, so we almost certainly will have passed at some time!

I stayed in bed for ages this morning because I was serioulsy craving toast! :( Bread is my biggest weakness and I'm debating giving it up completely even when I come off LT. Since I've been on LT, I've noticed the amount of bread I have to buy each week has halved (so has the amount of toilet roll but thats another story!). I knew I was bad, but I didn't think I was that bad.

Anyway, cravings seem to have passed, although hubby is currently making bacon butties and driving me mad with the smell. Off to rejoin the gym to take my ming off it.

Just keeping swimming

Dusty

Bread is the work of the devil I love bread especially spread with butter and dipped in soup or gravy or with bacon as you can tell im kind of craving bread :D was outside and neighbour is cooking a fry up and I seriously could have walked in and helped myself :sigh: think its time for a shake

how you doing today dusty im not at the gym stage yet but will do it eventually

Hi Tweeza.

I'm doing ok generally today but feeling a bit blurgh right now. I often find late afternoon/early evening is my worst time (even when I'm not on LT). Its not to bad on a week day, cos I'm at work and that keeps my mind active till about 6 but I find if I sit down at home between 6 and 7 I'll just fall asleep. But once I'm past 7 I seem to get renewed energy.

I could use feeling tired and a bit shaky as an excuse to go and eat something. But, as I feel it even when I am eating, I'm not. So, off to do some ironing to shake myself out of it!

Don't be too impressed with gym memebrship, I only do the treadmill and cross trainer. I was doing really well through summer, but then some numpty crashed into the back of my car and I really hurt my arm, shoulder and neck so I found even walking on treadmill painful. So I've not been since Sep 23rd, and in in the meantime put 20lb on; not looking forward to restarting TBH. However, I do feel better once I've been so will have to force myself out of chair and onto treadmill.

Hows your day going?

You'll be a size 18 before you know it - especially if you can resist bacon butties. I'm veggie but the smell of bacon mmmmm!!

You'll be a size 18 before you know it - especially if you can resist bacon butties. I'm veggie but the smell of bacon mmmmm!!

Thanks.

Just been upstairs trying clothes on (anything to distract from the ironing). I reckon when I've lost another half stone/ten pound I'll be able to wear 5 tops I've got hanging up in my wardrobe that I've not had on for nearly a year!

I've got four (I don't wear dresses that often!) nice work dresses that in order to fit into I need to lose weight to get into. The evans black and white maxi dress needs another half stone, the evans brown long flowery dress needs about a stone. The orange anna scholz dress (reduced from £240 (are you mad) to £80) needs a stone and half and the grey windsmoor dress needs two stone. So some good things to mark my weight loss as I go along!

at least your doing exercise and you will build up fitness Im thinking of joining gym only thinking mind you I think we are all the same at night im tormenting myself with come dine with me and drooling away till I can go to bed I have early nights so I wont eat as it is around this time I could eat (not that I will)

Yeah! Someone in the staffroom asked me if I'd lost weight this morning :D

Was very pleased, but down played it and said - just a little. I've decided not to tell people exactly how much I'm losing to avoid any unnecessary comments and so people can't work out just how over weight I've been! Another 3 people said they liked my top, was it new. Actually I had it on last week and the week before that, it's just that this week it looks better, so I think that's why I've had comments today.

Feeling very smug right now :p

Thanks.

Just been upstairs trying clothes on (anything to distract from the ironing). I reckon when I've lost another half stone/ten pound I'll be able to wear 5 tops I've got hanging up in my wardrobe that I've not had on for nearly a year!

I've got four (I don't wear dresses that often!) nice work dresses that in order to fit into I need to lose weight to get into. The evans black and white maxi dress needs another half stone, the evans brown long flowery dress needs about a stone. The orange anna scholz dress (reduced from £240 (are you mad) to £80) needs a stone and half and the grey windsmoor dress needs two stone. So some good things to mark my weight loss as I go along!

I did something similar last time and had different size clothes at the ready and even now,I have a pair of work trousers I bought on Tuesday that were too small,so I've hung them on my curtain rail.It's a great feeling when you start fitting into those clothes you're aiming for.You're doing soooo well hun xxx

Thanks Twinkle.

It is a real boost when you start feelign better in your clothes. Because this means its real weight your losing and not just water!

Because I'm so tall I do have to lose quite a bit of weight to see any difference, so again it's dead encouraging when others notice.

I'm also very pear shaped, and will drop up to 2 sizes on my top half whist my bottom half stays the same. I'm currently wearing 26 bottoms, but I've also got lots of other 26 trousers that will only fit me at 21st, 19st and 18st respectivly! Very strange! But still, it doesn't matter what the label says, it matters how you look in them.

Weigh in day today! Trying to convince myself that I'll be happy with anything as I've had two big loses up to now. But deep down I know I'll feel disappointed with just two off. In the past, a dissappointment on the scale would have led to me throwing in the towel. But not today.

We're our own biggest enemies when it comes to food aren't we? Did anybody see this weeks Obese: A year to save my life on sky 1? It was a girl from Liverpool who weighed 27 stone. She used food to cover up the emotional trauma she's suffered as a child. But as she went on in the year and had lost 6 stome, she still kept binging. On one occasion she put 11lb back on in four days:eek:. She said that now food was like self harmng. She felt terrible when she did it but she couldn't stop herself.
She ended up losing over 10stone in the year and seemed to have over come her issues. But it did make me think about my relationship with food and why it seems to be incontrol of me and not me in control of it. That's why I'm doing LT. So I can use the time I'm not eating to address my issue and get back the control in this relationship!

Weigh in day today! Trying to convince myself that I'll be happy with anything as I've had two big loses up to now. But deep down I know I'll feel disappointed with just two off. In the past, a dissappointment on the scale would have led to me throwing in the towel. But not today.

We're our own biggest enemies when it comes to food aren't we? Did anybody see this weeks Obese: A year to save my life on sky 1? It was a girl from Liverpool who weighed 27 stone. She used food to cover up the emotional trauma she's suffered as a child. But as she went on in the year and had lost 6 stome, she still kept binging. On one occasion she put 11lb back on in four days:eek:. She said that now food was like self harmng. She felt terrible when she did it but she couldn't stop herself.
She ended up losing over 10stone in the year and seemed to have over come her issues. But it did make me think about my relationship with food and why it seems to be incontrol of me and not me in control of it. That's why I'm doing LT. So I can use the time I'm not eating to address my issue and get back the control in this relationship!
Hey hun, wish I had sky as I wouldhave liked to watch that... sounds like me! I had childhood trauma which wasn`t addressed back then ( my dad died when I was 8 then I lost my mum to pancreatic cancer when I was 10 ) and hence my battle with food problems same as that girl from Liverpool. I`m sure its very common, to find comfort in food becuase of trauma.... life sucks sometimes but we have to make the best of it in the here and now eh xxxxx

Gosh, Lou. You've suffered some really terrible things and yet now you're overcoming your probelm with food one day at a time! You're an inspiration. Well done.

If you google obese a year to save my lfe, you can watch some of the clips on the sky website and read the profies of the people who took part

Dusty,I've got my fingers crossed for you today hunny,best of luck to you.I'm not weighing in til Friday this week xxx

Good Luck Dusty x

Hey dusty .. Happy weigh in day!! Good luck .. Don't be disappointed no matter what!! have you seen the pic of a Ib of fat it terrible imagine how many of those you have gone!

And your right LT gives us all a grey opportunity to address exactly how we got here ..laziness and comfort is defo my prob .. Lots of changes to be implemented!

X

Well, I've lost 2lb this week! Actually it was 1.1kg which in my reckoning is nearly 2.5lb, but I'm happy to have 2 written on my card.
I would have liked more, but it is what it is! The only thing I could have done different is drink more water, as I've not been drinking that much this week. So i'll up my intake and hope for more next week, cos if I can get 4lb off next week, that would be 2 stone in four weeks!

Just keeping swimming!

Happy days 2lbs gone well done! .. I lost 1kg but my print out says 3lbs .. I think they are rounding the pounds week on week lol! Good luck for another week! X

Back