When the scales say Err!

Keep swimming.... and keep ya chin up... look how far you`ve come MRS!!!! wow! and may I say what a good looking woman you are too.... lovin the piccies and your boys are a credit to you too. Well done Dusty!! XXX

Many thanks Lou!!

My boys are my pride and joy. They are both strapping 6ft 4" now (age 14 and 17) but they still give their mum a hug and kiss and tell me they love me every day. So I guess I did something right!

Mind you, youngest had big phase of wanting to come to my school, but he's quite "spirited" (naughty) and I wouldn't let him because he would have destroyed my credibilty within 30 seconds of being in the door!!

Glad to hear things are looking up today, hang in there, you look really fab in photo 2!!

wow underneath that schoolmistress is a sex kitten waiting to show herself, :p forget last few days they dont matter its how you deal with the slips and you HAVE picked yourself up and got back to it! A wee tip for you add up calories you would have scoffed in a week before LT and then count your calories even with slip ups now following LT the difference will be huge so dont worry about slips their nothing in the grand scheme of things
Im using our possible meet up to keep me on straight and narrow I want to show how well your support of me has been, your using the sexy mama picture and it will help you

have faith Jane in yourself like I have in you

Well, first weigh in after my break and my bad days.

I've been pretty up and down, both weight wise and emotion wise over the past three weeks.
But the good news is that according to the chemist's scale I'm three pound down form my last weigh in.

Hopefully the weight/emotions will be more stable now I'm back "in the zone" (so to speak).

Well done so pleased for you Dusty onwards and downwards huni !:D

Hi Dusty :) Glad to read you're feeling a bit more positive and 'in the zone' after your mid week blip. 3lb down as well, so that's good :) I am sure you can do this! Keep swimming! :D xx

Dusty you doin so well! Give yourself a pat on the back. This is it! This time you really are going to do it! You have had such a rough time love, i am so sorry. We lost my sister 3 yrs ago in Oct from sudden strokes and her little boy now lives with my daughter. Sis was very slim but once i got over the emotional baggage i decided to give myself the best chance of survival. I gave up smoking about 2 yrs ago and now i have given up eating crap. I owe it to her to live the best life i can....and i will. So you go girl! Ride the storm on the hard days and run round like crazy on the great days! Lotsa luv xxx

You are very quiet Dusty (says me, who hardly ever posts lol ;) ). How are you getting on? Hope all good and still on track xx

Hi Jayne,

I'm still here!

Been poorly last week, don't think I've anything left in my colon now!
When i went for weigh in I'd lost 9lb!!!!! But I'm not writing that down as my weight loss as I'm sure I'll put some of that back on.

Then been away for weekend. Had to drive 400 miles to attend as surprise pary, then drive back the next day.
I was a lot naughtier than I'd planned to be. However, I'm striaght back on LT and doing ok.
Nice thing was I'd not seen the family memebrs since last summer, so they couldn't get over how much weight i'd lost. My neices boyfriend actaully jumped back in shock when he saw me!!

Pushing on for conference at end of June when I'll see a lot of my colleagues for the firt time since starting this diet and I'm hoping for a big reaction!

Ah, you poor thing being so ill :( Be nice if the weight stayed off though :D As you say though, unlikely after a bug like that as so much water is lost. Still sounds like you're doing fab though and so I'm sure a good chunk of that 9lb will still be gone and then whatever you lose this week :)

Aren't those sort of reactions just fantastic :) They give you a great confidence boost! Roll on June :D

Well done Dusty. Just keep swimming ;) xx

Pushing on for conference at end of June when I'll see a lot of my colleagues for the firt time since starting this diet and I'm hoping for a big reaction!

There's nothing like a good reaction to really get a buzz. Glad to see you're back to it Dusty.

Oh, and stop with illness sympathy votes - leave that to us men! :p

Good to get your update, Dusty - and I'm glad you are on the mend. And Jayne - you're chasing me on down ...great results too. Well done to you both and the other posters here.

It is soooo satisfying meeting people who notice the change. But slightly wierd when people don't recognise you - like a neighbour recently blanking me as he didn't recognise me. I also enjoyed meeting another neighbour. He only weekends here and somehow, I hadn't met him before. My DH enjoyed the fact that he was a bit flirty with me. DH said 'he obviously likes blondes!' it's been a while since men who are not chubby chasers have appreciated me - that seems to be coming back despite my middle age....Taxi drivers are helping me with my suitcase - sometrhing I had to do for myself when fatter. I never thought people treated me differently 5 and half stone ago - but now I'm seeing they did.

The changes you'll get in the next two months, Dusty, will be wonderful as you move into the 18s and into 17 something. I'm finding that the clothing sizes are more motivational than the pure scales results. I've gone from 26/28 to 18s into 16. Some 18 tops are a little busty - depending on the style. I strongly recommend getting measured for a decent bra when yours are baggy - and buying a few extra in that size in lovely colours from ASDA makes getting dressed fun. A good bra make clothes look much better - even the baggy clothes! I've been shipping out more stuff to Sue Ryder - a friend told me a few clothes needed to go. I hadn't really noticed. I also have some better pieces to sell on Ebay to fund my new wardrobe when I'm at goal. Right now, I'm in the last stage of shopping my existing wardrobe - so hereafter I will be in a limited collection of ASDA/M&Co/Ebay or charity shop pieces until I get to goal.

My ASDA size 16 trews now do up - but are not decent yet...too tight. I have a pair of oatmeal linen trews ( and a white linen shirt which was reduced) and a pair of bootcut jeans. It's reminded me that the 18 jeans were way too tight when I first put them on - and now they are a little loose at the waist. They didn't do up last week - so that's progress. The size 20s pull down without undoing the button/zip. I only have one pair of size 18s, so I'm hoping the 16s will be good in 2 weeks time for the wedding weekend and a smart work evening event.

I've found the losses are more evident to others as I shed weight - I think it's that the visible volume shrinks. I also think people are more confident about commenting on weight loss when they know you are significantly smaller. They are worried about offending.

It also took me nearly 5 stone to start to feel and move differently. I enjoy walking - pulling my tummy in (tensing those muscles pulling in and up when I remember) and walking strongly. I realise I had definitely started waddling last year - and am so thankful I found Alizonne and the support on here of the LT and S&S folk.

I'm now size 18 into 16 - really wierd to be able to shop throughout the floor in Matalan, where I went to take a look on Sunday. I bought a belt with a lovely turquoise buckle - still a bit too small to wear with jeans but good with a skirt. I bought the large, as I would be out of the extra large too soon. I used to wonder how thin people shopped as there seemed to be so much choice. My Matalan & recent M&Co trips showed me that I am not interested in stuff that's not a style or colour (or isn't well enough made) that appeals. So I suspect it won't be a prob when I am buying clothes at goal. I wonder what my new style will be.....definitely more fitted, I think.

Have a great week Dusty and co-Lipotrimmers.

Last edited:
Well done Dusty..and the rest of you! I had a rough week last week but am looking forward to the weigh in this week. Good luck all xxx

There's nothing like a good reaction to really get a buzz. Glad to see you're back to it Dusty.

Oh, and stop with illness sympathy votes - leave that to us men! :p

Now, now Mr C. If I was doing a man impression I'd be upstairs in bed having my other half careeing up and down the stairs all day attedning to my every whim!

Either that or lying on the sofa with both remote controls firmly locked in my hand making everyone else suffer programmes such as "How is it made", "Air crash investigation" or the ultimate punishment "MAn versus food"

Ha ha. I TOTALLY love Man vs Food. :D

I am tempted to not eat for a month to get some 'non-gluttony' in the bank and then try this challenge which is only three miles up the road from me : Offer1 | Branded Bull Steak House.

I wouldn't do it, not even come close, but I'd like to have a crack just the same.

Ha ha. I TOTALLY love Man vs Food. :D

I am tempted to not eat for a month to get some 'non-gluttony' in the bank and then try this challenge which is only three miles up the road from me : Offer1 | Branded Bull Steak House.

I wouldn't do it, not even come close, but I'd like to have a crack just the same.

Well, I think I've just found where I'll be taking hubby for a weekend break to celebrate our next wedding anniversary (22 years).

He once ate a 32oz steak, but complained because the bucket of prawns he'd had as a starter meant he couldn't finish the frys that came with the steak!!

He complains when I only pack him 4 oven bottom muffins for his lunch and regulalry eats two double sausage and egg mcmuffin meals for his breakfast!

All this from a 6ft 2" male who weighs 14.5 stone and has normal cholestrol (there are times when I hate him!)

Well, I've changed my stats cos I think my weight has finally settled down. Three weeks ago I was sick, so when i went to the chemist it looked like I'd lost 9lb. I knew that couldn't be right and must be dehydration.
Sure enough, when I went back the week after the scales said I'd gained 3lb!
today I've lost the 3lb.
So over 3 weeks I've lost 9lb, which I'm happy with.

Back