When will this get easier?

Nostoppingusnow

Hello,

I'm new to VLCDs and thought it would be good for my husband and myself as we struggle with all the planning and meal prep when we've done other diets in the past.

I have 4 stone to lose, as does my husband.

We're on the end of day 5 and are really struggling. We feel weak, are struggling to concentrate on anything and are feeling very hungry.

I dipped my urine today and no ketones. I've drunk 4litres of water each day plus peppermint tea and some Dr. Pepper Zero. I've not cheated at all - eaten only 3 Exante products per day.

Is it normal for us to be feeling this crappy at the end of day 5? If so, how long is it likely to last?

Thank you.

Hi welcome to Exante! Some people feel like that until the 8th day actually. As for the tiredness, it will probably come and go for the first 2 weeks then your body will get used to it. Just stick it out and you'll see in no time you'll feel better -
How was your weigh in?

How are you getting on now?

Thanks for the replies. I'm on day 12 now and the scales are down 11lbs so far.

I'm still feeling hungry and tired, but am determined to persevere. Concentration is improved though.

That's great to hear! Your next weigh in is soon too, you must be excited! The weight will drop, like you said just persevere

Excellent, you can do this, because you are doing it! 11lb is a great loss so far, stay strong!

Back