When you feel your getting it tough... how do you turn it around?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by thefutureisbright, 30 January 2010 Social URL.

1. thefutureisbright

thefutureisbright Banned

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what you do when you have a moment of weakness? How do you get back on track so that you don't give in and fall off the wagon?

Love to hear how you all manage to stay focused and keep on TFR!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I usually look at a photo of myself before I started LT, and then think "if I eat now, I will ruin everything and take myself back to THIS"

I think it's good to visualise what you'll look like once LT is done, and how people will respond to the 'new you', I like to see myself being physically fit, physically active, and hopefully having a love life! lol

I also weigh myself daily, as it is a really big motivation drive for me to see the pounds melting away daily, and I always think "I wonder what my weight will be at tomorrow", and that way it makes every day count :)

4. happymonday

happymonday Having a mid-life crisis

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.08%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim now Exante
    There's only been a couple of times so far where I've been tempted (which surprises me, I normally don't have any willpower!) Once was when I was poorly right at the start, on day 4 I got the norovirus and when I felt a bit better all I wanted was toast and tea!

What keeps me going is the fresh memory of how hard it was to get into ketosis, and the fact if I eat now, I've buggered it up and I could be right back at the start. Then I've usually convinced myself it just isn't worth it.

I still think at the end of each day 'another day done' and go to bed thinking of nice food I'll cook when I'm done. When I wake up, I get up and weigh myself, and sometimes go back to bed feeling virtuous and thinking how nice it'll be when I'm slim.

5. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Today I have a massive headache, miserable children (because one of them refuses to sleep at night time and wakes us all) and all I want to do is eat marmite on toast and have a cup of tea with milk and sugar. But I wont because this morning I tried on a dress I havent worn since before I had my second daughter and the feeling was immense when it fitted (albeit a little tight). That feeling will keep me going over the next couple of months and each time it i take out a new bit of clothing from storage and it fits I will realise why I am doing this mad mad diet.

Woot woot we are fab! We can do it and will do it! xx

6. LardyZebra

LardyZebra Getting lewdwith the food

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I look at all the clothes I couldn't get into before I started the diet....today I am happy!

7. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    shakes of various companies I have gathered up
    I am just always telling myself to focus on the day in hand...not to think about the weeks ahead. It's working for me at the moment. If I consider the weeks to complete, I will talk myself out of doing this!!

8. slimmer2moro

slimmer2moro Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.39%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    Absolutely agree with you Jax, one day at a time x

9. Scotsmist

Scotsmist Life is not a Rehersal!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Was on LT, now Rosemary Conley
    Trying on clothes is definitely what I do!

10. matt68

matt68 Don't Worry Be Happy

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    i look at what Ive achieved never at what i haven't achieved,and this forum as helped so much as i always come away knowing its worth it in the end:)

11. xx Cathy xx

xx Cathy xx Bye Bye Huge Bottom!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(22.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I'm still a newbie as far as time is concerned and I feel really down thinking it could take around 5-6months to shift the 6 stone I need to. But in my wardrobe I've got loads of "thin clothes" and some still with tags on from last time I did LT. When I gained loads of weight I refuse to spend alot of money on clothes I don't feel happy in so these jeans etc I'm in now are going to be thrown away with all my other "fat clothes" as soon as I'm getting into the smaller ones!

Another thing that I'm finding motivating is I'm going to a friends wedding in July and already have a size 12 dress from last time I can wear so I keep visualising me in the frock and wowing all the friends I haven't seen in ages.

12. Ilm

Ilm Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i've written myself a little letter for the expected hard times.. think of it like, p.s i love you lol, but only for weight loss. kinda like.. hi, so your on day 5 now, well done for getting this far, if your finding it tough think of the reasons you started this, on day one you were feeling inspired to change your life etc etc. a little crazy, but working!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.