When you have hit a weight loss plateau

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Hi all of you who have been slimming for a while. I accept that weight loss plateaus happen but i am wondering what people on here have done to really boost it again.
I have tried the gym X3 a week from doing nothing before, I have added water consumption, changed what i am eating to add variety. Reduced to one hexA s. Over the past four weeks I have increased syns to the max and tried reducing syns to the minimum. Nothing is shifting and last week as many of you will know, I actually put on two pounds. This week I know I will stay the same. Any tips whatsoever will be greatly received. I want to loose this final stone someday this century !!! lol

All red! That's what I do when I need a boost. I do a week of all red and I normally lose at least 2lb. I try to only do them once every 4-6 weeks as I find it a bit restrictive.

You could also try doing a week of Extra Easy but using the 2/3 superfree to 1/3 free food rule for a real boost. My C reckons this would really give you a good weight loss though I've not tried it yet myself!

Good luck and most importantly, stick with it! Keep doing what you're doing - varying things and trying new ideas. Stick with it and you'll definitely start losing again!

OK Rosie! When I hit the exercise ( EA sports active as opposed to the gym. But same difference!) I lost only 1.5lbs in 4 weeks, BUT I lost 2" off my waist and hips in 2 weeks! The moral of the story is to do your measurements! Your weightloss will slow down for perhaps as much as 4 weeks ( retaining water in your muscles,) but it will even out, and your measurements will plummet!

Hi Rosie,
I got stuck around the 10st 10lb mark for a few weeks!!! It's so frustrating isn't it. But do perservere (sp?) it will start moving again. you've had some great advice. Some of which i will trying myself.
I seem to be stuck on the 10st 2lb mark (and have been messing about for the last month kind of being on plan but not 100%) I've been lucky to have sts and not had a gain ((Phew!)) But i'm hoping to get things moving this week ((wish me luck))
I just wanted to say good luck and keep your chin up it will happen. The numbers will get smaller. Do you take measurements? I found that they can help if you don't see the weight loss on the scales it's a great boost to find that you've shifted a few inches instead. :D
And thanks for the good advice ladies. I'll try varying my diet abit more and i propabaly do need to try a few more red days, exercise and water!!! ((Hangs head in shame)) Why is it I know what to do but just can't seem to put it into action??
Good luck and WE can do this.
Kerry

Sometimes our bodies just want to stay at a certain weight for a little while Hun...the weight will come off again and I know how stressful it is when you have tried everything and still nothing happens.
How many weeks has this happened to you??

Perhaps you could ask your Consultant about the FF plan???

My advice - relax. Don't try to hard. Don't try increasing or reducing syns, don't reduce HEX's, just follow the plan.

This weight will come off, sadly it never happens as quickly as we would like it to happen but sticking with it is the key, sometimes we try too hard I think.

However, if I hit a plateau or want a good loss after a holiday for example, I do Success Express and it works a treat. Have you tried that?

Feeling Disheartned...

Last night was my 4th weigh in.. and for the last 2 wks, I have put on 1/2lb. I know its a very small amount.. but I have been sticking to the plan and going to the gym and really working it.. So at the moment feeling really low about it all.

I read Rosie's post along with all the replies and understand that we all do reach a plateau.. But should I be reaching it at such an early stage of my diet?.. :sigh:

I am going to keep trying.. I want to see how I get on next week.. If I have put on or have stayed the same, may leave the gym for a wk and see if that makes a difference, bcse in the first 2 weeks, I lost 2.5lbs each week without the gym.. UFFFF.. I guess its all about trial and error and hopefully I will figure out what works for me..

Good Luck Rosie, the advice given has been really helpful and Im taking them on board too.. My Consultant told me Im not eating enough I need more fuel for the gym, hence the reason Im putting on weight.. In my head I think that makes slight sense at the same time it doesn't...

We will see.. :)

Last night was my 4th weigh in.. and for the last 2 wks, I have put on 1/2lb. I know its a very small amount.. but I have been sticking to the plan and going to the gym and really working it.. So at the moment feeling really low about it all.

I read Rosie's post along with all the replies and understand that we all do reach a plateau.. But should I be reaching it at such an early stage of my diet?.. :sigh:

I am going to keep trying.. I want to see how I get on next week.. If I have put on or have stayed the same, may leave the gym for a wk and see if that makes a difference, bcse in the first 2 weeks, I lost 2.5lbs each week without the gym.. UFFFF.. I guess its all about trial and error and hopefully I will figure out what works for me..

Good Luck Rosie, the advice given has been really helpful and Im taking them on board too.. My Consultant told me Im not eating enough I need more fuel for the gym, hence the reason Im putting on weight.. In my head I think that makes slight sense at the same time it doesn't...

We will see.. :)
thank you for the support If this is new to you, post your food diaries on the food diary section and we can all have a nose and maybe giive you some pointers in the right direction. have a look at some of the diaries on there for ideas for some menus. good luck xx

Back