When you have to lose half of yourself...

being previously 317 pounds (now 296) i can definatly relate to how difficult walking long distances and up hills can be! three days a week to college i have this horrid hill up a steep incline that i have to get up, very slowly, but now i get up it without needing an asthma pump lol, i still have bad joints but im walking better even only loosing 21 lb so im sure it wont be too long before you see a benefit. yesterday i was up and down my stairs like a yoyo and it took me back a little as i live in a town house wherei used to just sit in the downstairs kitchen all day as i felt it such a struggle to get up and down the stairs to the living room all the time, but yesterday i was up down up down at least 20 times doing various things and it wasnt until the evening that i had done that without anything hurting and not being out of breath, that was a good feeling i can tell you, that means im getting healthier, alot more important that loosing wieght in a way. i dont have any major health issues and with a bmi of 44 i really should have!! so keep your spirits up and think about how much better you will feel in yourself in just two months, you will look different and feel healthier and be able to walk further with your lovely husband, good luck, i will be keeping a close eye on your progress x

Awww, what a lovely message, thank you so much :) I almost have the same BMI as you: 42. And I hope I will notice small changes soon. I am so looking forward to going hiking without having to stop every 30 seconds!

I live in a very hilly area as well and sometimes I will decide not to go somewhere just because I can't face the walk uphill: how bad is that???

Which diet are you following? 20lbs loss is amazing, no wonder you feel lighter and full of energy!

Awww, what a lovely message, thank you so much :) I almost have the same BMI as you: 42. And I hope I will notice small changes soon. I am so looking forward to going hiking without having to stop every 30 seconds!

I live in a very hilly area as well and sometimes I will decide not to go somewhere just because I can't face the walk uphill: how bad is that???

Which diet are you following? 20lbs loss is amazing, no wonder you feel lighter and full of energy!

im doing calorie counting, its working out well, just making sure i write down every thing i eat, note down carbs and fat content too seems to be going well. I went out earlier and noticed how my clothes are hanging off me , felt odd and nice at the same time and it makes me laugh when i go to put my hands on my hips (something i do alot lol) and they slide down as i dont have hips anymore!!loving it. need to shop for new belt tomorrow mine is too big now :):D wont it be lovely to go into normal shops to buy clothes?!! ive a while till that happens but will look forward to wearing nicer clothes and once that look good on me and cheaper!!

im doing calorie counting, its working out well, just making sure i write down every thing i eat, note down carbs and fat content too seems to be going well. I went out earlier and noticed how my clothes are hanging off me , felt odd and nice at the same time and it makes me laugh when i go to put my hands on my hips (something i do alot lol) and they slide down as i dont have hips anymore!!loving it. need to shop for new belt tomorrow mine is too big now :):D wont it be lovely to go into normal shops to buy clothes?!! ive a while till that happens but will look forward to wearing nicer clothes and once that look good on me and cheaper!!

Well done Fadingfast! I think on here they call this "non scale victories". I can't wait to experience one! :D

I am so looking forward to shopping in normal shops! I am trying to get a working wardrobe together and it is a nightmare so I think I will wait September for that! I just want to experience one other thing as well: when I need something, I want to be able to go in any shop and just get the d*mn piece of clothing I need instead of buying the size that fits! :)

Well done Fadingfast! I think on here they call this "non scale victories". I can't wait to experience one! :D

I am so looking forward to shopping in normal shops! I am trying to get a working wardrobe together and it is a nightmare so I think I will wait September for that! I just want to experience one other thing as well: when I need something, I want to be able to go in any shop and just get the d*mn piece of clothing I need instead of buying the size that fits! :)

yep i hear you on that!

Hello Book-worm,

I just wanted to say hello and show my support. I had a starting BMI of 47 so know the long journey that lies ahead.

I too am doing Cambridge SS. I did it 4 years ago and lost 5 stone. I used to lurk on this forum back then but never signed up - perhaps if I had i would have stuck to it.

Sadly i put it all back on - plus another stone :ashamed0005: but I only have myself to blame. Of course if I continued to eat the same way as I did before it would come back on.

So this year I am promising to stick to it as long as I can then after I will definitely join SW or WW to try and keep my eating in check.

Do you have a goal weight or are you just going to keep at it for as long as you can?

I look forward to seeing your weightloss posts and will certainly pop by to show you support

xxx

Hello Book-worm,

I just wanted to say hello and show my support. I had a starting BMI of 47 so know the long journey that lies ahead.

I too am doing Cambridge SS. I did it 4 years ago and lost 5 stone. I used to lurk on this forum back then but never signed up - perhaps if I had i would have stuck to it.

Sadly i put it all back on - plus another stone :ashamed0005: but I only have myself to blame. Of course if I continued to eat the same way as I did before it would come back on.

So this year I am promising to stick to it as long as I can then after I will definitely join SW or WW to try and keep my eating in check.

Do you have a goal weight or are you just going to keep at it for as long as you can?

I look forward to seeing your weightloss posts and will certainly pop by to show you support

xxx

Thank you for your lovely message :D Wow Minty, 5st that's amazing :eek: I plan on doing SS until I'm only "overweight" and then, I shall see :D

Do you have a diary somewhere? I would love to follow you on your journey!! :)

I have my first WI this evening and I think my periods are coming soon as I have my usual 2 pimples on my chin! Always the same :rolleyes: And I feel a bit bloated despite the water I drink. I hope I won't start craving food even more when they're there!!!

xxx

The "lightest" i remember being in my adult life was 13 stone and size 16 when i was 18! I guess that is my target for now - i can only pray to go below that when the time comes!! :D

Ooo, good luck with your weightloss. I'm sure you will be happy with the results.

Rascally TOTM, making us retain water - but just remember it will leave your body so if it affects your weightloss this week then your next WI will be great :)

I don't have a diary - i'd have no idea what to write in it lol. I'm happy to post on others to show my support.

Whenever i think about food and am at home, i fill a 1.5L bottle of water and take myself to bed with my laptop and just come on to this forum - it helps keep my mind and fingers busy :D

Let us know how your WI goes tonight - i'll keep my fingers crossed for you :cross:

xxx

Minty I do the same when I'm hungry!!! In fact, I'm in bed right now with my laptop, haha. I am so lucky I am able to do that.

I'm like you, I don't have a diary because I wouldn't know what to say in it! I guess I have this thread as a "mother ship" but that's it. :) I do love reading other people's diary though! Have you read AwakenMe's diary? It's just WOW.

At 18, I was a size 10 and thought I was fat. Bearing in mind that I'm 5'9", you can see I wasn't! :rolleyes: I'm not planning on going back to being that slender as I know a woman's body evolve, even before having children. My hips are wider now, and not just because of the fat, haha.

We will do it, just wait and see Minty :D We will be feeling so much better next summer! I know it.

xxx

well i weighed in today and ive lost 2lb in five days so im happy with that although expected more but hey my TOTM has lasted two weeks and shows no sign of stopping so blaming that lol. having a "hungry" day today but eating healthy still so no real panice just yet.im keeping all the tickets i get from the wieghing machine at Boots so i can see in print the proof that i am indeed loosing each week. Its certainly spuring me on. Hope you all are having a good day x Oh and had to buy new bra, gone from 50 H to 42 DD! my backache has improved though lol x

well i weighed in today and ive lost 2lb in five days so im happy with that although expected more but hey my TOTM has lasted two weeks and shows no sign of stopping so blaming that lol. having a "hungry" day today but eating healthy still so no real panice just yet.im keeping all the tickets i get from the wieghing machine at Boots so i can see in print the proof that i am indeed loosing each week. Its certainly spuring me on. Hope you all are having a good day x Oh and had to buy new bra, gone from 50 H to 42 DD! my backache has improved though lol x

Well done fadingfast! :D

And you've been on your periods for 2 weeks :eek: You must feel exhausted!!! Is it normal? I'm lucky with mine. :)

Well done fadingfast! :D

And you've been on your periods for 2 weeks :eek: You must feel exhausted!!! Is it normal? I'm lucky with mine. :)

yes it is normal unfortunatly, i feel i need a bit more iron at the mo so be back on the old vitamins i rekon and trip to docs to get something to stop me flooding, ive refused hystorectomy, not ready for that yet, bit drastic i feel. times like these i wish i were a man lol x not exhausted but did have a moment while out today and needed quick rush to find public loo and felt a bit shaky after but im fine now, be glad to get rid of my water retention too, driving me potty!

Last edited:
good luck with your WI bookworm, don't worry about your 'sneaky look', read what the scales say today and then onward to next week. we all lose at different rates, so even if you haven't lost what you expected, next week may well make up for it ..and you might have lost inches this week! :)

That is a fantastic weight loss!! Well done hun :clap: :clap:

Hello dear followers :D Thank you so much for your kind messages. I'm sorry, I'm lousy at updating this thread everyday but I have an excuse this time: family is staying over for a while and we're in a whirlwind of activities, long chats, etc. It's GREAT and it means I forget I'm on the diet most of the time. Until...... we go out somewhere and I am still too weak to walk more than an hour :( I am starting to worry a little, I'm so tired!

I hope everyone is doing great!

xxxx

Glad to hear that you you're being kept busy so are not thinking about the diet! Your 2nd WI will be here in no time you'll have lost even more! :D

Don't worry, your energy levels will increase soon and just think the more weight your losing the longer you'll be able to walk anyway :)

xxx

Thanks Minty! It reassured me. I'm an avid walker usually so feeling so tired after just an hour of slow walking was very unusual. :)
It's my TOTM as well. The plague. I'm in pain. But I'm still 100% :D I'm going to win this one! Xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi

totm makes me very very tired these days, so lethargic, so don't worry about it!

As has been said, your energy levels will rise as weight comes down, as you have been a walker and not usually as tired, i definately would blame totm...see if the same feeling returns next month?

If tiredness does persist past totm, it could be your change in diet, so try to raise your energy levels with 'super-foods' like bananas and iron enriched foods like, some cereals and leafy greens like spinach. If you still feel tired, then a quick chat with doc and maybe a blood test, would ease your mind :)

Good luck

Back