When you have to lose half of yourself...

Hi, great news, :D thats your clavicle or common name collar bone you can feel now, and an inch off your thighs is really brilliant. well done !!!:D:clap:

Hi, great news, :D thats your clavicle or common name collar bone you can feel now, and an inch off your thighs is really brilliant. well done !!!:D:clap:

Ah yes, that's it, collar bone!! :D It's weird to be able to feel it like that :D I can feel my hips too :eek: They're still nicely padded though, it'll take some more hours of working out for them to be noticeable from the outside :)

Hey Bookworm, looks like your doing great, your sounding really positive and loosing wieght and excersicing wow im exhausted just reading how youve progressed lol!! Ive not been on here much which is bad of me :( but life as usual been mega busy. Im still not at the excersise stage yet, i think im leaving that until i have problems shifting the wieght lol, well thats my excuse!! No i have set myself a goal of starting to excersise by 1st August as i really need to start toning now. Its great how your fitness improves once the pounds start falling off you doesnt it? Ive spent a few days taking in my old clothes as its just getting a bit wastfull buying new stuff i dont fit into for that long so had a big clearout of all the rubbish clothes, ie stuff that was far too big and worn out and jeans that i cant alter myself so gonna save up to buy some new stuff for my birthday in october and a nice xmas outfit oh and underwear as my suck it all in knickers are now too big lol so need smaller suck it all in ones lol! Also found that now im lighter ive gained my height back! i was 5ft 8.5 at the start of my diet and have been 5ft 9.2 for the last two wiegh ins, thought my posture was better!! Keep up the good work hun, glad its going great for you x

Hi guys, I'm on slimming world, and have lost 3st 9 since September, I have about another 8stone to lose, hoping for some friends to keep me going!!

How R u guys? Xx

Hi Anna,

I have just joined SW, I have at least 10 stone to loose! :-(

You have done sooo well to loose 3st9 already!

I notice you are going to Florida next year, I am planning on going in Nov 2011... which is my motivation! :)

Good Luck with your weight loss xx

Ooops... I meant Nov 2012 Not 2011!! LOL

Hi Anna,

I have just joined SW, I have at least 10 stone to loose! :-(

You have done sooo well to loose 3st9 already!

I notice you are going to Florida next year, I am planning on going in Nov 2011... which is my motivation! :)

Good Luck with your weight loss xx

Hi! definitely motivation there!! my weight loss journey just seems like such an unachievable thing, but I come on here and get so inspired! we can do it!! :D xx

we'll keep you going anna :D

i have about 8 stone to lose :(

have a holiday in october so that should keep me motivated to keep going, never stuck at dieting for this long before, only been going a month but still going strong =]
just started the 30 day shred today

how are you's today?

You can do it!
Well done to you for your journey so far :)
I did the 30 day shred - its great!! What did you think of your first session?

I'm okay thanks, have a bit of tummy trouble but nothing new there lol
how are you? xx

I'm baaack :D I had a lovely 3-day weekend with my husband and I'm feeling so good! For several reasons:
- I bought an outfit in a size 20 and it fitted! Well, as I said earlier, the trousers were quite tight (what a euphemism :rolleyes: ) but the top was LOVELY. 18 was still a bit too small but not far off. The top half of my body has changed so much even I could see it this weekend!
- I had planned a weekend off the diet, which is why I only pledged Sole Source for 39 days to start with, thinking I would eat on the 40th and 41st days in prevision for our weekend away and MIL's garden party. I DIDN'T EAT A THING! It was torture but I managed it. I can't believe it.
- People commented and how healthy I looked (and that is despite the huge pimple that appeared on my chin, lol) and I was so happy. I haven't even lost 2 stones yet (4lbs to go!) but I feel so much better already.

Only negative points:
- I wasn't very good with my water intake. I'm supposed to drink 4 pints a day and I barely drank 2 a day these past 3 days. Not really good, I have to go back to drinking properly today. Already 1 pint down :)
- I couldn't exercise so I think the shred will hurt today :eek: But I won't give up because I remember when I was last this weight, there is no way I could fit my big bum in a size 20 pair of jeans. So I must be more toned that I was before at the same weight.

Perpleo, did you have the "jelly arms" after the shred? I always have this after doing it, I can't do anything with arms :p And I know what you mean about the handweights :D I'm so glad I have tiny ones, there is no way I could train with 2kg or 3kg :eek:

Hi Anna and SugarPlum! I have a lot to lose as well, as you can see, but it feels good just doing something about it. :)

Fadingfast, I'm sure losing weight improves posture. I don't know if a lot of people "grow taller", so to speak, but apparently, a lot have smaller feet because they're not as flattened by the weight. I hope I don't lose a size, I like my shoes, and I'm "only" a size 7 for 5'9" so not too bad!

Hi RR!!! Yep, I haven't been feeling like that in ages. I actually liked the way I looked in my new clothes. I bought a lovely FLORAL TOP :eek: No, not something dark or with long sleeves. It truly was a summer floral top :flirt2:

Woohoo, just did Day 10 of the Shred. I am feeling so strong! I can almost manage a granny push-up and my endurance is so so so much better! During workout 1, toward the end, Jillian says (something along the line of): if you're on Day 5, 6 or 7 you must feel a huge difference in your endurance already. Well, it took a little bit longer, and today it hit me how much fitter I am. I'm still not ready to run a marathon but one step at a time, I'm getting healthier :)

Now an hour doing the couch potato reading another novel: I have to train my page-turner finger muscle too :p

well done you, keep up the good work..and yay for a floral top!!! my tops have always been, black, black and errr black!!! :)

Pleased to see you back and resisting temptation when away!

Keep posting :)

yey your back :D

welldone on the being good over the weekend lol

i dont have jelly arms i just have aching thighs, im like a wee granny getting up and down the stairs and now im getting sore obliques so somethings doing somethinggg

did day 3 today im so glad when that work outs over i like that theres only 3 of them but i hate the jumping jacks

my bro came into my room while i was working out and i stopped and he was like what? i just kinda huffed at him cos i didnt need the break and it was longer the 5 seconds if jillian was here she would kick my ass and his ( i would pay to see that )

any big plans for the week anyone ?

I lost 3lbs :D And 3" off my waist :eek: :cool:

Another mini goal reached: I lost 10% of my initial body weight :D

And next week it looks like I will be in the 17s (so another mini goal!)

LOL Perpleo, you really made me laugh, re your brother being told off my Jillian!!!

I have absolutely no upper body strength so I find any "plank" exercise really hard. And yes, jumping jacks are the bane of my life :eek: But it does work. I'm melting here :)

I hate jumping jacks, makes me feel like everything is wobbling.
Just wanted to say well done on the weight loss so far and keep it up :)

I hate jumping jacks, makes me feel like everything is wobbling.
Just wanted to say well done on the weight loss so far and keep it up :)

Thanks Trixtabella! Same feelings re. the jumping jacks here! They almost "hurt" my fat, if that makes sense :rolleyes: My poor little fat, it's really having a tough time. But it'll reincarnate in lovely muscle ;)

Today is one of these days where I don't know what to do with myself. I work like a robot but my heart isn't into anything. I always have a low after I've had a high. Let me explain: yesterday I was ecstatic knowing that next week I should be in the 17s. I was so hyper I even tried some more old clothes and some size 18 tops fit me perfectly (the ones from "generously sized" shops like M&S). But this morning... :sigh: I don't know, I feel flat :confused: What a drama queen I am sometimes :eek: Please ignore me, I just like moaning :p

My muscles are so sore today, I will need time before finding the motivation to see Jillian today. I have decided to keep trying Level 2. I could not do the push-up style exercises but I could do all the other. I just need to adapt the ones I can't do or replace them. And given my soreness today, I still worked hard yesterday. And anyway, I'm bored with level 1. :rolleyes:

I realised this morning, while playing with my BMI, that if I lose 3lbs next week, I not only will be in the 17st bracket, I will also be well into the BMI 36 bracket! :eek: In fact, even if I lose only 2lbs I'll be in the 36s :D Knowing my luck though, next week I'll lose 1lb or STS :rolleyes:

OK, I better start moving, the laundry won't do itself and the thesis won't write itself either: lazy things :p And lazy husband too who is always telling me I don't have to cook/clean/iron etc for him but still leaves his dirty dishes in the sink and a mountain of laundry. He wears one t-shirt for one evening and then forgets about it and I find it all dusty and full of cat hair in a corner a few days later. With another 10 t-shirts!!!!! :eek: When I start working away from home in Sept., it'll be a shock to his system because, although I won't tolerate a messy house, I won't have the time to do nearly as much. So all his mess will just be put in bin bags for him to sort out during his free time!!! Can you see I'm a bossy woman? :eek:

Back