When you have to lose half of yourself...

Oh yes I'm a twihard fan!!! My pupils told me to read the books, since then, I've been a fan! :D

I love shopping for toiletries. Lush, Barry M and Urban Decay all the way for me! But I don't shop for clothes as they never have my size and when they do, I look like a tent with clothes on :rolleyes:

I just finished my Toning workout and I'm p**ped again :eek: My legs are all wobbly but there are exercises I couldn't do. The ones focusing on the upper body. I was rubbish!!! Next time I'll be better prepared and will know exactly what to do :)

Tomorrow morning: the aerobics session :)

Woohoo, I didn't think I could do it but I got up early to do my 30 minute workout :eek: :cool:

It's exhausting, I was sweating like mad and this afternoon I have to help a friend move: why do I do that to myself? :rolleyes:

On the plus side, my body may not be really happy now, but I know deep down it loves the exercise. I certainly do :)

I'm half way through Passion. A bit disappointing so far, but I have to remember that it's teenage literature ;) I'd love seeing the story rewritten in a more adult style (and no, I don't just mean "that" type of adult thing :p ) because some themes are actually quite deep and could lead to interesting thinking. Oh well, I still like the teenage version :)

I made fun of my husband this morning (nicely though, I'm not a horrible wife, promise!) because he's been saying how he wants to get fitter, run 10k, etc, for months now. And I, the obese, unfit girl, am the one exercising now and taking responsibility for my fitness :p I think I shamed him a little :) It's not that he needs to lose weight as he is on the skinny side, but he's not as fit as he used to now that he sits behind a desk all day. And if there is something I learnt from Embarrassing Fat Bodies is that bad fat can be find in skinny people too. :)

Anyhoo, off I go, I have a lot to do today. Have a nice Saturday and don't hesitate to stop by and tell me about your diet/fitness/general victories today :)

have fun today helping your friend

i love shopping for toiletries - i love urban decay too, i love their eyeshadow palettes
barry m nail polish :D

im sorta on a downer today and dont know why woke up late and was bad and gave my self the day off from exercise yesterday

those books i was telling you about are called the night world series, if you ever fancy reading some thing after your passion

any whooo hangover 2 was good :D

Last edited:
Oooh, I bought the Night World series for my sister and I even read the first book. is it the one with the girl whose grandmother is a Native American and whose mother remarried to a fundamentalist Christian?

Anyhoo, yesterday was exhausting, although I got really disappointed by an acquaintance. I will explain another time because right now, I'm still fuming :eek:

My friends commented on how slimmer I looked, although I can't see it myself :confused: I can see my jeans are a bit less tight but really I can't see anything different.

Last night, we were out till 1am. It's so rare for us. We're in our late-20s and we live like grandparents :rolleyes: But I felt so energised last night, I wanted to go out (we went to the cinema, nothing too fancy!)

This morning, I was exhausted and felt very sluggish. I was that close to give myself a day off but I pulled myself together and did my exercise DVD :D I'm feeling so proud, and also I'm not feeling sluggish anymore. It really woke my body up. It's very moderate exercise so it may not do much in terms of toning up my problem areas but it certainly make me and my heart work harder than we're used to :p

I see we have a lot in common Perpleo :p

Edit: Ah no, I don't know these books, it was the House of Night series I was thinking about :)

ooo what you go see in the cinema?

and my friend has read the house of night books me thinks but you should look out for the night world books i really wanna re read them, my mind is like a sieve when it comes to books lol

when you described the books i was like maybe there was a fundamentalist christian in it lol

and i think we do have alot in common
:D

so proud you got up and did you're work out :D

right now im dying my fringe =] and thinking about what im going to wear to a pub quiz tomorrow/ night club thingg no ideas :(
dont wanna go too glam but dont wanna look like i havnt made an effort ughh i hate being a girl sometimes lol

sorry for rambling

I'l have to read them because I really like LJ Smith :)

We went to see the X-Men film, it was great! I don't get to spend much time with my husband during the week so we try to make the most of our weekends :)

I can't give you any fashion advice I'm afraid. I only have a few coloured items in my wardrobe and I tend to just wear a (big) t-shirt, jeans and a pair of trainers :eek: Hopefully, my feminine side will awaken as I lose weight! I can't wait to be able to wear heels again :D

How hot it is today!!! I'm drinking water like a sponge!!

Good luck with the fringe! I have to dye my hair too, it's a pain :(

Another workout under my belt :) I'm not huffing and puffing as much after the workout now. I think that I'm a bit too enthusiastic at the start of the proper workout though, because toward the middle, I feel all deflated and can't do some moves properly, especially the ones with the arms. Exercising has made me realise how weak my arms are. I do a lot of walking so my lags are pretty strong (considering my weight!) but my arms ill have to strengthen :D

I was sweating bullets after the workout, it's still really hot here and the sun is gone :(

Tomorrow's my WI. Hopefully I'll have lost inches. Whatever I lose though, I'll have given it my best :)

ooo the x-men movie is really good :D

i finally got my fringe and my outfit sorted :D magenta fringe lol

my mate told me i looked like i've lost alot of weight :D

hungover so im drinking water because of the heat and that lol
going swimming today hopefully if my friend isn't too hungover aswell lol

then a birthday dinner tomorrow for my friend, had to have a nosy at the menu to see what i can have dont wanna be taking ages looking at the menu as usual

Hi Bookworm,

Just been catching up on your latest news... i've stil no internet access at home so am not able to get onto the formum as much as I'd like.

Well done on the working out. I heard lots of good things about the 30 day shred, and tho it sounded hardcore I really wanted to try it. I am now on day 5 :D I must admit I am using 1.5kg weight (there's no way in hell i could use 3kg weights yet lol) and if i really struggle with an exercise i will change it so another of her moves but i do not stop for the whole 20 min workout.

I feel great afterwards, really proud of myself that i've done it, considering i haven't done any real exercise since i was at school!! lol By the end i've sweat dripping down my face and i'm all red i love it! lolol ;o)

The only downside is that my scales have not moved for 3 days. I know that muscles weighs more than fat but i guess i got used to seeing the scales move alost every day (i lost 5lbs each week for the last 3 and think i'll only have dropped 2 this week :( )

Sorry for waffling on - i just wanted to say hello really and wish you well with your exercising.

Can't wait till my internet is back!!

xxx

ooo the x-men movie is really good :D

i finally got my fringe and my outfit sorted :D magenta fringe lol

my mate told me i looked like i've lost alot of weight :D

hungover so im drinking water because of the heat and that lol
going swimming today hopefully if my friend isn't too hungover aswell lol

then a birthday dinner tomorrow for my friend, had to have a nosy at the menu to see what i can have dont wanna be taking ages looking at the menu as usual

Isn't it nice when people compliment you on your weight loss? It makes it all worthwhile :) So did you manage the swimming?

Hi Bookworm,

Just been catching up on your latest news... i've stil no internet access at home so am not able to get onto the formum as much as I'd like.

Well done on the working out. I heard lots of good things about the 30 day shred, and tho it sounded hardcore I really wanted to try it. I am now on day 5 :D I must admit I am using 1.5kg weight (there's no way in hell i could use 3kg weights yet lol) and if i really struggle with an exercise i will change it so another of her moves but i do not stop for the whole 20 min workout.

I feel great afterwards, really proud of myself that i've done it, considering i haven't done any real exercise since i was at school!! lol By the end i've sweat dripping down my face and i'm all red i love it! lolol ;o)

The only downside is that my scales have not moved for 3 days. I know that muscles weighs more than fat but i guess i got used to seeing the scales move alost every day (i lost 5lbs each week for the last 3 and think i'll only have dropped 2 this week :( )

Sorry for waffling on - i just wanted to say hello really and wish you well with your exercising.

Can't wait till my internet is back!!

xxx

Hi Minty, lovely to hear from you! I feel like one of my arms has been cut off when I don't have access to the internet :eek: I don't know how you can manage!

How do you find the 30 day shred? I haven't started it yet, as I wanted to ease my body into exercising. But I'm wondering if I should start it soon. My only worry is my weight :eek: I think I may be too heavy for some jumping things :confused: Could you share with me what results you have with the shred? In terms of inch loss?

Today, I woke up at 6am to exercise as I had to be out all day :eek: And on top of that I did a 1 hour walk as I had to walk to the station and back :cool:

But tonight I only lost 2lbs :confused: I hope it's because it was my Week 4 WI (something very common in a VLCD). Anyhoo, I'm feeling full of energy even though I'm exhausted. But it's good exhaustion, if you see what I mean. Because I've really been active today. It's not the same thing as feeling down and sluggish. :)

OK, I decided to give the Shred a try this morning. Bl**dy H*ll!!! I don't swear often but it is really intense :eek: But I finished it, albeit with some minor changes as it was that or I couldn't do anything :sigh:

I worked so much harder than with Rosemary Conley. So I think I will keep with level 1 if I can :)

I need to work on my abs technique though. Because it took me ages to feel a bit of burning, so it must mean I'm not doing the motions properly.

How is everyone today?

Note to self: I need to find dumbbells!

hiya, how are you doing today? Oh, have you got the shred bug too? many people on here are trying it..and they are all reporting how tough it is! :) well done for giving it a go..i'm impressed! :)

hiya, how are you doing today? Oh, have you got the shred bug too? many people on here are trying it..and they are all reporting how tough it is! :) well done for giving it a go..i'm impressed! :)

Yay, lovely to see you on here Rose!

I'm doing just fine. I got up early again to do the Shred. It is tough but do-able if you do the modified version. And sometimes there are things I can't do as strongly as the girls on TV but I give it a go nonetheless.

What I like the most about it is that it's short so I don't have the time to get bored.

And I get a real workout out of it and it is really good for cardio too.

And I'm very achy, so it must be working :D We will see in 28 days :)

Another day almost over, and another day 100% on the diet. :) I don't know why but this diet seems to have made me into some sort of domestic goddess ;) Warm healthy food is on the table when my husband is coming home, the house is vacuumed every day, the ironing pile is decreasing... :eek:

I won't complain though, I am feeling ever so good. Yes, I do miss food but I am not hungry. I even forget my tetras in the afternoon. I drink all my water and I exercise every morning. Could it be that a new me is starting to appear? Obviously, my personality hasn't changed, but I feel so much more energised that I am more willing to give things a try. :)

But I really can't see a difference on my pictures :confused: Everyone tells me they can, but I really can't. Another month and hopefully I too will notice! :)

heyy i did manage the swimming did about 16 laps in around an hour because we kept stopping and talking at each end i would have prefered to just fully go for it lol but not too bad really enjoyed it :D

im tired today and failed on my diet last night, went out for a meal for my friends 21st and had potato skins with cheese, how bad of me, and grilled chicken with garlic potatos and steamed broccolli sooo good i even had water all night and everyone else was drinking :D

i havnt noticed any major changes in my body
my mum - my cheerleader tells me i look fresh and thin lol

hows you today?
any plans for the weekend with your hubby?

i find now im dieting im eating lots of different food and making things i usually wouldnt have, also im almost vegetarian, havnt had any meat today, made a vegetable chilli con carne :D

So you tried the shred! It's hard but i've got the bug real bad lol. I have never exercised before but i find i don't want to miss a day! I was not able to get my sessioni n before i came to work so i am going to do it now when i get home - and i have just finished a night shift lolol.

I will give a proper reply when i can catch more than a couple of minutes on the net at work

xxx

Perpleo: nice effort at the swimming pool! Exercising has to be enjoyable too otherwise we give up. So if it means you stop once in a while to chat, so what? It's still exercise :D

Minty: Yes, I decided to give it a go and it burns :eek: But I have just done Day 3 of Level 1 and I can now do full jumping jacks, rope jumping (Anita's) and my crunches are getting better and better! But I still finish the workout bright red and sweating, much more than I was doing Rosemary Conley. Already i'm finding some of the arm exercises easier. I have such weak arms, it's crazy. :rolleyes:

I have reached a mini milestone today: I'm starting Month 2 :eek: When I think of how miserable I felt the first week, I can't believe I managed a whole month. And I'm feeling so good now :cool: The nice weather helps too :)

This weekend, we're resting :D We may go to the cinema or do something quiet. I would like to get as much rest as possible because next week will be hectic and we will also be away for the weekend.

Have a good Friday everyone!

awwk congrats on making it to month 2 :D

and we were treading water if we stopped most of the time lol

you should go see bridesmaids really funny- i recommend

going any where nice for the weekend? im nosy lol

i dont know how im going to diet in winter when all i'll want is stew and fattening things lol but hopefully going on holiday in october so that should be as much motivation as i need plus im going with my super skinny friend we seriously look like we belong on that program supersize me vs super skinny lol

have a good weekend any whoo :D

See how quick month 2 came around? :) it all becomes a way of life real quick book-worm, and you will feel you have been enjoying this new lifestyle forever!

( I too have a new lease of life as far as housework is concerned..vacumming whether the carpets need it or not :)..still not too fond of the ironing pile..so well done you :) )

Woohoo, -3lbs this week :D But also 1" off my waist, 1/2" off my hips, chest and arms and a whooping 1" off each thigh :eek:

I think it's the Shred effect :D

I can now button up some old size 20 jeans :eek: Albeit from M&S so quite generously sized. I still have a huge muffin top, especially as they are low cut: why oh why did I used to buy low cut jeans? They have always given me a huge muffin top that I tried to hide with tent-like tops :rolleyes:

I will also have to go to the jeweller as my wedding ring needs to be "taken in" :cool: I'm going to lose it if I wait much longer.

And, and, and, I can start to feel my bones around and at the front of my shoulders. I can't remember their name: the bones that are just above your chest, just under your shoulders?

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Back