When you have to lose half of yourself...

each new day is a new beginning. Today promises to be very dull, rainy, windy and grey weather wise. Diet wise, however, I seem to be in control and I feel really strong mentally. :)

I am still waiting for my DVDs to arrive and I was so eager to start exercising that my husband asked me to order him some exercise DVDs for men. Now, he is very skinny but not very fit, if you see what I mean. So, while we wait to have enough spare money for him to join the gym, a DVD will help him into exercising everyday. :)

Work wise, I have again a ton of things to do. But if I am a good little student till Friday afternoon, I will reward myself with the book I have been waiting for for ages. And this is where I confess my unconditional love for teenage dark romance :rolleyes: Lauren Kate's 3rd book Passion is out and I cannot wait to get it! Now please, try not to laugh at the 28 y. o. woman who reads teenage literature :eek: I read other books you know :D

I am feeling very chatty today, I wish I had more people to talk to during the day. The only person I see every day is my husband. I love speaking with him of course, but I feel really lonely during the day, even if I have a lot of work to do.

Here is to another day in our journey to slimdom :)

Hi all i hope you dont mind me joining in....

I to have a lot to lose in total when i started to get to what i was about 6yrs in which i was happy and a comfortable i needed to lose 13stone!!!!! :eek:

So far i am 5 stone down.....:D

So i still have 8 stone to go which to me seems impossible but i am deterimed to do it...

Welcome Tanny! And 5 st lost already, that is BRILLIANT! Make yourself at home :)

7 years ago, I was thin too :( I still have a few clothes from then, I wonder if I'll ever be that thin again. For now though, a healthy BMI and a good level of fitness will do :D Can I order them for tomorrow if I pay for 1st class post? ;)

Just..... finished..... fat......burning.......work out...... completely........beat....... :eek:

Actually, I think I did something good because I could feel my heart rate go up but I wasn't out of breath :eek: First time in ages I can jump around and still breath :rolleyes:

The DVD I have started is the Fat Attack Workout. The warm-up is 10 minutes and the workout itself is 20 minutes (it felt like 5 jours though :p ). After that, there is a 20 minute strenghtening workout. Some people can do it in one go but Rosemary said that both workouts can be done on alternate days (plus the warming up session, obviously). So tomorrow, some strengthening!!!! :D But never underestimate Rosemary Conley if like me you're unfit, because it is hard work!!! ;) I could feel my abs and arms muscle burn, but it wasn't too hard. It was challenging (that's the word I was looking for!)

Tonight we're going out for trainers and a sport bra (ouch, my breasts!!). I'm so proud I did it!!! And Rosemary is really encouraging. The other DVDs follow the same pattern. I will alternate so my muscles don't get too accustomed to one type of exercise. Apparently your muscles can grow lazy if you do the same movements all the time :confused:

I used to be a slender teenager. I was a size 10 for 5'9" and I thought I was fat!!! I was chubby as a kid but I really transformed into a butterfly during my teenage years. And now, I have gone from Princess Leïa to Jabba the Hut :eek:

I'm off to take a shower (if I can stand in the shower that is!). And then I cuddle the cat because she really thought I was going mental, jumping around like that!!! :D

I love a nice long hot steamy shower after sweating like a pig :D I'm feeling really tired now, but also so relaxed. I feel the same after a long walk in the fresh countryside air, except that now, my abs are still burning and my arms are a bit wobbly :p

I'm not even hungry and yet I should drink my tetra now. I know VLCDs have pros and cons, it seems to work for me. I have even started researching local dietitians for when I'm ready to leave the Cambridge Weight Plan :eek: I have been a vegetarian for a long time now, but I relied far too much on carbs in the past. And it is NOT good. In fact, it was just as unhealthy as someone eating a lot of meat. It was even worse I think, because I didn't get enough protein and B12, etc. But this time, I want to eat a balanced vegetarian diet and I will need help with it. But it won't be for a while :) Is any of you girls a vegetarian? Don't worry, I'm not a sanctimonious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou veggie, I won't bite ;)

Oh my, I'm very talkative today, I apologise :eek:

I never owned a sport bra before and it hurt a bit this afternoon! I bought a nice one in M&S as they have bigger sizes. It's £18 and I tried it on this evening. I jumped about, etc and it worked! :eek: I didn't think it would hold my breasts so well.

I got myself some cheap trainers at ASDA as well. They are not fit for running or proper aerobics but they will do for my workouts :) Better than just socks!

I'm glad it's motivating you :) My session this afternoon certainly motivated me. :D

I am really talkative when I'm in a good mood, I never shut up!!

One minor problem today though: they didn't have my book in WHSmith :( I could have bought it for twice as much in Waterstone's but I thought I would be patient and ask my husband to buy it for me tomorrow near his work.

I can already feel where I'll ache tomorrow :rolleyes: But I understand why people get hooked on physical exercise. You feel very euphoric afterward. Like the world is your oyster! Nice feeling. Ooooh, I don't want to jinx myself, and it may sound silly so early in my diet, but I feel like it's the start of a rebirth for me :)

don't apologise for being talkative :D
i never shut up lol

glad you can feel it working, you reminded me i need a sports bra too and i went to town today and forgot it :(

you're giving me motivation to do my fitness dvd too

keep up the good work :D

What is your exercise DVD? You may told me before but I can't remember :eek: I pledged 15 days of Rosemary Conley :)

ooo what book did you want in whsmith?

my dvd is ministry of sound body pump i think its called, clearly havent used it in a while lol but i like the music on it and the guy who shows you how to do it is hilarious, well im pretty easily amused but even so lol

i feel bad to say that ive never heard of Rosemary Conley, totally going to have to google her

im going swimming next week aghhhh i have to find my old swimming cossie and see if it fits oh great

i talk alot ( look up at this comment its obvious ) i work in a call centre so its the perfect job for me lol

ooo what book did you want in whsmith?

my dvd is ministry of sound body pump i think its called, clearly havent used it in a while lol but i like the music on it and the guy who shows you how to do it is hilarious, well im pretty easily amused but even so lol

i feel bad to say that ive never heard of Rosemary Conley, totally going to have to google her

im going swimming next week aghhhh i have to find my old swimming cossie and see if it fits oh great

i talk alot ( look up at this comment its obvious ) i work in a call centre so its the perfect job for me lol

I wanted Passion by Lauren Kate :eek: I'm addicted to teenage dark romance, it's my secret shame :eek: But as I said before, I read proper adult books too, so it's not too bad :p

Rosemary Conley's exercise DVDs have the reputation for being quite granny like. But trust me, for an older woman she is fit as a fiddle, and her workouts are perfect for beginners like me :)

LOL at you working in call centre :D I'm a teacher, so I talk a lot too :D And the good thing about teaching is that you're on your feet all day. I know some of my colleagues just sit at their desk or stand at the front but I can't!!! I walk around all the time, my poor pupils must get dizzy with me! My former Head of Department used to call me the "tornado" ;)

Good morning everyone! I'm in a very chatty mood today again. The sun is shining and tonight's the weekend :)

I thought I would be sore this morning given that yesterday my muscles burnt so much during and after the workout. But no, I can feel my shoulder muscles a bit more, and my waist muscles, nothing compared to how I usually feel after some physical exercise. Does that mean I didn't push myself enough? :confused: Honestly, I gave it my all yesterday, and my arms and waist really hurt all the way through. Today is strengthening workout targeting specific areas, I will see then if I'm just too soft on myself :)

Today I have some more work to do, and I have the housework as well (I always do housework on a FRiday as I want to spend as much time with my husband as possible during the weekend!). What are you up to today my faithful followers? :)

My mane needs washing as well, but I think I will wait tomorrow as I am yet again helping a friend to move so I know I'm going to sweat so I might as well wait. To tell you how unfit I am, I used to be sore everyday after I washed my hair (it's long and thick) so that's why I'm surprised I'm not in pain today from the workout.

Now about to open all the windows to let the sunshine in the house (but first I have to find the cat as she's not allowed out as she is disabled, poor little soul :( )

Morning :D

I've heard cleaning is a good workout which kills two birds with one stone i guess.

what do you teach? one of the teachers at my old school used to sit in a buddha position on her desk

i'm of to the cinema today to see the hangover 2 :D and before that im heading into town again to go shopping

i like teen dark romance too :D theres a set of 9 books i read and i cant for the life of me remember but they are quite scifi? if thats the right word, about vampires and the werewolves etc totally annoying me i cant remember the name lol

I'm not very much into the vampire/werewolf thing, unless you count Twilight of course :D

I teach languages, so that explain why I talk a lot ;)

Going shopping eh? I think once I get at my target size, it'll be hard to stop me too :D Well enjoy your day Perpleo! Think of us stuck at home ;)

these books are quite cool i really liked them, i'm going to town with my friend who got me into them and i'll let you know what they are called

twihard ? lol

i loved languages at school
pity the only thing i know in german now is rollschulaufen and in meine tasche sind meine modische Klamotten and that will clearly get me through any conversation

i think those mean rollerblading and in my bag are my modern clothes :D

i love shopping for makeup and clothes totally addicted lol
so is my mate whos going with me, not a good thing when it comes to my bank balance lmao but oh well :D

have fun cleaning :D lol

Back