Where am i going wrong???

j70joj

I am following EE and my weight loss is slow to stopped.

I got on the scales a day early as i am going on my hols for a week tomorrow and even though i feel i have had a good week and stuck to the plan my weight has stayed the same.

I would appreciate your thoughts and have been keeping a food diary.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/143260-jojos-food-diary.html

Do you think i need to do red/green days? Am i eating too much?

Thanks for your help :sigh:

Just had another read of your diary hun and I really dont think that you are eating enough ss foods to kick start the EE plan properly. What you are eating is right, but you need to add more fruit and veg that are ss foods.

I know you can eat the free foods to your hearts content on sw but I know (probably from doing ww points) which foods are "better" for me than others. For example the "worst" veg you can have are potatotos, peas and corn. The "worst" fruit you can have are bananas and grapes. I also know that if I eat lots of carbs I wont lose weight - but maybe thats just me. If I have pasta I have a very small amount and always have a salad to fill my plate up. Same with rice, potatoes and any other carb.

Hope you can get sorted

I think you are not eating enough superspeed foods. You really need to have the 1/3 plate of those.

I'll tell you what's good - beans! Most beans are superspeed foods so make a big beany soup or what I did was make a chilli and chuck in a can of kidney beans, baked beans and butter beans. Padded out the meat and veg a bit plus gave me a boost!

Please note that superspeed and superfree are not the same. Cod is superspeed but not superfree.

Superfree foods are fruit and non starchy vegetables and should make up a third of every meal. However, most fruit and veg are speed foods and some are superspeed which means that they are better for losing weight. Some free foods can also be speed and superspeed. Chicken is a speed food and white fish is superspeed.

It can be a bit confusing but important to get right.

Last edited:
So i guess i need to make sure i eat plenty of Superfree foods - these are the ones that i should make sure i have 1/3rd of on my plate.

But it would be beneficial to eat plenty of super speed foods.

Think that sounds right.

Can I also just point out that one week of sts does not necessarily mean you're doining something wrong. The reality is that there will be weeks when we sts or gain, even though we have been following the plan to the letter. That's just the way it is. Our bodies are not machines where if you press buttons A and B you get result C. They don't know what day is weigh in day and that they're expected to lose weight on that day. So my best advice would be to loosen up. This is a marathon not a sprint, and tying yourself up in knots of the number on the scale isn't going to change that and could even sabotage future losses.:)

Can I also just point out that one week of sts does not necessarily mean you're doining something wrong. The reality is that there will be weeks when we sts or gain, even though we have been following the plan to the letter. That's just the way it is. Our bodies are not machines where if you press buttons A and B you get result C. They don't know what day is weigh in day and that they're expected to lose weight on that day. So my best advice would be to loosen up. This is a marathon not a sprint, and tying yourself up in knots of the number on the scale isn't going to change that and could even sabotage future losses.

Oh and by the way, have a great holiday!

Thanks for that Circes, you are right of course it is a marathon and i would rather lose weight consistently and slowly and therfore hopefully stand more of a chance to keep it off.

I think my frustration is coming because since the beginning of January i have lost a total of 6lbs even when i put everything into it.

Maybe you are right, perhaps i do need to loosen up, i dont intend to stop doing sw but am a bit fed up my weight comes off slowly but have already made a commitment to myself to carry on - i will get there in the end.

Ime123, Hi, at the moment i do not go to a meeting, i am doing it on my own, and with all the lovely people on minimins!!!!

I find meeting hard to get to as i work part time, have a young family and my dh works long hours but i have to say there is tons of support on here so its okay. My weight loss has always been slow even when i used to go to WW it was even slower than sw and to be fair the advice you get on here is as good as any i ever recieved when i went to a ww class. Ideally i suppose i would do both.

Good luck for wed.
x

Back