Where did I go so wrong??

Good Day Today.

Well today is just the oppostie of yesterday and I feel great today, fantastic even!! lol
Had my weigh in this morning and I have lost 5lb this week. That means I have doen 11lb in two weeks. It's the best I have ever done and that is definately a mood booster.
I think you're right though, nexusangelicus about hormones and time of year. Today is a lovely day in my part of the world and I am going to take my son for a hot chocolate and a walk along the beach this afternoon and that makes all of us feel good.
So this weekend I have decided I am going to be extra special good. I was wondering if I should have a bit of a day off today as I had done so well but I have decided against it. My thoughts are if I should stay really true to my diet and keep on track then I am not going to be on it for very much longer.
Good day today, I hope tomorrow is a good one too!

Fantastic! Thats unbelievable, well done you!!! If i lost 5lbs this week i'd kiss someones feet :D Glad your day is better, and looks like you are very close to being one sexy lady! Have you got plans lined up for maintenance or have you done it before? I must say I dread to get to my ideal weight and still have to watch my diet but hey, I guess thats the just the way it is xx

well done 5lbs is fantastic, the 5lbs of simulated fat looks like the size of a loaf of bread so well done.

yes dont have any days off as its hard to kick our arses back into gear. im going to keep busy this weekend as well as i have my weigh in coming up on wednesday its my first week weight in im very excited.

how do the slim fast shakes taste as i have never tried them before but i do hear people not liking them im sure its down to the individual.

Days off or free meals, if planned into your 'diet' work really well, but some find they either don't need them to stick to the diet or they seem to encourage more free meals...either way, just do what feels right and works for you...I need the carb ups (I do low carb in the week) at the weekend due to my training schedule and by Friday I am ready to go into a coma from fatigue...

Way to go on the loss, that's a bigun 5lbs...whoo!

Another Good Day!

Hey guys thanks for the lovely comments.

CP, I haven't lost weight before. I went from 9st size 8-10 to 15.5st and size 18-20 within a year of meeting my hubby. Too much beer, eating out and being happy. So I blame him totally. lol ;)
As for maintaining, I am going to write everything I eat and keep a very close eye on calorie intake. I think I will always have to keep an eye on myself and watch what I eat for the rest of my life so i may as well just get used to it.

Newme, I quite like the SF shakes, the ready made ones are better than the ones you make yourself but they are all ok. I do prefer the meal bars and they are offer at the moment so I have been buying as much as I can. lol

Nexangelus, I had my birthday off last month and I felt like it took me the best part of the following week to get back into things. I am one of those people who have to do it all or nothing. I don't have any snacks, just three meals a day and I find i am better if I stick to that.

Well today is another good day. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, started a compost heap, and did my toning exercises.

I am still not able to kick the tea and coffee but I have cut down and increased my water intake to 3ltrs a day.

Does a sneaky cocktail sausage count though??? :8855:

New Dress!!!

Lol so much. I have bought a new dress, in a size 14!! :D

We have been invited to a party at the end of March and I have thrown caution to the wind and bought a dress. In the whole of my adult life I have never worn a dress. Even at my wedding I wore a corset and skirt. I have never had the confidence to wear a dress, mainly thanks to a very ugly memory of my mother telling me I looked like a sting of sausages in a dress, and I wasn't even wearing one at the time.

So anyway, I have takien the bull by the horns and I have got this lovely blue dress, it's very flattering and to be even more bold I have some very fabulous very pink shoes and a very pink little cardi to go with it. God, makes a change from the black jeans and black top and black shoes I would always wear when I was going out. Feels good I have to say. :cool:

Well done you!
That's brilliant!

Thats fantastic!!!!!

Hi Linda

I have just read your thread and wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss. You are doing fantastic.

FF
x

I have bought a new dress, in a size 14!! :D

I have got this lovely blue dress, it's very flattering and to be even more bold I have some very fabulous very pink shoes and a very pink little cardi to go with it.

Go you, doesn't it feel fab to be confident?! Piccies, we want piccies!

Good Job Lind!

I just bought two pairs of pants that are a size too small... thinking I might be able to fit in them.. or at least, very soon. But Ihaven't opened the package to try them on yet! :8855:

LR

Isn't it funny how the real person emerges when the fat is shed, I haven't worn a dress in years either. Even my wedding 'dress' in 2005 was a two piece!

Whenever I think of dresses, two words immediately come to mind. Black and Long.. otherwise it doesn't get a look in. I have really made a huge push in my attitude too recently, and bought some sexy lingerie which I have hidden in the wardrobe and will only emerge when it fits lol..

Wow, thanks all of you for those lovely comments. Makes me feel special!! :p

I might put some piccies up, I am going to get my Hubby to take some of me and provided I don't look daft then I will put them up. lol

CONGRATULATIONS Lind, well done..you must be so chuffed with yourself and rightly so.
Enjoy the feeling mate xx

The New Dress...Continued...

Well, the new dress did look fab but unfortunately the material was terrible. If I'd have worn it near a naked flame I would have gone up with it!!! lol
Got everything right though, right colour, right shape, length and right fit. But I didn't take any piccies because the moment I put the dress on the material went static and clung to me, every time I moved you could hear the static crackling. lol
But the good side is, I now know I am a proper size 14. I don not have to mail order everything from Asos and I can go into a shop and try on something that is a size 14, and no one will look at me and think I must be derranged for trying on something that size.
It has sent my confidence through the roof. My hubby is going to take me shopping on Friday and I am going to try on everything I like to discover what suits me now. He was also telling me how proud he is of me and that he thinks I am looking really good. I am starting slowly to believe him and to see a small flicker of light at the end of the tunnel.
So on Friday we are taking the camera and hubby is going to take piccies of me wearing the clothes I like so I can go home and have a good look at them on the computer to decide what I like and what suits.
I have kept the fab pink heels and cardi though.!! lol ;)

Hi Scarymary, yep it's all been on SF. Loads of exercise too and my only snack has been a Skinny Cow hot chocolate before I go to bed. Feel like I'm on the home straight now. lol

i'm so pleased for you! glad ur so confident as well!
enjoy that shopping trip :) shoppings so different when you can actually fit in stuff on the shop floor.ahhhh so excited for you!
look firward to seeing the photos!

Back