Where did I go so wrong??

Hey lind... looks like those crunches are helping.. lost 3 lbs this week ;) :8855:

LR

LR, that is fab. i am going to try doing the slower crunches see if it makes a difference. :cool:;):D

I haven't lost any weight for about three weeks now. I knew I would plateu again at some point so I guess I just have to get my head round it and get on with exercising. My cross trainer arrived this week and I have been going on that as well as my toning exercises. Maybe that will help kick start me again, I also have to get back to the Slim Fast bars too, I have been having one for my brekkie but I think I am getting so bored of them that by lunch time I just want some proper food. I know that this is one of the main reasons why I haven't lost any weight for three weeks too.

I just don't know what to do to kick myself up the backside any more. It just feels like I can talk a good talk and that I can't get that motivation to actually work for me. I do enyjoy the cross trainer. I put the music channel on and do about half an hour each session. I have been doing three sessions a day at the moment. I am not going fast, just noce and gentle with a few bursts until I get used to it.

I think the other thing that has annoyed me is my boobs!! Before I dieted I was a 38E and I thought they would go down and I would have nice normal size boobs back. But no, I went to get measured for a new bra last weekend and I am a 32G!!!! What the F*** is that all about?? :confused: :(

So any one that can give me a big fat kick up the arse I would be very gratefull!!! :copon:

Aw Lind. I was wondering where you've been at. It's not like you to disappear for more than a few days. Here are my suggestions:

I don't know if you saw my other thread on Weightview.com, where you can upload a picture of yourself and they will basically alter it to a lighter you, up to 50 lbs. Being able to actually see what your goal is, what you could look like, might be motivation enough. You could print it out and paste it all around the house.

I know there are sites out there that if you put in your information, can tell you how many calories you can eat a day and still loose 1-2 lbs a week. (I think myfitnesspal.com is good). Then keep a food diary for a week to see what you are actually taking in, and see if you can tweak it from there. Like, the US version of SF, for lunch we have a shake and half a sandwich, or whatever, up to 200 calories.. but I've been able to tweak it by buying light bread, so I can acutally have a full sandwich. Things like that maybe.

You could buy a really gorgeous dress in your goal size and hang it somewhere where you can always see it. :)

As for your boobs, the only thing I can think of is that the cup sizes are not the same as you go up in the ribcage size. The actual cup size is bigger for a 38 ribcage boob than a 32. Also.. it is possible that you didn't have the right bra size all this time, but the extra width in the ribcage made up for the fact that the cup was too small..

And don't get too interested in having a normal size set of boobs. I am DDD.. which translates to F or G over there... and when I was 20 lbs of my goal several years ago, I only went down to a DD.

LR

Feeling better now, I think I was having a crisis of confidence and thinking I was so near yet so far.

I have come to terms with the fact that just because I will reach my goal weight it doesn't mean that I will be fit and helthy just because I am in the "normal" weight range. I need to make sure I keep up the exercise and not let small things throw me off cousre any more.

But I woke up yesterday morning feeling happier than I had done in a few weeks and it was so much easier to stick to my diet yesterday and today so I am hoping my good mood is back to stay!!! :D

Today I am having a 100% good day and so far it is working and I have just had a really good blast on my cross trainer. I am going with the theory that to sweat a lot is good while your training (thanks Biggest Looser!! lol) and that what I made sure of, that I kept my heart rate up and had a good sweat. lol I did have a shower after. :8855:

This evening I have to decided to have a jog around the field behind our house. I was talking to one of the mums at playgroup and she was telling how good running is, not only for the body but for the mind too. I said that I didn't think I could run for 10meters and she was saying how you have to build it up slowly and some is better than none. So I am going to give it a go....

LR, I am so going to have a look at that website you told me about, and thank you so much for your lovely words. I think you may have been right about me wearing the wrong size bra in the first place because my shape is so much better with the correcting fitting bra on. :D:hug99:

Hey Lind, I'm so gald you are feeling better.

I used to run/jog. It wasn't much or long.. about a mile, and I couldn't really run the whole thing.. but it was helpful. But I also hated it. It's important to remember that the purpose of jogging is to not go as fast as you can.. but as far as you can.. which means going slow. or you won't last.

Good luck with it! :)

LR

Hey Lind, I got a new "crunch" for ya!

It directly targets the lower abdominals... the "pooch" alot of women experience after pregnancy.

Lying on your back with your hands underneath your butt, lift your legs about 6 inches off the floor. Hold for 30 seconds. Slowly lower legs back to floor.

It didn't say anything about doing repetitions... but let me tell you... first... I couldn't get past 10 seconds. Second... I really.. FINALLY... could feel my lower stomach muscles engage! FINALLY!! :8855: I was starting to think they weren't there! I tried to do a second rep.. and only could hold for 5 seconds. so.... Not sure about the reps... I guess getting to 30 seconds will be an accomplishment.

Also, I read something interesting.

Mistake #6: You Overcrunch Your Abs

If you're doing more than three sets of 15, you're wasting your time. "Extra crunches aren't going to cinch your waistline," says Michele Olson, PhD, a professor of exercise science at Auburn University in Montgomery, Alabama, and a FITNESS advisory board member. "You're working the rectus abdominus, which is only one of four muscles in the abdominal wall. But it's the other three deeper muscles [internal obliques, external obliques, transverse abdominis] that give you a leaner look by helping you with your posture."

I get this fitness newsletter and found that in there. Thought of you.. don't remember how many reps you do, but just trying to help! :)

Another crunch move I read about and completely can't do, but thought you might like to add to your routine for your side stomach muscles:

Lay on your side, hands behind your head as if you were going to do a crunch... legs slightly bend and feet stacked... raise feet off floor and "crunch" to the side.

Ok... I'm done. :8855:

LR

Hey Lind :) just caught up with your diary. Am so pleased to hear you are feeling much better now :D

It is funny how it is sooo much easier to do well diet wise when you're in a good mood... it's kinda backwards isn't it... when I am having a rubbish day I run to the biscuit jar or cheese on stodgy white bread land... and then I feel even worse and it's more of a bad day :( ha. Silly it is!! But today I am in a good mood too, had lots of sleep and the sun is shining :D so I am doing brilliantly at eating well today!

Anyway! Well done on the exercise too! that is important for your general health as well as the weight loss of course :) I am dying to go jogging, I like running and it's a nice run along the river near us... not that I ever have! but i have the motivation now! but I have hurt my foot and am hobbling!! typical how something always gets in the way :( but I am determined to get more exercise. I have been doing some stretches on the floor as that's ok :)

Have also asked for a Wii Fit for my birthday :) We play on the Wii a lot as it is so i think i'll get some use out of that, and my OH will too :) fun exercise is the way forward!

Well, glad you are smiley again :) You take care of yourself :)

LR- I am so going to try that first crunch you told me about. I have a baby pouch that I need to get rid of.

:8855::8855:i just tried to do one of those crunches. I managed 20 seconds but like you only five the second time. So I think I am just going to aim to try and do one for thirty seconds. God it really works though. Thanks for finding that. And the other thing you said about doing too many, my hubby was saying that to me the other day. I was saying that I needed to work the deeper muscles and I just told him to f*** off and mind his own business!! :8855:poor man, now I will have to say sorry.

Smiley Bon- How are you? Haven't spoken to you for ages. I am feeling so much better now. Mind you I am addicted to the Biggest Looser and I think that is really motivating me at the moment.

Well, I have had my cross trainer for a week and I love it, I never knew how fit I had become. I started just doing 2 or 3 ten minute sessions a day on it because I was worried about over doing it and my muscles hurting too much to exercise the following day. But now I have managed to work it up to one pre-programmed session in the morning. That one is a light 20 minute one. Then in the afternoon I do a full programme and that nearly kills me!! :8855: But if the weather is nice then I pull it outside and listen to my mp3 while I am doing it. Luckliy for me (or is it everyone else) I don't have any neighbours so I don't feel silly doing it in the garden.

I also figured out I have been eating too much protien, and I was wondering if this would account for me not loosing too much recently. I am really hoping for even just a pound this week. just a little something to show for all the hard work I have been putting in over the last week.

:8855: Yea, I did it again last night and held it for a proper 10 seconds this time... not the quick 10 I did the night before. LOL! And I noticed while I was doing my regular crunches before it and I could feel my lower abs that time too, because they were a bit sore! Yay! :8855:

I'm glad you are liking your trainer. I am actually going to be joining the YMCA in my neighborhood. It's primarily for Ayleigh... they have swimming lessons there, as well and dance and gymnastics... all things I did when I was really young.. except for the swimming lessons... I am an excellent swimmer, but my parents just threw me in the water to learn.. :8855: They also have "Family Swim" slots where you can just float around with your kids.. sounds like fun :)

It's expensive, but cheaper than joining a gym. I'm hoping to also start using their treadmills or whatever.. take a class when Ayleigh is with her father, or maybe.. just maybe, she won't freak out if I drop her off in the children's play center they have there. We'll see about that! lol.

LR

Roll call for Lind. Where are you?!? Is everything ok?

LR

I'm Back!!!

Hey lovely people, I am back. lol

After some time away I feeling fit and ready to go. Still haven't lost any more weight but have been working out really hard and not worrying too much about what I am eating.

Now though, I feel ready to get back on the diet wagon. I am not worrying about how much I have lost or how much I haven't come to think of it. lol I am just going to concerntrate on one day at a time.

I started yesterday and I had a 100% day and then commited myself to having a 100% day today, and I have. So now I am going to do tomorrow too.

My exercising is fantastic though. Apart from t he sit-up. LR- real sit ups really f***ing hurt!! lol. I am doing about 90 mins a day, which is about 60 mins cardio and 30 mins tone up. My body has changed a bit and I have little muscles in my arms which I love. I also get a bit restless if I haven't worked out, so I guess thats good.

Well guys, it's good to be back and I am really looking forward to seeing how well you have all done.:D

Wow, good going on the exercise!! Can you please send me some of your motivation, I'm awful on getting exercise in but really need to start toning up!!! If I want this 'baby belly' to shift it has to be done!

I'm fine for motivation on the exercising my trouble is eating. I can only commit to one day at a time. lol

As for the baby belly, after much searching it's down to good old fashioned sit ups. Not crunches but proper sit ups. The first time I did them I couldn't hardly move the next day. But I am assured that is the only thing that will do it. :rolleyes:

Coming off the Slim Fast

Now I don't have too much to loose I have started to come off the Slim Fast.

I am calorie counting and exercising now and using the Slim Fast bars for brekkie or lunch when I don't have time to prepare anything.

I feel as though I need to start training myself on eating right and healthy. After spending a lot of time trying to figure out why I put the weight on in the first place, and looking for the "flash" points that could trigger weight gain in the future, I have come up with a few ideas.

At first I said I put the weight on becasue I got lazy, half of that is true but the other reason was a complete breakdown of any kind of relationship with my parents. After 20 yrs of a bad relationship with them about 2 yrs ago I finally decided that my life would be better without them. Now when I look back I realise that when I cut them out of my life was about the time I had decided I needed to change my life and loose weight.

My "flash" points are emtions, but more so bad ones. If I argue with the OH then I need to be careful not to get the cookie jar out. If I am having a stressful day with my young son then I need to be careful not to turn to getting a take away because I can't be bothered to cook. I need to be more up front with my emotions, if my OH is having a bad day then he lets us all know about it. I used to get really angry with him for that but now I realise is he just gets it off his chest and moves on.

Slowly I am learning to do that, slowly I am learning to take one day at a time and cope with what day to day life throws at me. I am learing to tell my OH when I am pissed off too and jsut to get on with it, instead of thinking I deserve a treat in order to deal with it.

My way of thinking is changing and with that I know the path for the rest of my life is changing.

As for the baby belly, after much searching it's down to good old fashioned sit ups. Not crunches but proper sit ups. The first time I did them I couldn't hardly move the next day. But I am assured that is the only thing that will do it. :rolleyes:

:-/ Who told you that? Should I change to situps? Man, I can't do those!

LR

:-/ Who told you that? Should I change to situps? Man, I can't do those!

LR

I spoke to a physio and they said basically the best thing is a proper sit up. you have to have someone hold your knees or tuck you r feet under something.
I can do 26!!! And it hurts, i can't do them with my arms behind my head though, I have to cross them on my chest.

But you can really feel it so it must be doing some good. lol

Day 4 of 100% and a child from hell!!!

My son, the wonderful ray of two year old sunshine that he is, woke me at 4.45am this morning!! He wouldn't go back to sleep because the sun was up and that means morning.

By 5.30am this morning I was on the cross trainer....how good is that?? :cool::cool:

I was really worried because on any other day that would mean a day of me sitting around doing not a lot and eating bad things because I think I deserve them for getting up early. So when I decided to have a work out and a nice healthy breakfast followed by a lovely shower, (all done by 7.30am) instead of reverting back to old habbits was so proud of myself. I think I have achieved something, like a small shift in my way of thinking. I know it sounds a bit silly but for me it feels like a small victory. And, instead of being completely worn out I am still good.

Mind you the son will be having an early night!!! :mad:

hiya hunni, glad to see you back and so in control. i agree with you totally that if your parents were giving you so much pain and grief the only way to keep hold of yourself and not spiral into depression/eating etc is to break free:wave_cry:

life is too short to be pulled down by things which we can change and in time you may feel you can handle them back in your life (or not) but that choice is entirely yours so go with what your heart tells you.

as usual i've found it tough, using any excuse like as i'm going on hols might as well start now, 2 weeks before i actually went and still not back on it. i'm getting weighed next thursday properly so in my head already i'm thinking i've got till then to start :eek:

had such a shitty day at work friday :cry: all i wanted to do was eat eat eat, but when i got home 7 ish couldn't actually face anything so didn't do so much damage as i could have!

here's to hopefully a good july:sigh:

x

Here's to 6 100% days and a 4 mile walk!!

Today is day 6, it's the first time since the begining of April that I have really stuck to it and kept myself on track. I am not really doing too much Slim Fast now but it helps to know I can just grab a quick bar or shake when I need to get something quick.

Didn't need to do a workout today, we went on a 4 mile walk!!! To be honest I thought I would really sruggle, but to my utter amazement I was the one setting the pace and telling my OH to keep up. God, that felt so good!! :cool: Loved it too, it made me feel as though I have really come a long way in my fitness and tobe able to walk 4 miles in an hour and 15 minutes for me is fab!!

Go me!!! lol

My first weigh in tomorrow, I feel as though I have lost something and to be honest I'll be way happy if it is just a pound. I just need to prove to myself that I can loose this last little bit and I am doing things right again.

Back