Where did I go so wrong??

:8855:LR, you make me laugh!!

Keep going they may get easier, either that or you will end up with a very strong neck!! :8855:

Those resistance bands sound great, I am going to have a look on Amazon. Thanks for that. I am amazed we are on here at the same time. I normally miss everyone.

Yep... It's me who usually misses everyone cause I'm in the states. But I usually check my email first thing when I get into work.. and if I have time.. I reply :8855:

LR

Weighed in this morning and sts. I am quite happy with that. I have been eating loads and it's totm so alls good.

Getting ready to kick start myself back into it. had big chat with hubby last night, actually I think it was the last thing he wanted as he was so tired but he did listen and nod in all the right places. Bless him. Anyway, I am going to carry on as I have been for the weekend and on Monday I am going to jump back into it with both feet. I need to shift this last little bit and get fit and healthy ready for summer so I can do lots of things with my son over the holidays.

LR.....how are the crunches going?? lol

Meh. I didn't do them last night... my back was really hurting and I'm not a fan of pain (who is?) Because exercising is new for me... atleast in the past 4+ years... I'm trying not to over exert and injur myself. I am prone to injuries due to my weight. Bad knees, back ankles, bad hip, and of course, bad back. :8855: Besides, I am exhausted this week! Ayleigh is with her father this weekend until Sunday morning, so I should have time today and tomorrow to fit in some proper exercise.... The kind that doesn't involve stopping ever few mins because Ayleigh wants to do the exercise with me, but needs help with her "resistance band" (ie... her scarf!) :8855: Kids crack me up.

LR

LR, it's a good idea to start gently, I get a bad back too and a bad hip!! I must get round to having a look for one of those resistance bands myself. lol
Hope you have a lovely weekend...do you have anything planned while your daughter is with her dad?

Shopping and Cleaning! I want to get one of those outdoor climber/slides for her this weekend... And I always try to clean and dust when she's not around.. try not to trigger her allergies/asthma.

LR

Hey Lind, was thinking about you this weekend, but didn't get a chance to post...

I was out shopping at Burlington Coat Factory for some more clothes for Ayleigh (like she needs them... tsk) And I came across some really cheap exercise equipment... one was a type of ab roller, and the other was a pilates twisty thing with resistance tubes. That one is fun...

I couldn't do the ab roller but it got me thinking.... I used to have one of these... much better quality, back when I was in college. The one I just bought doesn't have a coil, so if you go too far, you fall flat on your face. Anyways.. I was thinking you might like to try one of these.. and I'm sure you have the abdominal muscles to keep yourself from falling. It's like a crunch and a push up together... take a look!

Amazon.com: Roller Slide Abdominal Roller Exerciser: Sports & Outdoors

I found one on amazon.. the same one I used to have. You can even do a side to side motion to work the sides of your stomach too. :)

LR

Hmm... haven't seen Lind on here in like 4 days.. where you at?! Hope everything is good!

LR

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a while, got loads of rubbish from my hubby's ex and it makes me ill when she starts. But never mind, I shouldn't let her get to me but she does. Thank God she lives miles away and I don't have to put up with her all the time. lol

Luckily it hasn't affected my diet too much, I had a few naughty things and drank a few Gin's at the weekend because of all the stress but not too bad.

I bugged the hubby for ages about getting a Wii so I could be lovely and trim and fit, and right when he gave in I decided I didn't want one anymore. lol I have ordered a cross trainer instead. The theory is I can do it while my son watched tv and when the weather is nice I can drag in onto the balcony (upside down house) and get a tan at the same time!! The only problem is that it was twice the price of the Wii. :8855:

I have given myself a good talking too :copon:about not letting people get to me and the only people that say bad things are bad people. So I am not going to let a bad person ruin my diet and keep me uphappy because they don't deserve that much of my attention. (I am being very polite here....what I really want to do is shout and swear about how I am being treated but she finds me everywhere :eek:)

On a lighter note, I have a pair of jeans on today that a a small size 12 and they are looser in the leg than they were when I last wore them about 3 weeks ago.

I can't wait for my cross trainer!!! :8855:

sorry to hear uve been having problems lind but congrats on sticking to the diet!

hope u enjoy ur cross trainer. i bought myself an exercise bike and its really good but am giving it a rest while i do my exams then back on it again!

thats great about the jeans, not long ago i wore a pair of jeans i hadnt been able to get into for years, it was such a nice feeling, so i wore them to death and now i think i need to buy new ones :rolleyes:

glad to hear ur ok tho :)

Eh Lind... exes are a pain. I'm glad to see you back though! :)

LR

Thanks guys for the kind words. it's so nice when you have a problem there is always someone there to cheer you up and make you feel better again.

LR- how are those crunches going girl?? :8855:

This week I think I am just making sure I don't binge on anything. So the exercise and stuff has taken a bit of a back seat, but thats ok. I just don't want to put any weight on when I weigh myself tomorrow! :(

I just want things to get back to normal now and they seem to have been a bit odd since Easter. Hopefully things wil get better soon, I feel optimistic. :D

:8855: Actually they aren't that bad now. Interestingly enough. I can't do the 4th type with the legs in the air. So I do types 1,2,3 20x each and then repeat for 10 times each. After that, my neck is like enough! I'm getting more of my shoulders off the floor is seems. How far are you supposed to come up? I know its a crunch and not a sit up, but I think more of my shoulders should be coming off the floor. But I also know that my body has to become stronger to do that.

The best part was last night though when I was doing them.. Ayleigh was laying next to me trying to do it and after like two she exclaimed "MOMMY! I CAN'T DO IT!!!" :8855: So she laid on the floor next to me with her hands behind her head and counted with me. :8855:

LR

BTW, I was reading on the internet last night that cruches are more beneficial if when you are coming up for the crunch, you do it in a 4 count and then a 2 count to lower. Slowing it down and spending more time in the coming up part activates and engages your abdominal muscles even more so than just going up and down.

They also mentioned that it will greatly reduce the number of crunches you will be able to do (only 10 per minute),.. but the results will be better.

Don;t know if I will try that until I can do atleast two sets of each type of crunch.

LR

good for you lr, i must admit am v lazy when it comes to exercise, keep telling myself i must start tomorrow but that day takes forever in coming lol!

Yea Sparkel.. I don't like exercising either... I'm just getting in 10-20 mins when I do it. I figure even a small amount is a big improvement over my usual sedentary lifestyle.

BUT I also know that muscle burns more fat than... fat. :8855: And my biggest problem "spot" is my stomach. While I am carrying excess weight everywhere, I carry 90% of my excess weight in my stomach. And the muscles there are basically shot due to this excess weight, my baby-zilla daughter (Man she was HUGE!) and then the lower abdominal muscles were cut open all the way across when I had a C-section. Soo.... working my abs is going to be my best bet in getting this weightloss going good! It sucks, but it gets better with time.. just like the diet does! ;)

LR

that's my worst area too lr, especially my little baby pouch where i had my c section too! i know it is only going to go with exercise so will just have to bite the bullet and get on with it!

exactly ;)

Besides, you'll loose more weight in general with some exercise thrown in there. The first week I actually started to exercise, I lost 6 lbs. Which was like :eek:

(Sorry for hijacking your thread lind! :8855: )

LR

Back