Where do you get your 2 litres?

Dukanista

Gold Member
I've seen lots of threads discussing menus and food habits, but not much about liquid! Since we're supposed to be getting 2 litres a day on dukan, I was wondering what everyone else is drinking, how you're measuring the daily volume, and how you're pacing yourself through the day?

For me, 2l of pure water would be impossible - especially since I live in a country where you can't drink the tap water! So my liquid intake comes mostly from:
- morning coffee with lots of skim milk
- 1 scoop wheatgrass powder in a glass of water
- 1-1.5l of tea (chinese green or jasmine tea) during the day
- a can of diet coke at lunch (not always)
- a mug of cocoa at night

i really miss sweet drinks, so i also make a huge jug of flavored ice-tea and sweeten with Splenda, and as a treat I have yoghurt shakes with some skim milk, a couple of ice-cubes and some vanilla essence and sweetener.

any other bright ideas out there?

If I'm honest i don't always know what how much exactly I've drank but I do use a 750ml bottle that i fill twice a day & make sure i drink all that. Then there are cups of tea i drink & the occasional diet coke.

I know when i've drank enough as my pee goes very light in colour (sorry probably TMI)

LOL - sorry, my fault for starting the discussion, I guess!

Having a measured bottle or tea flask works well for me too. I fill up the 1.6L bottle at the office and then try and drink all of it during the day. Luckily my colleagues haven't asked why I'm running to the loo so much...:coffee:

Plain old tap water for me. I drink a lot of water anyway (2/3 pints normally) and have just increased that to 4 pints a days. I'll have some tea also.

Hi,
Even before I started on the Dukan plan I religiously drank 2 litres of water each day. I still do with the addition of 2 coffees. I was drinking quite a bit of diet coke instead of the coffee but cut that out a week ago. It really has become a habit for me at this stage. I fill up a beaker that hold a litre and sip at it throughout the morning and then the same in the afternoon. If you try it for a week or so it'll become second nature to you. Best of luck..

Hiya,

I drink 2-3litres a day (water) and 2 green teas (to try and help with bowel movements) in the morning with breakfast.

I drink a glass before I eat and a glass or two after.

I never drink just single glass, as this would take too long to complete.

I don't drink anything else and I'm not missing it yet.

I try to stay clear from even the diet drinks as I hear they are not very good for your teeth.

I only started this on Monday and my book says "It is absolutely essential to drink a litre and a half of water a day." So I got out a jug that measures a litre and using a beaker that will be mine from now on I measured how many cups to make it a litre and then worked out for 1.5lt. Which is 6 beakers. Turns out my fave coffee cup is also the same measurement. so if i have a cup of coffee in the morning and one mid afternoon. Two beakers of diet coke and two of water during the day thats my 1.5lt. I was surprised to be honest because I never thought I drank enough, ok mainly it was coffee but since changing to sweetner and skim milk I'm not drinking as much, turns out I probably did drink the right amount.

However, I am consious of now drinking more and not far off the two litre amount because I have been drinking more than my 6 beakers LOL.

yes, I try not to have too many diet drinks: 1 a day is more than enough. If I'm out at night, I prefer soda water and lemon (and it looks more like a gin & tonic too!)

it's funny that i used to avoid drinking at meal times before dukan - letting go of that 'rule' has made it a lot easier to drink enough water and stick to the plan. the things you grow up believing... :)

I also drink it before my meal to help me feel full, as I know I can eat a huge amount of food when I'm ready.

Boring old me, I'm always drinking water!

Drink loads of tea too, plus a maximum of one Diet Coke a day.

I find that Dukan (ketosis?) makes me really thirsty, so that helps with my water intake.

P x

Yep I'm boring 2 i drink a 1.5 litre bottle of water a day and far too many green teas in the biggest mug I could find in the shops !!!!! I gave up diet drinks over a year ago and don't miss them at all and also not had coffee for about 4 months x

I have never been a huge fan of fizzy drinks, one every now and then is enough, but I can't always drink water so much, its just plain and bland and makes me feel yuk if I force it, so the coke is helping to keep my intake up. I've only had one coffee today which is unusual for me I have always had at least 5...but its just not the same with sweetner :(

I have a two litre bottle of sparkling water every day plus I drink loads of tea and coffee, and hot ginger & cider vinegar tea, so know I'm getting plenty.

I have a two litre bottle of sparkling water every day plus I drink loads of tea and coffee, and hot ginger & cider vinegar tea, so know I'm getting plenty.

the tea sounds nice - is it home made? would love the recipe!

hey, water isn't boring: if i was living back home, I'd have tap water all the time! green tea is great too, but i have to be careful of the caffeine: nothing after 3pm or I'm up all night. being south african, i drink a lot of rooibos tea - no caffeine and lots of antioxidants.

LOL, pauline - bet you're a real fan of wheatgrass then!

I'll admit that it's hard to enjoy unless you've grown up with it. i do prefer the flavored versions myself: lemon, cranberry, etc. and a jug of rooibos ice tea is DELISH with some sweetener and a splash of lemon or lime juice... convinced yet? :D

Dukanista

Love this - “Even if you're on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there." :D

P x

Back