WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Bookworm

I came out of hospital this morning. Been in since last Monday having my ankle pinned.
goodness alone knows what I weigh because the food was pure stodge!
My GP wants me off the SF for a few weeks, because of the ankle.
How's everyone doing?

hiya hun, i dont think i have met you on here before, started slimfast last monday and got my week 1 WI tomorrow. Sorry to hear you've been stuck in hospital with their yucky stodge!

Its so quiet on this part of the forum where other areas are so busy... I wonder why?!

xx

Morning to you wannabe. I don't know what's happened, there used to be a lot of activity on here and you would think, with the warm weather, people would be sucking up the SF to get into their summer clothes.
I've had good results so far, but this blasted broken ankle and the problems I've had with it has slowed me up a bit. I'll get there though never fear, SF is really good. Best of luck to you. congratulations on week 1 result

I don't tend to log on much during the weekends as I am always busy with the kiddies. I am sticking to SF though and hope you are well bookworm as I still want to lose another 17 lbs before August.

Take care and I hope your ankle gets better soon.

FF

have had a really disappointing week- 1/2lbs loss according to my scales... for my first week i had hope for more! x

Hi
I haven't been on much because I have had to keep going over to my grans and she doesn't have the internet. I'm back in sunny manchester for the time being and will be logging on most days if not a few times a day!!!! :D

BL x

Ahhh nice to see a couple of the old names.
How is Gran now Busy?
Feelingfat: yep, ankle on the mend. It was very painful in plaster and not healing so that's why I had it pinned. feel on the up now. I can't tell you how depressed I was. Anyway, feeling focused and back on track. Course you'll lose 17 by August! I have every faith in you.
Wannab: Now don't you give up, there are all sorts of reasons why we only lose a bit. I could be time of the month ( just a distant memory for me, I'm an old fossil:p)
Are you exercising? Muscle bulk weighs heavy. Try splitting your meals up, maybe you are eating too late in the day. Have you 'been' Being bunged up solid adds pounds. Measure your inches too, sometimes we lose no weight but the inches fall off. Don't forget: we're all in this together so you aren't alone.

Heya,

Thanks for your advice... its nowhere near TOTM, hormone-wise I should be at my lightest at this point in the month, so even more depressing! I have been exercising a lot and my muscles are growing, I always knew muscle weighed more than fat but I would be interested to know how much as it does appear to be hindering my progress- but I refuse to stop on the grounds of weightloss!!

I havent done my measurements for months as have no tape so not sure about that one, although I am still fitting into the same stuff I wore 5-7lbs lighter so there may be something in that.

Its just a bit depressing really but I shall carry on! Have been good today and had no snacks so hopefully it will pay off. Try not to eat any carbs after 9 at night (I dont go to bed til midnight and my GP advised not to eat within 3 hours of bed).

Ah well, I will keep on trying eh! x

Hi Bookworm,
Gran is on the mend thanks for asking. She needs people around as much as possible so I feel a bit like a headless chicken at the moment but shes getting there slowly so hopefully I will be home more often.

BL x

Hey bookworm, Plsd to hear the ankle is on the mend. How long before you are up and about?

Wannabslim half a pound is better than a gain. Remember every little adds up. If you feel tempted into being naughty log on and write about it, Thats normally enough to stop me picking.
(little pickers wear big knickers!) mine are huge.....

Good luck with the week everyone and it's good to hear your ok bookworm xx

Thanks Ugg hun- my loss was somewhere between 1 and 2 lbs tho not 0.5lbs :D so i guess its not too bad and i shouldnt expect too much more... its just as week 1 i would have hoped for a little more :( x

Hiya Ugg!... God knows when the pin comes out (and I belong to a family of doctors! They tell me nothing) All I know is that it will come out and it is feeling better every day. I'm hobbling around on crutches and feeling much better. I doubt I'll lose much of the weight I gained since breaking it, until I'm up and about again. I'm sticking to the diet well this week so hopefully I'll bottom out. We can do this girls and boys... what chance has a bucket of fast against the lot of us.

Bookworm i hope your ankle heals quickly. I havent spoken to you before i dont think i only joined here yesterday but thought i would send you my best wishes.

Ive just been on the boots website they have 3 for 2 on SF at the mo plus 200 extra points when you spend over £10 so i got a 24 pack of the caramel snack bars, 6 pack of vanilla ready to drink shakes and a 6 pack of the chicken and mushroom soup. Cost me £21.90 which isnt bad i dont think.

monica xx

Well thank you cat and welcome to the mad house.I've just sent hubby (the man's a saint to stick me for over 30 years) to Boots to stock up, so thanks for the info. I love all the shakes except Strawberry and the caramel snack bars are fantastic. Best of luck love and keep in touch.

thankyou bookworm your hubby does sound fab going to boots for you to stock up! Mine wouldnt lol thats why i did my shopping online! Ive decided on my newbie thread to keep a diary of what i eat and drink ive a feeling ive got the completely wrong idea so feel free to have a look and correct me anybody!

Monica x

Hi Monica,
I posted on your thread and don't worry you are completely on track and doing well. When I first started I couldn't believe I could eat so much and have yummy snacks and still lose weight but you can.
I was in boots today just for a top up of shakes and they are 3 for 2 in store as well. I need to do a big SF shop but have enough shakes, powder and bars to last a few days so think I might do an online shop.
Bookworm what a lovely hubby! You're one lucky lady!

BL x

Back