Where to start? Calling all experts

Leyla

Hi everyone

I just joined the forum. I am 37, just had my 2nd child 8wks ago. I'm breastfeeding. I live abroad but am from the UK. So, I want to lose about 50lbs. I'm 5'6 weighing around 15stone and about a size 20-22 right now.

So, according to my profile, I really need advice on how to start, what to do and how to make and achieve realistic goals. Also practical tips such as drink water, etc....

one of my main problems is I need to learn how to say 'no'. How do you build willpower?

Can anyone kick start me please?

Have you thought about doing Slimming World Leyla?

A diet like Slimming World which is about healthy eating would be a good option for you right now and the support from the other members would keep you focused and motivated.

When you are breast feeding it is not a good idea to go on any sort of crash diet as your body is burning calories to make milk for your baby. You typically burn about 500 calories a day when breasting feeding and it is something like 20 calories are used to make one ounce of breast milk.

Have a look in the Slimming World forums as it is amazing the amount of food you can eat and still lose weight.

Here is a link for the Slimming World Forum here

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/

I breast fed my son until he was 2 1/2 and he has grown up big and strong:p

Hi, Congratulations on the birth of your knew baby. I have been doing a diet with go-lower which is a low carb diet. It's really simple to follow as all the meals and snacks are provided & are really enjoyable. So you find yourself not thinking about food as much,

Congrats on your new baby :D

Im simply calorie counting - im only eating 1,000 calories a day and I take supplements (cod liver oil, vit c and zinc, multivitamins and iron, glucosamine sulphate lol)

I go for a 30 minute walk on my lunch at work - medium pace :D

Motivation - My health and to feel better about myself. I know there will always be hard times but with the help of this forum and so many people going through the same - it can be done!!!

Back