Whey?

ALICE2013

Can anyone remind me of uses for whey? I'm collecting quite a quantity at the minute as I am loving my new Lakeland electric yoghurt-maker :rolleyes:. Can we freeze it? How long does it last in the fridge? Can you put some in some jelly instead of some of the water and still have it set? I know it is an excellent source of protein so I don't want to waste it but am stumped.:confused:

I'm sorry I don't know - mine goes straight down the sink!!! Didn't know it had any uses - although on second thought little miss muffet liked it!! ;-) glad you are liking your yoghurt maker - I would be totally lost without mine!!

Think about the really expensive huge bottles of whey-protein-powder in holland and barrett - maybe we all need to club together and sell our whey!

I like that you can substitute it for any milk or water in recipes, how to give a great protein boost to the kids treats! And apparently it is great for soaking dried pulses/beans in overnight (I know we can't have them at the minute but long-term we will)

I didn't know that! I thought it was just a liquid that gathered on top of yoghurt and that you threw it away!!! You learn something every day!! Thank you :)

Back