which comes first ?

amethyst

Banned
give up smoking or weight?

i am going to get to goal comfortably and then going to give up smoking!

When I stoped smoking I put on over 1st. in 4 months and have only just lost it again after starting SW. I'ts had to move it when it goes on that quick. You have a fab weight loss so far, good luck when you give up the cigs!!!!!! xx

I did both at once! Its working really well for me, as I am saving buckets from not smoking and buying junk food!

Saved about £40 in a week probably, and it shows!

REWARD YOURSELF! I bought a game, went clubbing and bought a nice t-shirt for the money I would have spend on cigarettes/junk food. Its great!

There was a prog on the radio the other day and they said the most beneficial thing ANY woman can do is stop smoking.

After smoking, came eat healthily, take regular exercise, keep your weight down to a healthy level and drink a small glass of red wine a day apparently!! (that last one sounds dead easy!!:D)

Best of luck!:)

I stopped smoking then did the diet. Like Tina i did put on a little but to be honest i think that is more because I sustituted coffee and a cig with coffee and a few biscuits.

SMOKING !!!! I have given up smoking 3 months now and start CD next week. I have put about half a stone on in 3 months. You will feel the benefits of smoking straight away and my GP told me this was the best way to do it. Plus what you save on fags you can pay for your diet.

I stopped with Champix and felt great all the way through.

Good Luck xx

I agree - giving up smoking should come first.

I smoked for 25 years and recently started to feel very unhealthy. I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing - terrible.

Concerned that I'd put on weight when I quit, (I was already overweight) I started eating healthily 3 weeks before my planned quit date.

Since then, I've switched to W8 and to date, I've not smoked for 3 months, have lost 24lbs and I FEEL GREAT! (I also quit using Champix which helped incredibly, but I did suffer some nasty side-effects).

Good luck to everyone trying to quit - it is extremely difficult, but I believe if you really want to stop, you'll do it. And like others have said - just think of all the cash you'll save!

I stopped smoking 15 days ago now, I use to roll my own and due to health problems I decided I would stop and thats what I did. I rejoined ww last night so I say why wait after all we can make excuses for anything in life

I need to quit smoking; however I've just started my diet and I think that I'll try and shift some weight first. I want to give up the smoking, but I enjoy it...although I enjoy food and I've given that up ;)

Fab weightloss - well done :)

Smoking is the most damaging thing...and the most expensive...so I would give that up first.

Back