Which diet is your most reccomended?

What is your most reccomended diet & why?

• Total voters
Mine was Primal. At the mo I'm not on one but when I go back to one it will be Primal again as I like the restrictions on not eating cakes,biscuits etc.

Calorie Counting.

Hi,
I have tried different diets but was wondering which is your favourite? Which is the one that is working?
Please mention which one it is if you pick other
:)
Honestly...I've gone between 17 st 7 and 23 st in the past 7 years. By far the most stable, consistent and easy to to stick to I have ever done is what I'm doing at the mo...just eating less, moving more.! I wish I could have worked that out 10 years ago when I was just 1 stone overweight instead of 10 years of yo-yo-ing on slimming world, weight watchers, Cambridge, lipotrim, Atkins etc etc etc!!! Xx

I've tried various:

WW - lost 8 stone. Worked really well with my lifestyle (I was a student at the time). Put weight back on and have tried it twice since (old style points). Most successful was 2 years ago when I lost 4 stone.

Atkins - currently doing this. Tried it 13 years ago but only lased 2 weeks, and then switched to WW. In that 2 weeks I lost 20 lbs and thought it was a good cleanse. Right now I am doing it again (for last 5 weeks), and actually finding it much easier this time. I've lost 31 lbs so far. Successful because it fits in with my lifestyle. I'm no longer a student so can afford meat, am a better cook and no longer drink much. I also love that I am not hungry (although still have psychological cravings occasionally)

calorie counting - tried this a couple of times, but never really stuck to it. I found it annoying having to count everything.

food replacement - lipotrim I lasted 3 days, slim fast I lasted 1 day. Both times I felt it meant I thought about food far more than usual. I think it's doesn't help that I am gluten free, so shakes are the only thing I can use. Sometimes you just need to chew!

Overall I think the 'magic' answer is what ever you can stick to.

Last edited:
I picked Adkins.

Can only speak from my own experience so your mileage may vary.

For me, protein keeps me full for longer - I don't get cravings as much, and there is less brain fog. Meat does cost more, so I make do with a protein shake for breakfast, and keep a tub of it under my desk at work. If I have the time I have eggs, bacon, etc. I don't normally eat eggs or bacon now, so it's just the veggie protein shake)

For lunch I tend to stick to veggies or fruits (which baffles my colleagues), but that is the only way for me to not have an energy crash in the afternoon.

For dinner, my menu is a bit more flexible.

With that diet plan I managed to get down to 50.8kg (I AM SHORT). My weight has gone up due to exercising - my clothes still fit though I have become heavier.

Calorie counting.

I've tried slimfast several times and it can work, but it feels like you are starving yourself and get far hungrier, so more likely to give in to urge to eat stuff you shouldn't.

My OH was doing Slimming World for a while, so I was eating same stuff he was, but although we both lost some weight, we didn't get on with it long term.

Back to calorie counting for us.

I'm 66, I've tried so many "plans", I've lost count. I have read a lot in recent years and seriously considered the claims of all the different authors and self proclaimed experts. I am now convinced that eating food from simple ingredients is key. I do not eat anything "factory made" Everything is cooked from scratch, I've cut out wheat in all forms, sugar, rice and dairy - still missing my cheese very much. Currently doing an Elimination Diet, which has meant cutting out my beloved black coffee too.
I can say for certain that since the "experts" invented Low Fat the population has become fatter, since the American Food and Drink chains arrived on our high streets, the population has got fatter. I do not believe that nature made food to harm us - but manufacturers do. As children we had a TREAT of a biscuit sometimes, maybe a custard cream or a bourbon, now I see toddlers in pushchairs eating a cookie the size of a saucer. We used to have fairy cakes on Sundays - now small children are given Muffins daily - about 3 times the size.

Back