Which Diet?

This is all true. I think, I am going to wait until I weigh in on Saturday and then make a decision. If I do stick to it, I will only do another month of it, i think as you are right and i don't want to get to goal on a plan that doesn't help me long term.

Having talked it through on here, I think I will move to WW plan after Meal replacement. Just when remains to be seen.

I like Slimfast cos I am an evening eater, so having a slimfast for my breakfast and dinner (lunch if youre posh lol) suits me then I can have a fairly big meal for my tea ... plus if youre out for the day they are easily bought x

I was talking about this diet with a friend who lost a stone in 7 weeks with slimfast. My only thing with slimfast is in the sugar. I just can't get my head around having that much sugar on a diet. the shakes i have now are only like 3g sugar compared with about 23g on slimfast. I know a lot of people swear by it as a diet but I worry that would kick me right out of ketosis which is my best bud at the minute.

It is quite a cheap diet to follow though, which is a big plus for me. And I do love milkshakes-I will miss having milkshake for breakfast when I have to go back to three meals a day. I'm not even hungry now, but i am excited for my milkshake in the morning (yey!)

You don't go into ketosis on SF it's not a ketogenic diet

If your interested in a lower carb diet their are a couple doing a combo of Atkins/SW red days if you want to check out their diaries on the Atkins site. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You don't go into ketosis on SF it's not a ketogenic diet

As I suspected! Thank you for clarifying, you are very good. popping in to keep me right :D

If your interested in a lower carb diet their are a couple doing a combo of Atkins/SW red days if you want to check out their diaries on the Atkins site. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Ahh, I will have a look for those. Thanks. I have just been reading some SW diaries and I find it all very confusing. It doesn't seem to help that people have different ideas about how many syns things are.

Hey, I just thought i would quickly update this thread with my decision. I have just ordered a 28 day supply from S&S. In the end I think it was the fear that got me.

I opened my WW folder and books to start planning my next big shop, and started thinking about what I would have for breakfast. I love having a milkshake for breakfast as it really does fill me up all morning (I remember watching a programme about how liquid meals like soups stay in the stomach for longer leaving you fuller for longer), and I was worried that if I started having eggs, then I might start getting hunger pangs before lunch time, and I do not miss feeling hungry.

this diet has really put me in an eat to live mentality and I am worried that if I come of it so quickly, I just wont see the results I want in the time I have. So I went on to S&S and ordered one of their mixed 3 meal 28 day packs. It should arrive tomorrow, and I will start it on Tuesday. I know that at some point I will have to switch to WW, and I want to make that switch, but just not yet. If it ain't broke...

I am looking forward to using the S&S board which will certainly make this a less lonely diet, as DropWeight was definitely the road less travelled. Thank you for input, it really helped me to think through my options.

glad you've made a decision and good luck! x

Back