Which is better EE or Red Days

Abigail'sMummy

When I joined my group, my consultant said " we all do EE here" and didnt bother to talk about the EE or green day plans. I have just been going along with EE ever since. Ive read on one of the stickies, what Red days involves and it seems you have to really limit your carbs. Do you find you lose more weight on Red days. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. xx

Yes u limit ur carbs but u get 2 hex a's and 2 hex b's which u use for ur carbs I.e potatoes, pasta etc If u can't manage the third super free with all meals this is good.

There's a section on here for newbies which explains it beta but its what suits you really. I.ve always done red/green days. X

You don't lose more / less on any particular plan as such. It's just that we all have our preferences with regards to food so you should pick a plan that suits you. Personally I would say that vegetarians would usually be better off on the green plan. But most people want potatoes, pasta, rice, couscous, etc as well as some meats / fish at some point so EE is popular with lots of people.

It's a case of deciding which foods you most enjoy, and choose your plan accordingly.

I think it's all down to personal choice and what you like to eat. I'm not a huge fan of vegetables, and I don't like any salad so I really struggle to have one third superfree at every meal, which means I struggle with EE :)

I struggle with EE most of the time as I know I don't eat enough superfree. Red days are better for me but I do like the flexibility of changing plans depending on my mood.

I think it's all down to personal choice and what you like to eat. I'm not a huge fan of vegetables, and I don't like any salad so I really struggle to have one third superfree at every meal, which means I struggle with EE :)
This post could be me posting it. I am exactly the same, never liked salad and not keen on veg BUT love fruit. I tried ee for a week and gave up, have lost 2.5stone and got to target in July and am still at target now. Love my red and green days, and you can still have pasta,pots etc on a red day, and meat on a green day. You just heb them, S W is fantastic:D:D:D

When I joined my group, my consultant said " we all do EE here" and didnt bother to talk about the EE or green day plans. I have just been going along with EE ever since. Ive read on one of the stickies, what Red days involves and it seems you have to really limit your carbs. Do you find you lose more weight on Red days. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. xx
This really annoys me when only the ee is mentioned! Not everyone can do ee and S W have got three plans. Many people may give up if ee doesnt suit them or their tastes. I know its mentioned in the pack but newbies should at least be told about the other two plans. I did S W years ago when it was only red and green so after a week of struggling on ee I knew I could get my weight off with the red and green plans. :sigh:

It annoys me when I hear of consultants only promoting EE! :mad:

I only do Red & Green as I eat too much on EE and don't loose any weight following it, I do mostly Red with a few Green and this works better for me :)

So we are in the "Mention more about red and green plans club then Vanilla cupcake" lol

Yeah definitely, it annoys me, even the magazines are all about EE when SW know alot of people still follow Red & Green, I LOVE the concept of EE but I just don't know when to stop when I follow it, I just eat eat & eat on it :sigh: and don't feel like i'm on a proper diet! I'll be doing EE on New Years Day at my mummy's for dinner and my plate will be piled high with veg, I do miss my 2 A's & B's when doing EE, love that Red & green gives you two of each! :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I agree with you all. It would have been nice to get a choice really as maybe if I had tried red days to start off with, I may have prefered that because I must admit I would most definitely prefer more HEA and HEB, as opposed to endless chips, pasta etc. But then, I like my veg..I may try it one week to see how I go on it. xx

I used to do red and green (mainly green in all honesty as didnt have much cash when i first started - was saving for a wedding as well as losing weight for it).

I quite like extra easy but the main reason is because you can have a bit of both. e.g. spaghetti and bolognaise or curry and rice. On a red day you can have spaghetti as a healthy extra but has to be wholemeal :-( and you also cant have rice (even brown rice) with a curry without synning it.

i used to do green - and have the meat as a healthy extra. Chicken portion size was ok as a healthy extra but minced beef used to be something limited like 57g. this suited me anyway as used 250g and shared it into a meal for 4. i cant remember much of the other amounts.

We used to use a bit of quorn but my husband cant stand the stuff (so no need now on extra easy haha). I do occaisionally do a red or green day but depends, say for a bbq a red day is a good idea whereas if i wanted to make a lasagne a green day means i can add plenty of cheese into it. only problem is the lack of meat in my lasagne then.

I do think they should give people more choice tho in the classes, ours mentions red or green as an alternative (but only for those who dont seem to be losing on extra easy). saying that they dont actually tell you anything about it. lol

Hi, I prefer red to EE because of the extra Hex's and also because I am too lazy to worry about getting 1/3 superfree food into my meals.

That said, I do like the freedom on EE of being able to have curry and rice, lasagne, spag bol etc.. When I am on red I have to use syns if I want some rice etc.

When I did sw last year I got better losses on red but still lost on EE. But my friend loses more weight on green than anything else so I think it just depends. I also find that I am more full on red days as protein fills me up where as things like pasta and potatoes fill me up temporarily but I soon get hungry again. That is just me though and I know some people are the opposite.

How awful that your rep didn't give you the choice though!! Good luck with the plan, it is great and really does work.

My world is red :D I find I get better results. I tend to do EE at weekend and red days on week days. I think limiting carbs is what works for me as on EE I would tend to overdo it on pasta etc.

My world is red :D I find I get better results. I tend to do EE at weekend and red days on week days. I think limiting carbs is what works for me as on EE I would tend to overdo it on pasta etc.
Must admit I do red and green, usually 5 red and two green. I have a problem with rice, just dont know when to stop eating it. I make a chilli with heb extra lean mince (now gone up to 90g)toms,onions,and lots and lots of hottttttttttt crushed chillies;this is one of my fave meals. I can eat loads of rice and pasta and not feel bloated, perhaps if I did I wouldnt eat so much of it, but I still lose on green. Everyone is so different, but s w should really focus on all three plans not just the one. Its interesting that the green packs are being replaced by the orange!!! Is this a subliminal message I wonder ha ha:wave_cry:

Back