Which Laxatives?!

i have movement, but not as much as usual. am wondering if movical will be too much and if senna tablets may be better.

defs phsyllum husks - either in the powder form mixed with shake or capsules

Lara,

Are you having bars? They give you wind :(

Nope. Perhaps it is one of those things that will wear off - hope so!

Never tasted a bar and never been offered them. I think I might eat them all in one go if I did! lol

Definitely take Movicol to 'get things moving'!
BUT
You need to address the underlying problem which is lack of fibre in your diet. If you don't then you'll keep on taking laxatives and your bowels will get even more lazy. You'll get piles, pain etc
I'd recommend psyllium husks - taken every day. You can mix the powder with shakes and soups but start with a small amout (teaspoon) and add gradually until you have a consistency that you like (everyone is different)!
I also make porridge - hot shake (toffee & walnut or Vanilla). Shake on 2 dessertspoons of powder and whisk with a fork until smooth. A bit like semolina. I sprinkle cinnamon on top. If you like this it's a great source of fibre and should keep you regular - I have it every couple of days at least!

wooohoo!

bought psyllium husk powder today and added it to my butterscotch shake! really yummy especially if you need something filling!

was just wondering, they don't alter the diet in any way do they? Is it carbohydrate?

and secondly, i saw somewhere that someone has recipes for it.I just can't remember who that was or where i saw it!

Anita xxx

PURE psyllium husks contain no carbs or cals - you can't digest them ... they just absorb water, bulk up and 'move along' :)

Make quite sure that when you buy them, they have NO additives (probiotics / digestive aids) because they CAN contain carbs.

Here's a link to the company I buy them from online. Very fast delivery and a reasonable price.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

well...i had my first tea spoon of the fibre89 stuff about 2 hours ago...and lets just say its done the job :)

I have a real problem with this on CD. :( I can't stand the psyllium powder, it makes me gag, it's interesting to read about the capsules I might see if I can find some tomorrow.

However this movical interests me. Can I take it as a preventative measure, and if so how much? Really get quite impacted :eek: sorry if tmi but I really muct try and avoid that this time. It's one of the reasons I end up breaking this diet every time.

So if i take 1 sachet a day will it keep me ticking over? I know I won't go every day on this diet I just want to keep things moving! :D

Thanks!

K xx

If you're impacted, you can take up to 8 sachets in a day. You should then need only one or two a day to keep things moving. They must be mixed with the correct amount of water, as the water becomes the active ingredient. You can also get them on prescription if you have a nice gp who will prescribe them for you!

Back