which plan to follow?

as my name suggests have been doing cambridge on and off for the last 3 years, lost 4 stone 1st time around and have never been able to get through the 1st few days again.

so i am thinking of doing something different.

i want something where i can eat: any fruit or veg,quorn, chicken, mince

but i really want to cut out:
pasta, potato, bread

i looked at slimming world green but seems more carb based

atkins seems very meaty and high in fat and restricting in fruit & veg

any suggestions for a healthy eating plan that is not complicated!!

thanks

Calorie counting? Eat what you want when you want and if you can work out a few times a week you can have quite naughty things too lol there's some great apps and websites for logging your intake which I absolutely recommend!

A good freind did Rosemary Conley and lost loads! The workout is included in your weekly fee which is good! But I'm not sure what you can eat? She did eat loads of quorn chilli tho! It's still her speciality dish now lol good luck finding a good plan!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Might Dukan work for you? I've not tried it, but from what I've read it seems to be the sort of thing that might more-or-less fit what you want to do.

Failing that, why not just calorie count? You can eat whatever you want on that, as long as the calories balance out. I'm eating fresh foods, lots of fruit and veg and have just cut out the crud from my diet. Seems to be working ok for me.

What's Rosemary Conley like as a diet?

how about weight watchers!!

i know i would'nt stick to calorie counting hence doing cambridge for so long.
Dukan seems to be very restricting on the fruit front

thanks

Moog, I'm not sure but I think it's similar to WW/SW? They give you some portion scoops to use for different foods which is good and there's an aerobics session with every weigh in? Both of which are fab ideas really!! The recipes my freind cooked seemed to be just balanced food groups low fat low cal sort of stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

you count points ,,not much faffing about really but you weigh your food yes,,very handy if your out shopping and need a quck sandwich as tesco do there own brands already pro pointed and cheaper than ww,,same with biscuits and meals:)

To be honest, you're not going to find a diet that won't involve some faffing and effort that will give you decent results! Whichever diet that you do, that isn't a total meal replacement diet like Cambridge, will involve you having to count, weigh etc. So ask yourself this question, what do you want more... the ease of no counting etc. or to lose the weight? I don't mean that as harshly as it may sound, so if you take offence then I apologise. I just mean as in their is no easy care free way to do this! So you just have to find the counting method that works best for you.

as my name suggests have been doing cambridge on and off for the last 3 years, lost 4 stone 1st time around and have never been able to get through the 1st few days again.

so i am thinking of doing something different.

i want something where i can eat: any fruit or veg,quorn, chicken, mince

but i really want to cut out:
pasta, potato, bread

i looked at slimming world green but seems more carb based

atkins seems very meaty and high in fat and restricting in fruit & veg

any suggestions for a healthy eating plan that is not complicated!!

thanks
sounds like SW matches your requirments? RED day eat meats etc but syn your carb foods??

Every diet/healthy eating plan works just depends how commited you are to make the changes..

good luck x

How about SW - if you stick to the red plan carbs are not included unless you choose to incorporate them (syns or HEX) but fruit, veg, quorn, fish and lean meat is unlimited.

I probably am a little biased as I just LOVE SW, but it's definitely an option :)

I would recommend SW Red as there's very little faffing around to be done as most of your food intake will be 'free'. As has been said you just need to count syns if you use them and your Healthy Extras.

Back