Which products do I like?

Lose2Win

True Believer
So I'm currently on CD and a buddy on here recommended Slim and Save. I've previously tried Lipotrim which I managed to tolerate for 1 week. Before I committed myself I thought I'd try the Slim and Save products. They allow you to order samples so I ordered one of everything that I might like, which in fact was everything they stock except, coffe (yuk), vanilla and strawberry.

So below is what I've ordered and once I've tried each one I'll comment on whether I like them or not. I can then decide whether there is enough for me to change over from CD.

BARS

Honey & Nougat Not so nice
Lemon, Yoghurt & White Chocolate Yummy
Dark Chocolate Truffa Nice
Muesli Bars OK

SOUP

Mushroom Soup Yuk
Chicken Soup Really not good
Vegetable SoupYuk

PORRIDGE

Sweet Porridge/Oatmeal OMG YUCK

MEALS

Spaghetti Bolognese Yum
Cottage Pie Nice

SHAKES

Chocolate
Caramel
Summer Fruits
Banana ok but has artifical after taste
Hazelnut

WATER FLAVOURING

VLCD Water Flavouring - Summer Berry Not good

The delivery came really quickly which was very impressive. On a low note they forgot to include my water flavouring. However having said that when I e-mailed them to tell them they responded in less than 15 minutes and promised to dispatch them today so I should get it by Saturday or Monday :).

Last edited:
Hope you like enough of them to make the switch as it really is cost effective. There are a few people on here who have switched from CD and some people prefer some of the CD things and some of the S&S things so do a mixture. You could perhaps do a couple of weeks on CD and just get the things that you prefer to the S&S products so that you have a stock of those and then mix and match? The tetras are the things that most people on here would like I think for the convenience of being out and about and being able to take a ready made up shake with them. I get round that by taking a bar and an Atkins shake that keeps ketosis if I'm out for the day. Although the Atkins shakes are not a meal replacement I figure that every once in a while won't be too damaging and I take a multi vit anyway. I suppose there's nothing to stop you from having 2 bars as a one off if you go out as the carbs shouldn't kick you out of ketosis if you only have 3 packs per day.

I like most of the S&S products but for me the cottage pie is :yuk: but some people like it so it's all down to personal taste. The shakes are pretty sweet in my view so if you hate sweet things you may not like them. Definitely taste them first before adding sweetener! Of the shakes you haven't got, the coffee is ok but sounds like you're not going to like that anyway, I really like the strawberry, and the vanilla is OK but not much flavour really compared to the others. I haven't actually tried the Forest Fruits one yet though. And I don't know about the water flavourings as I don't use those.

I'm not a fan of the honey bar either Lose2Win - although tastes often change over the diet or so I've heard! Personally I reaaaally like the Lemon bars and quite like the occasional chocolate truffle bar (not a big chocolate fan otherwise they'd probably be ranked higher). Spag bol is a favourite with almost everyone here though ;) I'd be interested to know how you find the water flavourings as I haven't tried them yet. Have fun with the samples and hope you make the switch!

I'm not a honey and nougat fan either. It tastes of honey (no kidding! ;) ) and I'm not a lover of that. I love the lemon and the choc truffa, and the muesli one is ok. I have got a variety of the other ones (they used to do a almond and maple and a banana one too) but mostly choose the lemon or truffa ones. I can't do without my bar fix for lunch though :)

Almost everyone likes the spag bol so you're in good company with that :)

I tried the porridge this afternoon - OMG what a weird taste. It was kinda foamy and bland. Won't be trying that again!!

I love the porridge, especially with a bit of cinnamon. Do CD have a different tasting porridge? I assumed that these things were much the same.

BordersGirl said:
I love the porridge, especially with a bit of cinnamon. Do CD have a different tasting porridge? I assumed that these things were much the same.

Oh no CD's porridge is much different and it comes in 3 varieties - plan, maple & apple n cinnamon.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had chicken soup for dinner and it tastes horrible. Not to my liking at all :(.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hardly ever have the soups. A shake for breakfast, bar for lunch and spag bol or porridge in the evening works for me.

I quite like the chicken soup on occasion :eek: In regards to porridge flavours, the brand that does Slim and Save products also does a maple and also an apple and cinnnamon flavour although I haven't tried them. I'm generally a two shakes and a meal girl though, with a bar once or twice a week.

I've tried both the maple and apply varieties but they're the same texture as the original that S&S sell so if it's the texture that lose2win doesn't like then that's not going to help I think. I'm also not sure whether the flavoured varieties are MRP products which is presumably why S&S don't sell them. I love the porridge tho and have it at least 3 or 4 times a week. Interestingly I didn't like it to start with but then I tried again a few weeks in and loved it. I'm sure your tastes change after a bit.

I mix it with water and then if I fancy some of the milk in a cup of coffee I have it in that. I don't drink a lot of coffee but do like the odd cup and I really don't like black coffee. I used to mix it with milk when I first had it though, then had half milk and half water, and now just water.

I made another order today and I can't wait for it to come. I'm so looking forward to eating spag Bol tomorrow :drool: I ordered that cottage pie and a few bars. I've ordered so much I hope I don't get bored of them. I don't intend to eat more than 1 a day, so they should last me a month.

My stuff didn't come today. I am sooo disappointed :( :(. I've just eaten a cd porridge and it is so not as nice as spag Bol :(

Awww I feel to give you a spag Bol pack! That first post was so excited xxx

Back