Which Tesco bars are allowed?

wirralmum

Hello everyone, newbie to SnS here :)

I lost 16lb since the beginning of the year by calorie counting/exercise, but now my losses have slowed down and I would like to lose as much as I can by my brother's wedding in May. I had a look at the various VLCDs and decided on SnS because a) you can order online, b) you don't need to attend a class, and c) the sample meals I got were yummy!

Just a quick question for those 'in the know' - I've read loads of your posts on here and heard some of you mention that some meal replacement bars are available from Tesco - I just wonder if someone could tell me which bars these are?

Last edited:
They are the Tesco Ultraslim bars but be aware that although they are bigger they have more calories and carbs than the S&S bars so watch that with whatever else you're having they don't push you out of ketosis.

its not authorised as such to swap bars but some, like me, do use other bars. The ones in Tesco are their own ultraslim bars. They are £2.99 for a box of three. Although they are bigger in size than the s&s you have to consider that they are more calories.

I have also used the biggest loser meal replacement bars and some Atkins bars and my weight loss has been good so far.

Good to know theres a choice and if im out and im stuck it could save me from eating something way of track : )

I like the Atkins advantage bars as they are meal replacement bars (be careful as not all Atkins bars are, some are snacks) they're about 40 Cals more but much less carbs, and taste much better than the S&S ones (yes, even the chocolate Truffa one! Shock!) and obviously much bigger too :D

The caramel chocolate brownie is my fave that I have tried so far.... mmmmmmmmm I'm so doin Atkins after I finished S&S!!! Lol

its the choc brownie Atkins one I have got and its lovely. They were on offer in my local superdrug for 49p! Think it was stock this particular store was not ment to hold so they were on offer but I would keep a look out for any offers as they are handy to chuck in your handbag as a back up when you're out and about.

Yeah I order them online. They work out about £1 or something per bar. Yuuuuummmmmyyyy!!

How do you know if the Atkins ones are MRP bars? Someone at work bought an advantage one and I couldn't see anywhere where it said it was an MRP bar and gave RDA info.

I think it is just the advantage ones which are meal replacement bars. They say on them that they "are suitable for all phases of the Atkins diets".
I adore the chocolate and orange one - sublime!

BordersGirl said:
How do you know if the Atkins ones are MRP bars? Someone at work bought an advantage one and I couldn't see anywhere where it said it was an MRP bar and gave RDA info.

It says it on their website. As Atkins isn't a MRP they don't advertise like that, but they're classed as a meal, same as the Atkins shakes. But only the Atkins Advantage bars are suitable as MRP. The others are just snacks and yummy treats. :D

Thanks so much for all the replies :)

I just thought it would be handy to have a pack of them in, in case I'm waiting for a Slim & Save delivery that hasn't arrived! Hopefully it won't come to that as from what everyone says on here, they are usually quick with their deliveries.

Haven't tried the chocolate bar yet, but thought the lemon one I tried was yummy (and suprisingly filling!) I also love the porridge and have just had the chilli for my tea which was lovely. Haven't tried any of the others yet, but I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Have been a bit hungry today though, so looking forward to ketosis kicking in!

Kiika where do you buy them from online? im after some, as im not keen on the tesco ones and getting really bored with the BL ones? i fancy a change

Pinklady1911 said:
Kiika where do you buy them from online? im after some, as im not keen on the tesco ones and getting really bored with the BL ones? i fancy a change

I bought then from an eBay shop. I cant remember which. I'll have a look when i get home :)

ooooh fab, im looking on there now, but they are about £2 a bar, which is about the normal price i suppose! im going to try some, the cookie and cream one sounds nice and the caramel choc ones :)

Pinklady1911 said:
ooooh fab, im looking on there now, but they are about £2 a bar, which is about the normal price i suppose! im going to try some, the cookie and cream one sounds nice and the caramel choc ones :)

I bought them from PowerBody on eBay. About £1.30 - £1.50 so on a par with S&S :D

Brilliant, thank you for that! i will have a looksi now :)

And £20.59 for a box of 15! Lot's of choices, but I'm still not sure I've heard a lot of people saying no to Atkins Bars

Back