Which to choose? Confused???

I've previously done LL but now on exante.
I find the packs on exante nicer than LL (although I find the soups blurgg - but found the same with LL soups too (prob just my taste). I liked exante because;
a) price (its costing me about £30/week)
b) I didn't need to get a form signed by my GP (you're asked questions though to ascertain that you're safe to do diet)

This disadvantage is there is no group support (but I get that on here anyway). And also you cannot "try before you buy". I also think the "offers" are arranged in such a way that you end up buying more than you need.

Having said this its MUCH cheaper than LL and I'm losing weight, so I'm happy!

Good luck. First few days are very hard and you feel pretty awful, but you soon get over it, then is soooo worth it! x

Thanks Allie. Glad it's working for you, might have another look at the Exante site too.

I'm not looking forward to the first few days but hopefully it will be fairly quick, but I'm used to headaches and feeling tired so should be ok with that, not sure how I will cope with the hunger though... I'm a sucker for Haribo too and not sure how I will manage without them :( but I will....

I decided to go for S&S as I liked the options of the meals with some veg as opposed to just the soup/shaes/bars on Exante. Have placed my first order and just trying to decide when to start. I have started a thread in the S&S forum and may well start a diary just for my own sanity, haha!

Thanks to everyone for their answers and help :)

Good luck, Sun & Moon. It's great you've made a decision and you'll see results soon by sticking 100% to the programme.

You are right that thin people can be critical and say people regain on vlcds. They do regain - but only if they haven't a) addressed any underlying issues/unhappinesses and b) been highly committed to creating and sustaining a new way of eating when at goal and c) weighed daily at goal and taken action if 2lbs up. there's some interesting longitudinal reserach from teh american national control registry on how people keep weight off.

So I believe the real work of staying tin starts when we reach our goal - and that we have to be vigilant for a long time (and some of us will have to be vigilant forever) as we have lived with fat or weight gaining habits for so long!

I do teh Alizonne vlcd but as there aren't many of us the S&S folk are kind enough to let me hang out with them - so Ill see you around. I look forward to hearing how it's going.

Ali

Thanks for your encouragement AliGal, I looked at the one you do but no centre near me. I am feeling positive so far, but it's easy to be positive when you have yet to start. I keep changing my mind on my start date, I am so rubbish when it comes to decision making, haha!

If I manage to shift the weight, I will def eat better once at goal, my current weight is historical from some bad times, and I'm now all about a new positive, happy me, so those issues are addressed so hopefully once it's gone it will stay gone :)

Good luck with yours, you seem to be doing really well :)

Sun&Moon,

Thank you!

Just start! Something will always come up, so it's time to just do it. Take lots of care in how you talk about it. Being positive is a choice, and one we may have to take repeatedly to support ourselves. Create the feeling that you will feel positrive when you have started. You'll do a great job!

It won't stay gone if we don't learn new ways of eating - the ways the thin people use. My GP said today that starting to have a real protein meal is part of learning how to manage portions. I'll be transitioning onto that phase in about 2 stones time. the protein servings will be much smaller than I have been used to eating. There's a great new thread on here of hints and tips on staying at goal. Lots for us to learn.

Good luck whenever you do start!

Ali

Thanks Ali, I did start, I'm now on day 3, figured may as well just go for it, no point keep putting it off. So far it's been fine, have had a few cravings but out of habit more than desire, and have found cutting up one of the S&S bars in to small pieces satisfies my desire for sweets of an evening. I was a terrible Haribo addict.

You're right bout re-educating etc, good luck with yours, you seem so determined and have done amazingly well so far, am sure you'll do it :)

Well done, Sun&Moon - that's fabulous! It's great you are noticing the behaviour and finding ways to handle it.

Keep us posted,

Ali

Will do :) I have a diary in the diaries thread, which I'm using just so I can see my own journey, so to speak...

Thanks for the support :)

i was just thinking the same which vlcd to do and then found this thread, i have just ordered the sample bundle for slim and save! i have tried cd and ww and do well for first 5 weeks and fail on cd this time thought i couldnt get past day 1 i got til about 11pm and went and had 2 toast and then was so dissapointed in myself i just quit but i been unwell last few days with sickness bug and i just feel so low i cant go on with all this weight i need to shift atleast 4 stone! , i am working 30 hours for 2 weeks from next week so i am thinking this will be good as will take my mind off it as i will be busy to think about food! as if i just start at home i will be bored and look for food...

sorry for a whinge but feel very low today.xx

Back