Whisk-Mugs

clairelesley

Fairy Princess to Be
I've noticed a lot of people swear by 'em and I'm tempted to try coz I feel like I'm losing half of my packs getting stuck in my blender stick-thing. The only one I've spotted online is the 'Coffee Magic' one?
I know Leah said she got hers from EBay but I think someone said they'd got one from a pound-saver shop and I wondered which one? I can't find the post now and delivery (ergo EBay or Amazon) isn't a convenient option for me here.
So, has anyone seen these or similar in shops and, if so, where?
Many thanks in advance
:thankyou:

Hi Claire

I love my coffee magic mug and look everywhere I go (and I travel to over 40 town centres some weeks) in case I can buy one from the high street anywhere, but not had any luck yet.

I now have 4 - all from ebay, although my first one is past it's best and needs binning.

I will keep my eyes open though and let you know what I come accross on my travels.

A
x

Wooo!!! I got a mention.
I could buy one and send it to you if that helps? xxx

I must be doing something wrong with mine, because I used it and it just got clogged up with lumps of powder :sigh:. Haven't tried it again since. Amber34 - any tips on where I'm going wrong would be well received, how do you use yours?

thanks

Thank you guys!
Thanks Leah - the problem is actually the delivery aspect coz I'm out at work and if I miss delivery all the depots seem to be miles away and there doesn't even seem to be a post office near enough to where I work at the moment to arrange collection from there.
Hopefully someone will spot something (thanks Amber) and if not I can do it online when I get home in a couple of weeks.
:wavey:

gotta be honest
i got a coffee magic mug off ebay and loved it - - - for two days - - then teh swirly wheely whizzer thing fell off AND when i tried to unscrew the mug into two halves so i could wash the non mechanical part - the actual mug bit cracked

since then ive managed with an aerolatte and a fork

but i wont judge - perhaps i got a faulty one!

I usually put just enough cold water in to cover the whisk, a little buit of hot then add my sachet. Once that is smooth, I add the rest of the hot water, whisking all the time. I have never tried to make a cold shake in them though and always use my smoothie maker for cold ones so I can add ice - I wonder if that is what is different?

I must admit I received one from ebay that didn't work properly, but I dropped him a quick email and had a new one within a few days and didn't have to return the faulty one. Basically, they are a cheapo, non-quality product that have potential to fall apart very quickly, but they cause a lot less fuss and washing up than using my smoothie maker or even stick blender.

I had lumps at the beginning but i tried various ways of mixing.

I put the right amount of water in the cup, and press the whisk button. I then add the sachet into the "whirlpool" bit by bit and voila - No lumps.
Been using it for months now, hot or cold!

And with washing, mine has been accidentaly submerged a few times and still works brilliantly.

It keeps getting scratched cos i keep my engagement ring on while washing dishes so the diamond has cut a few nice big scratches.
I tend to fill it to the brim with hot water and washing up liquid and whizz!!! Hahaha brilliant xxxx

I had lumps at the beginning but i tried various ways of mixing.

I put the right amount of water in the cup, and press the whisk button. I then add the sachet into the "whirlpool" bit by bit and voila - No lumps.
Been using it for months now, hot or cold!

That's exactly what I did - but I ended up with a lumpy mess! I'll give it another go before I consign it to the bin!

HI I just bought two in town on monday. They are brill for work!!! they cost me £1.oo each and I got them from pound city not pound land. P.s I live in glasgow so it was glasgow city centre.
i'm sure there are others around though!!! x

Back