Who has bought their Xmas/Newyear outfit ?

I havnt worn a dress since my school leavers dance :( mind you I was a size 10 then. I won't be wearing one this year either, will probably go online hunting for nice tops. I bought a pair of bench straight leg jeans (half price at £30!) In a 14 which I want to be in by Xmas. I don't buy anything in my current size anymore, it's all 12/14's, and yes, lots with labels on!

Now to look at those dresses you've all posted... xx

The Vivien of Holloway dresses flatter every body shape - you just need to read the measurements carefully when you order and make sure you get the right waist size. AND even larger busted ladies can go bra-less because of the boning, so you can skip the whole 'which bra for the dress' nightmare (the one where you try a bra, put the dress on, take the dress off, try another bra, put the dress on, take the dress off, etc, etc. until you're all hot and bothered and really can't be arsed to go out any more.) Or is that just me?!

Yes! I've got my new coat from Marks and Spencer(ordered it last night) for Christmas day. I'd tried it on last week in the shop (a bit tight) and had to order it now in case they sold it (I would have been devastated) That's my excuse anyway but the plan is not to wear it til Christmas Day when HOPEFULLY i will have reached my Club Ten!!!

Don't know how to do links really. Loved all your pics but rubbish at technology myself. Anyway, I'm thrilled with the idea of my new winter totally impractical coat! It's cream and from the unlimited collection, three-quarter length sleeves and so so cosy

Dont worry, its not just you, its me all over that. Spent £40 on a strapless bra from johnlewis all because iv got big boobs and a cheapy one from lasenza etc was just nto doing the job!

I have!!! Im on a budget this year, as I have changed shape so much nd have no intention of being this size again, Hubby has told me that I cant spend a lot on my Christmas outfit, so....a silver sequin halter neck top from Matalan at £14 and a skirt that my MIL hasnt worn, but doesnt fit her! Still looking for some nice shoes, or failing that I can always recycle what I have!

I got a size 12, pure silk deep crimson wrap dress its just beautiful, when i got it i was a size 14, now im a 12, and nearly fits, so christmas day i will be wearing it . x

WOW WOW WOW is all I'll say on all the chosen clothes so far. Got a top today for my 1st function, got it home and a little tight but still got time, lovely black satin number with long sleeves in a military style (if not it'll be fab on NYE). Need to find a ballgown/long evening dress for the 10th of December though but no clue where to look as it needs to be online or a German shop. Then there's the shoe issue as don't think I'll be wearing heels.

Love that top Julz - very versatile too. If you got a black silky pencil skirt it would be like a dress, or with heels and boots more sexy casual.

I love my Vivien of Holloway dress(es), but it's always that thing of waiting for an occasion. Although it's Dotty Day at school for children in need - that's a good enough excuse for the black with white spots one as far as I'm concerned!

Saturday I've got Salon Rouge Burlesque Night to go to (Salon Rouge, Cambridge (21.11.09) | ShakeItDoll.com), so will probably wear the black silky one. Not sure about christmas yet depends if I lose enough weight to fit into the smaller red one. Hmmm.

its my birthday on wednesday (yay!) and ive organised joint drinks with my friend whos birthday is on saturday.
I have got this dress....
Shinning Paillette Club Little Black Dress 00008 Sz 16 on eBay (end time 19-Nov-09 18:03:32 GMT)
and i love it!!! its a 16 which im really happy with cause this time last year i wouldnt have DREAMED of choosing that size!! lol
well it would no way have fitted!
Plus i wouldnt have worn a DRESS! it ould have been leggings and a top or jeans and TRY to dress it up!
I got these shoes tonight,
Black sequin peep-toe shoes - High heels - Shoes - Dorothy Perkins
a lace shrug and tights and i cant wait to wear it all! lol
PS fern - that dress is banging!! hope u have got some killer heels to wear with it and some good bling!!
and i love the tops from asda - had my eye on them too!! x
omg ive fallen in love with these shoes there fantastic.was gonna buy some but they are out of stock everywhere but luckily ive managed to track down the last size 6 thank god.now i got my shoes but have nothing else yet hoping to get a lovely sequin top to match shoes hopefully.
hope i can walk in them though ha ha:D

im a shopoholic lol ive bought loads of new things to many to list i have no xmas partys to go to though this year :sigh:

Oh Natasha! You need to get something organised then!
If you talk to your girly / lady friends you'll find that a lot of them are in the same situation.
Maybe we should set up a thread where people recommend nights out that are 'lovely clothes' friendly, by area of course.
Even somewhere special to go once a month is a really good incentive to stick to the plan!

xx

im gonna speak to some of the mothers at my kids school later and arrange a night out and gonna try fit in some excercise this week tonight and tommorow as my hubbys on GMTV in the morning so i have the house to myself well apart from the kids lol

Back