who is doing Race for Life

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Im going to try and run it aiming for under 35 mins

I did this 5years ago and loved it!! I did walk majority of the way though haha

Me! My future MIL had a double mastecomy last year and is coming out the other side of having breast cancer now, so we've signed up to do it together. We're going to walk it though - she's not able to run it and I want to walk beside her as she's a true survivor :D

x

Just signed up for the Glasgow one yesterday with my gf. Not sure how much running/jogging we'll manage but we've got till June to practice.

Moi!! Done it for the last few years. It's an amazing day and a fab atmosphere, and all for a very worthwhile cause. My time improves very slightly each year, which is good news. So gotta come in below 30 mins this year!! Eeek!

i'm wanting to do the moonwalk again this year, but can't find anybody to do it with me boo hoo!!!!! Done this 2 years ago and a couple of years before that i just did the half one. Its a great night, even though it is a tiring 26 miles, and very emotional. xx

I walked it in 58 minutes last year, (i was still a stone or so overwieght) i plan to run it this year, i dont care how long it takes me.. if i run it that will be an achievment in its self..

my race is on june 12th at the downs bristol.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...fernbailey&h=fb78c573f899c7589ec0b51478e2001d
*link removed*

also, if your doing the same run, it'd be lovley to meet anyone who may be there aswell?

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing it and start the Running Made Easy plan tomorrow which trains you to run 5km - I do it every year and would love to run it in 30 mins, always walked/fast walked it in the past - last year managed it in 43 mins xxx

Me! I did it last year (walked it!). Me and my friend are hoping to "jog" it this year!!

Me!! I did it for the first time last year - what a fantastic evening it was, cant wait to do it again!

Jogged it last year in 39mins 43 sec so hoping to do something similar x

I'm not a runner- my boobs make it a very uncomfortable experience for me- even in a shock absorber bra!! I've walked it a couple of times though!! However, this year I'm going to do a 22 mile walk for Macmillan instead, which takes place on 11th September on the Gower peninsula where I live (near Swansea). I feel that if I'm going to walk anyway, I may as well make it a long one, and I'm really into walking at the moment- I love it!!X

Back