Who's Loving Zumba!!!!

I went for the first time the other night and I am loving Zumba, can't believe how quick the time past, I would have done another hour. I was embarrassed to begin with but got into it quickly cause i was too busy watching the leader.

So looking forward to going back next week

I was the same, could have stayed for another hour! Didn't want it to end! x

i have been going to zumba since started SW in Jan. was only going once a week then swimming but started on 3 times a week for past 2 weeks and love it and would go everyday if i could afford it. I go to 2 -3 different instructors and they are all different which is good but i start to get the feel for the moves in one class and think i know what im doing for the next class to be all different again but i suppose it keeps you working hard. I never stuck at a class before as i found aerobics boring but i love this and look forward to going every time. i pay between £3 - £4 per class - just hope i win the lottery to fund my zumba addiction lol.

Good luck to all of you who go or those who are yet to take up the craze xx

Hi guys, am going for my first class tonight so looking forward to it although a bit nervous too! Will report back.

xx

Hi guys ... I loved it!! Was great fun trying to dance along to all the moves, was sweating loads and could see myself jiggling along in the mirror! The instructor was this little guy with hips like electrified ball-bearings, he definitely had rhythm!!

Will be back for more .. can understand why people get hooked on it!

@Shelley1978green --

3 to 4 pounds a classe is cheaper than anywhere around here. They are usually between 5 and 7 pounds a class. (Although, I know someone whose employer subsidises an instructor to come in to where they work and do a class -- and they only pay 50 pence!) If I do the 10 classes for 39 pounds at my local lesiure centre, so it works out to 3.90 a class (and bargain).

I was sore form power plates and so I missed my weekly RC Zumba. However, I am going to the leisure centre on for the first time on Monday... I hope my shoes come in the post soon -- my trainers stick to the floor.

MM

Hi everyone, thought I would cone and join the Zumba chat. I've been doing Zumba classes since last October and I love it. Our village seems to have become the zumba capital as we have about 6 different classes being run by 4 different people. My class had upto 60 people for a few weeks but she then ran 2 classes back to back and they have about 40 in each. I even stayed to both classes one week and it was fantastic, but unfortunately can't do that every week so need to find another convienient class.

I'm glad others have said they sweat buckets as I look like I've been in the shower afterwards.

Look forward to chatting.

Donna

I'm absolutely in love with Zumba. It is such a great and super fun exercise. And it makes me sweat and just melts off the calories. I would recommend it to any one.

I loved the zumba at the leisure centre and am booked again for next Monday. I hope my shoes are in -- my trainers did not stick so much on that floor, but it'd be nice to have proper shoes.

MM

I loved the zumba at the leisure centre and am booked again for next Monday. I hope my shoes are in -- my trainers did not stick so much on that floor, but it'd be nice to have proper shoes.

MM

i got my shoes on tuesday and wore them for the class last night and was sliding all over the place. can't win :) i could do with scratching the bottom of the shoes a little to give them a little more grip.:rolleyes:

I'm going to be allowed back to zumba soon yay!!! My new physio is fab!! (not that my old one wasn't, but new one understands my burning desire to get back to it all)

Shoes in... I'll have to see if they suit. The website said that they ran small to order one size up... but I think 1.5 would be better. They are marked a US 9, UK 7.5 -- but they are more like a US 7.5 and UK 6. Nice though.

MM

MinnieMel said:
Shoes in... I'll have to see if they suit. The website said that they ran small to order one size up... but I think 1.5 would be better. They are marked a US 9, UK 7.5 -- but they are more like a US 7.5 and UK 6. Nice though.

MM

What shoes have you got? Split soles?

Was just about to ask the same thing lol!

Surfhunny said:
I'm going to be allowed back to zumba soon yay!!! My new physio is fab!! (not that my old one wasn't, but new one understands my burning desire to get back to it all)

Hi surfhunny. Great to hear you have found a sympathetic physio - i cant imagine how frustrating it's been!
Welcome back soon :)

I went to my 2nd zumba class last monday, wore my heart rate monitor to see how many calories i burnt. worked up a real sweat and when i finished a ckecked my watch and i'd burned 528 cals!!

laa68 said:
I went to my 2nd zumba class last monday, wore my heart rate monitor to see how many calories i burnt. worked up a real sweat and when i finished a ckecked my watch and i'd burned 528 cals!!

I would love to wear a heart monitor when I work out, I have always wondered how many calories I burn in a class. That's an impressive number! I do love zumba, have been going for a while now. At the end of the month my gym us doing a zumbathon! 3 hours of non stop zumba for asthma UK I think. Work permitting I will totally be there!

I would love to wear a heart monitor when I work out, I have always wondered how many calories I burn in a class. That's an impressive number! I do love zumba, have been going for a while now. At the end of the month my gym us doing a zumbathon! 3 hours of non stop zumba for asthma UK I think. Work permitting I will totally be there!

we're doing 1 1/2 hr class on friday for comic relief in our gym but 3 hours of zumba i'd love that. :D

I went to my first zumba class last week and loved it! Gonna go 2 times a week i think.....
Found it fun and loved the fact that there were so many people there all different shapes and sizes.

Back