who's right ? hexa & hexb

speccy4eyes

Silver Member
Me and my mate are following the red and green days plan

every day I have been having either milk or cheese as my hexa and bread or alpen lights as my hexb

depending my red/green days I have either potatoes or peas or meat as my second hexb

my mate now says she has read somewhere that we should be eating 2 hexa a day ( so we could have double milk/cheese or both) not just the one...........I can't find that written in any of my books and everyone else I know is doing EE so they don't know

doing the plan from home so no consultant or class to check with so I am appealing for help
who's right?

ALSO
On a red day ( or green) could I double my hex b on the veg or meat instead of using one on bread or cereal?

thanks in advance

On red or green you get 1 or 2 hxa and 2 hxb, basically meaning you should have 2 Bs but you can choose if you want 1 or 2 As.
As for your second question, if you mean can you have, for example, 2 hxbs of chicken on a green day, yes you can. On green you could even have 4 hxs of cheese! (2a and 2b)

Hope this makes sense!

Yes you can use both your HEbs for the same thing but I wouldn't recommend doing it every day as it's important to get some variety as well :)

damn.....she was right lol
though it works in my favour when I'm making something meaty or saucy lol

Very clear ladies......
I only wanna do it when I have big meals to make n dont wanna use quorn
I usually use my hex a for cheese as i dont have much milk in my diet, not a big fan cereal (unless its crunchy nut n I syn it) or tea drinker. my hex b is usually wholemeal bread or alpen lights for brekkie but I'd settle for boiled eggs n fruit n use that hexb for double meat or veg on certain days

Thanks - this has been useful! I never knew you could have double HEX on green days! I have been attempting extra easy, but I don't think I am doing it right as I don't always have a 1/3rd superfree with every meal (e.g breakfast etc)

Being able to have double HEX on some days would be fab when I want milk AND cheese, or bread AND ryvita.

Dinners are easy, its breakfast and lunch I struggle with at the moment!

Back