wht do you look for?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by bubbles, 13 May 2010 Social URL.

1. bubbles

bubbles Regular Member

hi all im currently calorie counting and told i need to up my calories as my weight loss has stopped. I was wondering when you look on labels do you just look at calories or do you go for low sugar/fat options as well or am I making things to complicated for myself!! thanks
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!

When I first got to goal weight and did calorie counting for a few months I used to stick to calories and then make sure the fat per 100g was ideally less than 5g i.e. 5%...

I always looked at salt anyway and tried to keep daily intake below the 6 grams that is recommended.

Ultimately though I always viewed the key being calories as if you only put in the fuel you need then you can't store any extra.

4. Littleone

Littleone Full Member

No diet, just slimpods :)
    I look at the calories mainly. Should look at the other stuff but only really do when it comes to comparing.

I find it helpful when shops use a traffic light guide on their products and go for as many greens as I can. Usually it's the sodium that's hard to get low for me, as ready meals, etc, are usually quite high.
  5. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting
    I usually just count the cals but occasionally look at the sugar and fat content to make sure it's not huge.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.