wht do you look for?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by bubbles, 13 May 2010 Social URL.

1. bubbles

bubbles Regular Member

Diet:
    atkins
    hi all im currently calorie counting and told i need to up my calories as my weight loss has stopped. I was wondering when you look on labels do you just look at calories or do you go for low sugar/fat options as well or am I making things to complicated for myself!! thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

When I first got to goal weight and did calorie counting for a few months I used to stick to calories and then make sure the fat per 100g was ideally less than 5g i.e. 5%...

I always looked at salt anyway and tried to keep daily intake below the 6 grams that is recommended.

Ultimately though I always viewed the key being calories as if you only put in the fuel you need then you can't store any extra.

Mike

4. Littleone

Littleone Full Member

Diet:
    No diet, just slimpods :)
    I look at the calories mainly. Should look at the other stuff but only really do when it comes to comparing.

I find it helpful when shops use a traffic light guide on their products and go for as many greens as I can. Usually it's the sodium that's hard to get low for me, as ready meals, etc, are usually quite high.

5. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I usually just count the cals but occasionally look at the sugar and fat content to make sure it's not huge.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.