wht do you look for?

bubbles

hi all im currently calorie counting and told i need to up my calories as my weight loss has stopped. I was wondering when you look on labels do you just look at calories or do you go for low sugar/fat options as well or am I making things to complicated for myself!! thanks

Hiya

When I first got to goal weight and did calorie counting for a few months I used to stick to calories and then make sure the fat per 100g was ideally less than 5g i.e. 5%...

I always looked at salt anyway and tried to keep daily intake below the 6 grams that is recommended.

Ultimately though I always viewed the key being calories as if you only put in the fuel you need then you can't store any extra.

Mike

I look at the calories mainly. Should look at the other stuff but only really do when it comes to comparing.

I find it helpful when shops use a traffic light guide on their products and go for as many greens as I can. Usually it's the sodium that's hard to get low for me, as ready meals, etc, are usually quite high.

I usually just count the cals but occasionally look at the sugar and fat content to make sure it's not huge.

Back