Why add a meal on week 5?

I am due to AAM next week so it seems but i think iam am going to go on the Exante site to see if there is more info as i have lost my booklet..will repost if i find out anything no one else has added already x

The Simple Solution and Working solution can be used until you reach your target weight of a healthy BMI. On reaching your target weight you can continue to use exante™ products in combination with healthy food to maintain your weight. If following the Total Solution you will need to take a food week break every 4 weeks and increase your calorie intake to 1200kcals per day. The Simple Solution can be followed during the food week break.

Why do I have do have a food week break whilst on Total Solutions?

You must have the food week break every 28 days as you are following a VLCD, such as the Total Solution, without medical supervision.
During your food week break you will still have 3 meal replacements a day as well as a healthy balanced meal that is between 400 – 600 kcals. We recommend high protein / low carb meals. Any white meats, fish with green vegetables or salads.
It is also a good way of getting used to counting your own calories and eating healthy balanced meals

I think that explains it fully as i just did a cut n paste from official Exante site hope it helps..

Last edited:
The reason why CD and LL can say wait until week 12, is that you have to have permission from your GP to use them. As you don't need to have permission from your GP for Exante, I think that's why they put in the week 5 (that's my understanding, anyway) personally I love AAM weeks, and it seems to help me!

Exante say you should have an AAM week after every 4 weeks of TS. I'm going to follow their suggestion..they are the experts afterall.

I like the suggestion upthread of treating it as practice for when you come off the diet completely. I think I'll look at it that way too to stop myself getting too carried away. If there's health reasons for doing it, it's probaby a good idea.

looka like everyone is doing really really well x good luck with the rest of the weightlosses, i start my journey tommorow x hoping i can do it

It's my 2nd AAMW starting next week and I cannot wait. Knowing I get to eat a meal for a week definitely helps me stay on track.

Booklet

Everyone keeps mentioning a booklet, was I supposed to get one when I got my first order? I didn't know about it if I did. :confused:

Hi again catscratch
Not stalking you, honest! If you look at shedmasterzero's post a few posts up there is a link to where you can download the booklet
x

Back