Why am I not in Ketosis?

Saksred

Determined
Bought some Ketostix today. I have been on CD for one week now and I am not showing in Ketosis - any ideas why???

Take care

Saksred.x

May be you are and the ketostix aren't showing it because you are testing your urine at the wrong time of day?

May be the ketostix are out of date?

If you are following the diet 100% then you will be in ketosis and you'll lose weight. What do the scales say?

Ketostix just bought from boots, so not out of date, and have been following 100%, maybe try again in the morning.
Saksred.x

Best time to test is in the morning before you have a shake or drink any water.

If you test shortly after a shake or after drinking a lot of water you can get a negative result.

Bet its bright pink tomorrow.

Linda

There was someone on here (I forget who..) always tested negative on the ketostix, but obviously was in ketosis as the weight came off just the same.

It can also be effected (I think) if you just downed a lot of water at once as it dilutes it more)

Try not to worry, if you stuck to the diet you WILL be losing weight, and lots of it too!

Mags
xxx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I will give it a go in the morning, and thinking about it I had drank quite a bit of water....

Many thanks

Take care

Saksred.x

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

D_Q - where have you been hiding?

May sound silly but I never ever tested for Ketosis, just thought to myself that if I do the diet then the weight will come off no matter what colour any stick is!!!

Dont get too hung up about stuff like that, this diet works hun x

I never showed on the stix. Dabbed and splashed, soaked and dipped, morn and eve, before eating after eating. Tried 3 boxes..and didn't once show the slightest hint of pink.

So..gave up testing.

I knew I must be in ketosis. I would imagine this diet is pretty impossible if you're not. You would be so constantly in pain with hunger I would imagine.

good god yeah! i cant imagine CD without ketosis. dont want to even try! do u have the symptoms? freezing cold and the ability to kill people with a heavy breath in their direction.

my hubby used to always fart in bed and try to shove my head under the duvet (who says romance is dead??) but now i jump on him with morning keto breath and make sure he gets the full effect. hehe! much worse that anything he can do to me!

PANIC OVER!!!

Thanks for all your advice - I tested this morning, and it was bright pink - PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care

Saksred.x

PANIC OVER!!!

Thanks for all your advice - I tested this morning, and it was bright pink - PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care

Saksred.x

TOTM monster has been playing merry hell with me - normal service will resume prob by the weekend! ;)

Good good, I've missed you.

Nice to see your ticker moving! :D

LOVES YAH HON! :D

Take care

Saksred.x

Congrats!

FWIW - The only symptom of ketosis I have is no hunger. I did have lethargy at the beginning.

Not everyone has the same indicators of ketosis, however the one consensus is - no hunger -

Back