Why am i struggling now?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by carrot_tit, 22 December 2006 Social URL.

1. carrot_tit

carrot_tit Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.33%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I started maintainance 2 weeks ago but everything has gone to pot, i can't stop eating. I'm fed up and cannot understand why this is harder for me than not eating at all!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    You are so not alone, I think most of us struggle at maintenance. I am the same as you. I think this is going to be a long (endless maybe) journey and where we need to do all sorts of looking into our eating patterns and behaviours.

Xmas ofcourse isn't helping. Keep in touch with all of us on Minimins we can help each other out.

Dizzy x

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, you certainly aren't alone. Many people find maintenance harder than SSing, especially when you come out of ketosis. I know I did. It's also a really tough time of year to keep on track.

I don't know much about the LL maintenance or how far you are into it, so all I can suggest is that you do your best to stick to plan....and if all fails, give yourself a date to get back on and try the maintenance part again as per instructions.

Sorry...not much help. Perhaps a LLer can help.

5. carrot_tit

carrot_tit Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.33%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I never thought i'd say this but i wish i could stay on the foodpack forever!

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You're not the first person to say that either. It is okay in the 'real world' though. You've just got to get your head in a different place....really get to grips with any food issues you have. Kinda scary, but it has to be done if you want to stay slim forever more.

7. Mandana

Mandana Full Member

Can't agree more - managing your new weight is far harder than losing it.

When you're on packs you're in an 'abstinence bubble' and you know exactly what you can and can't have. Easy! But when you're eating there is so much choice and "freedom".

It's all about knowing when to stop and to appreciate your body doesn't need nearly as much energy (food) as it did before when you were larger. Eat the way you did prior to VLCD and the weight will pile back on. Simple maths - too much in results in weight gain.

We all (well, most) find it tough. You're not alone. This is for life!

Mandana x

8. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I am sorry to hear that you're having problems, especially at this time of year. I am still a couple of months away from Management but I do spend time thinking about how I'll cope when free to 'eat' again. At our meeting this week we talked about Management and what strategies we could use to cope.

One thing which was mentioned was using the Thought Records. I used these on holiday in October to help me stay 'on the path'. They really helped to motivate me and forced me to think about my feelings and address my emotions at the time.

Remember Carrot-Tit, it's all in our head, it's what the inner voices say to us, it's that Crooked Thinking which has got us fat in the first place. It wants to be back in charge of us. If we are AWARE of the danger we can learn to FIGHT BACK.

I sincerely hope Carrot-Tit that you can get your eating back on track, I will be thinking of you anyway. Good Luck.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.