Why are some people allowed bars in the first two weeks?

Quick&Painful

This bothers me a little. My CDC does the diet and has a bar a day from the start. And I also know someone else who had them from the start.

How come it doesn't affect their ability to get into ketosis?

Sorry, I'm getting to the point of craving, and I really fancy something to chew on so I'm having a moan!

Although I do want to know why...?

Thanks

You can do the diet anyway you wish, you're the customer, you're paying for it! I have never seen any change in weightloss or coming out of keytosis because of bars. At the end of the day we are talking about a few more carbs and cals a day in a day where we consume next to nothing!
I think the reason that people are advised not to have them from the start is because the bars are solid food and the diet is an abstinance diet trying to avoid food. After 2 weeks you should be eased into the diet and less likely to cave in when you get ataste of solid food. It could potentially take longer to get into Keytosis if you have bars from day 1. I never have bars until at least day 8 and usually not until day 15. It's much better to avoid 'food' at the start of the diet.

My cdc said two weeks. Last time i did it it was two weeks.

Back