Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why are there syns in this dish?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarah23fly, 29 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Sarah23fly

Sarah23fly Want to lose a stone!

Diet:
    SW
    So I have a SW cook book. Im doing the Orange Easy option. Some of the recipes next to the orange dot say "FREE or 6 syns if the cheese isnt being used as a healthy extra. This is good for me as Im breastfeeding and find it hard to get my h.ex's in.

However, I cooked an amazing potato bake tonight, it had pots, low fat cheese, spinach, onion, garlic and stock. But it said 6 syns. How come it didnt say FREE or 6syns if cheese is not a h.ex? Ive accidentally gone over my syns slightly because of this (doh!) but cant figure out why?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Were those the syns for the portion or the whole recipe? How much/what sort of low fat cheese (hard/spread etc) was in the recipe? Anything else in it?

4. Sarah23fly

Diet:
    SW
    Hi ya. It was 6syns per portion, it had 4 portions. The cheese was 148g of low fat mature chedder and the only other ingredients were stock, onion, spinach, potatos and garlic.

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Should be fine as a HEX then, maybe just an editing error. Was the rest of the book laid out the usual "Free or 6 syns if not using x as a HEX" way?

6. Sarah23fly

Diet:
    SW
    Yes it was. I think?! I better go check!

7. Sarah23fly

Diet:
    SW
    Ok, the free thing I got with the magazine made a point of saying free or add 6syns etc which is why I got confused as to why this didnt.

Thanks for helping me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.